Karl Amon.

Straight swap for Rankine.

Take it to the bank.

Jul 14, 2005
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Chelsea FC
Absolutely no chance we would trade Amon for Rankine.

He’s one of our best now and is having an excellent year.

It'd be a pretty even trade on paper tbh. Rankine would still attract a Top 10 pick, Amon likely now worth that much too. Port aren't lacking small forwards, but if Rankine was keen on getting back to SA you'd have to think about it. Move Rozee up the field, Motlop becomes superfluous.

Crazy how good Amon has become. As a Carlton supporter seeing that sort of player development is like seeing a unicorn.

He'd be worth Rankine and a first imo.

He's great to watch, improved year on year since he was drafted pretty much.

Don't think he's worth Rankine and a first rounder though.

Bald

Premium Gold
Apr 5, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Boston Celtics
I thought I read that Michael Voss was moving to be a senior assistant under Dew?

I haven't listened to the grab, do they specify whether it's a player or not?

BORIS332

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 22, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Suns are really keen on Hartlett but he wants to stay at Port. I think Ditts got a sniff of this and is running with it. Not much in it as things currently stand.

Feb 17, 2010
adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
It'd be a pretty even trade on paper tbh. Rankine would still attract a Top 10 pick, Amon likely now worth that much too. Port aren't lacking small forwards, but if Rankine was keen on getting back to SA you'd have to think about it. Move Rozee up the field, Motlop becomes superfluous.

He's great to watch, improved year on year since he was drafted pretty much.

Don't think he's worth Rankine and a first rounder though.

I don’t think too many on the Port board would even consider Amon for Rankine.

I certainly wouldn’t entertain the thought of it.

Amon has become such a key part of our team and plays a role we would be very undermanned without him. He’s probably just behind Wines in our b&f this year battling our second with Boak.

Rankine is obviously a great talent but as you mentioned we have a few who can play that role and pretty well stocked up forward so loosing Amon would be a much bigger loss than gaining Rankine.

Jun 9, 2015
AFL Club
St Kilda
Suns are really keen on Hartlett but he wants to stay at Port. I think Ditts got a sniff of this and is running with it. Not much in it as things currently stand.
He should go, his career is over, he got toweled up by a bloke that got sacked from an afl club and is half his size in the sanfl a few weeks ago. The only time I’d consider Hartlett a big name is if he has his name tattooed on himself in block letters - probably does

The Hobo

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 10, 2004
Perth
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

Let's see - Amon is one of the first names on the teamsheet for a Top 4 club, whilst the other just got dropped from a team sitting equal 16th. Amon is in discussions for the AA squad, Rankine is nowhere.

Ranking has shown flashes of brilliance in his career, but if anything, I'd say his currency has gone down since he has been drafted.

There is no way Port would entertain this trade without a significant sweetener.

Feb 21, 2007
Behind the Bar
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
West Brom,
Amon has been good this year but I don't think he would be considered a big name. Outside of Adelaide how many Port players would be well known. Who would be Port's big names? Gray, Boak and Dixon. Perhaps Rozee, Butters and Motlop.

Jul 14, 2005
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Chelsea FC
Let's see - Amon is one of the first names on the teamsheet for a Top 4 club, whilst the other just got dropped from a team sitting equal 16th. Amon is in discussions for the AA squad, Rankine is nowhere.

Ranking has shown flashes of brilliance in his career, but if anything, I'd say his currency has gone down since he has been drafted.

There is no way Port would entertain this trade without a significant sweetener.

How do you know he is one of the first names on the teamsheet? Assuming Port Adelaide structure and complete their best 22 from Defence to Attack as a midfielder he likely gets added between somewhere between 7th-9th.

HBFlanker

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 23, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Its Charlie Dixon.

Bit of mail floating around he wants to head back to QLD. Kenny has given him the all clear now that georgiades and Marshall can hold down key spots.

Heard this from an agent earlier today.

Feb 17, 2010
adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Amon has been good this year but I don't think he would be considered a big name. Outside of Adelaide how many Port players would be well known. Who would be Port's big names? Gray, Boak and Dixon. Perhaps Rozee, Butters and Motlop.

Thats more an indication of how lacking the national AFL media landscape really is. If Amon was from a vic club, prime time slots and amongst the vic media and commentators, he would be widely recognised as being in the top tear of players in the comp this year.

Obviously Duncan has missed a big chunk of the year but that’s the level Amon is at now and should be Held in similar regard.

Back