Bigfooty’s Rolling 22 - 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Chris99

Club Legend
Mar 16, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide
Hey guys, thought we could do our own rolling 22. This is what I’ve thought of so far, would love some thoughts:

DEF: Whitfield, Lloyd, Laird, Stewart, Hurn, Sicily (Crisp, Jones)

MID: Neale, Cripps, Cogs, Macrae, JOM, Treloar, Rockliff, Fiorini (Kelly, Gaff/Taranto)

RUC: Grundy, Gawn (Witts, McEvoy)

FWD: Boak, Dangerfield, Kelly, Billings, Ebert, Daniel (Ablett, Heeney)

Hey guys, thought we could do our own rolling 22. This is what I’ve thought of so far, would love some thoughts:

MID: Neale, Cripps, Cogs, Macrae, JOM, Treloar, Rockliff, Fiorini (Kelly, Gaff/Taranto)

Dunno who he takes out but Zerrett's last few would have to have him close.

Rookie start price best 22

Def: Duursma, Hore, Scrimshaw, Stack, Wilkie, Answerth. (Young, Clark)
Mid: Walsh, Constable, Ross, B Smith, LDU, Gibbons, Butters, Hayes. (B Scott, Atkins)
Ruck: O'Brien, Clarke .....?
Fwd: Drew, Miers, Rozee, Baker, Setterfield, Petrucelle. (Parker, Zurhaar)

Last edited:

Rookie start price best 22

Def: Duursma, Hore, Scrimshaw, Stack, Wilkie, Answerth. (Young, Clark)
Mid: Walsh, Constable, Ross, B Smith, LDU, Gibbons, Butters, Hayes. (B Scott, Atkins)
Ruck: O'Brien, Clarke .....?
Fwd: Drew, Miers, Rozee, Baker, Setterfield, Petrucelle. (Parker, Setterfield)
You got Setterfield twice ;)

Reckon you've got most of them right, just the order of some of them might be a bit different IMO

This is what I've got right now:

DEF: Lloyd, Whitfield, Laird, Stewart, Jones, Sicily (Crisp, Hurn)

MID: Neale, Cogs, Cripps, JOM, Macrae, Treloar, Gaff, Fiorini (Jelly, Rocky)

FWD: Boak, Dangerfield, Telly, Billings, Ebert, Daniel (Ablett, Newnes)[/QUOTE]

Heeney hasn't done enough to warrant making it onto the bench IMO, whereas Newnes has been much more consistent. Gaff edges out TT due to his ceiling and role, but you could really flip a coin there. Gaff comes on field due to his strong start, leaving Rocky who has had a down couple of weeks (by his immense standards), to fall to the bench. Lloyd gets top spot over Whit due to his average being higher at this stage, but that's a flip of the coin too. JOM gets ahead of Macrae due to his last few weeks, and Jones gets on ground over Hurn due to his role and consistent scoring

Do we see Ebert maintaing a 95-100 average all season that’s required of a top 6 forward?
Seems he needs to get two goals to get to the 100 mark. I guess it comes down to whether port Adelaide can continue this way of form. History says no...

Here's my rolling:

DEF:
1. Whitfield - just ahead of Lloyd due to his ceiling and greater frequency of 120+ scores
2. Lloyd - bane of my season, racks it up nearly every week, gun fantasy player
3. Stewart - people need to start jumping on now, he can junk it like the best of them and cats want the ball in his hands
4. Laird - slowly starting to warm up but still not getting that big score yet
5. Sicily - good mark/kick numbers but can be inconsistent
6. Hurn - takes kick-ins and eagles like the ball in his hands, slow start but is now firing up

next in line: ZJones, Witherden, Crisp

MID:
1. Neale - tagged the last 2 weeks but senses the occasion when the tag is dropped and racks up again, I don't expect him to be number 1 by the end though
2. Macrae - some might say it's a bit too high for him but I think we will see him go up a gear in the next month and become the clear big dog in the mids
3. Cripps - tagged very heavily the last 2 weeks and still tackles his way to respectable scores, we've already seen how big his ceiling is.
4. Cogs - last 2 weeks have been a bit underwhelming given his second half fade-outs, still scoring really well though
5. Gaff - hasn't missed a beat, should dominate home games again this year
6. JKelly - someone that gets a bit forgotten, I won't be surprised if he finishes as a top 3 mid, gun
7. Treloar - has posted some huge scores but I worry about the shear depth in the Pies midfield, every now and then one of their gun mids will get 80-90 (think it will be Beams/Pendles most weeks).
8. Taranto - should be very good the next month and can see it continue for the rest of the year really, horrible mistake trading him out, with Ward out he is locked in that midfield and tackles anything that moves.

next in line: JOM (desperately unlucky, have taranto just ahead for now), Fiorini, Mrouch, Brouch, Merrett, Rocky

RUC:
1. Grundy - clear number 1
2. Gawn - been a bit inconsistent, Witts breathing down his neck

next in line: Witts

FWD:
1. Boak - yes, ahead of Danger, hasn't had a bad game yet and fought really well against Hutchings taf
2. Dangerfield - has hit 130+ a few times already but that 60 odd he got while stuck playing fwd was disgusting (may be biased since I captained him that week)
3. TKelly - rounds of the top 3 fwds which I think is pretty settled now
4. Billings - worried about him, scoring will drop when saints begin their tough run but still may finish just in top 6
5. Ebert - he is somehow averaging 100 and nobody has him, but I do worry about the fwds that don't get a lot of mid time, his goals will dry up eventually
6. Daniel - role is there, maybe relies on a lot of possessions and you can never be sure of your long term role at the dogs

next in line: Heeney, Newnes, Worpel, Ablett

Here's my rolling:

DEF:
1. Whitfield - just ahead of Lloyd due to his ceiling and greater frequency of 120+ scores
2. Lloyd - bane of my season, racks it up nearly every week, gun fantasy player
3. Stewart - people need to start jumping on now, he can junk it like the best of them and cats want the ball in his hands
4. Laird - slowly starting to warm up but still not getting that big score yet
5. Sicily - good mark/kick numbers but can be inconsistent
6. Hurn - takes kick-ins and eagles like the ball in his hands, slow start but is now firing up

next in line: ZJones, Witherden, Crisp

MID:
1. Neale - tagged the last 2 weeks but senses the occasion when the tag is dropped and racks up again, I don't expect him to be number 1 by the end though
2. Macrae - some might say it's a bit too high for him but I think we will see him go up a gear in the next month and become the clear big dog in the mids
3. Cripps - tagged very heavily the last 2 weeks and still tackles his way to respectable scores, we've already seen how big his ceiling is.
4. Cogs - last 2 weeks have been a bit underwhelming given his second half fade-outs, still scoring really well though
5. Gaff - hasn't missed a beat, should dominate home games again this year
6. JKelly - someone that gets a bit forgotten, I won't be surprised if he finishes as a top 3 mid, gun
7. Treloar - has posted some huge scores but I worry about the shear depth in the Pies midfield, every now and then one of their gun mids will get 80-90 (think it will be Beams/Pendles most weeks).
8. Taranto - should be very good the next month and can see it continue for the rest of the year really, horrible mistake trading him out, with Ward out he is locked in that midfield and tackles anything that moves.

next in line: JOM (desperately unlucky, have taranto just ahead for now), Fiorini, Mrouch, Brouch, Merrett, Rocky

RUC:
1. Grundy - clear number 1
2. Gawn - been a bit inconsistent, Witts breathing down his neck

next in line: Witts

FWD:
1. Boak - yes, ahead of Danger, hasn't had a bad game yet and fought really well against Hutchings taf
2. Dangerfield - has hit 130+ a few times already but that 60 odd he got while stuck playing fwd was disgusting (may be biased since I captained him that week)
3. TKelly - rounds of the top 3 fwds which I think is pretty settled now
4. Billings - worried about him, scoring will drop when saints begin their tough run but still may finish just in top 6
5. Ebert - he is somehow averaging 100 and nobody has him, but I do worry about the fwds that don't get a lot of mid time, his goals will dry up eventually
6. Daniel - role is there, maybe relies on a lot of possessions and you can never be sure of your long term role at the dogs

next in line: Heeney, Newnes, Worpel, Ablett
Why do you have JOM 9th best MID, out of curiosity? He's the highest averaging pure MID (Boak as a MID/FWD is slightly higher). I know he missed a match but would still have him locked in the Top 8 MIDs.

Why do you have JOM 9th best MID, out of curiosity? He's the highest averaging pure MID (Boak as a MID/FWD is slightly higher). I know he missed a match but would still have him locked in the Top 8 MIDs.
Yeah that was a tough decision. This is what I think will be the top mids for the rest of the year. Not just looking at recent averages. Agree that JOM may end up there in place of Trel or Taranto, will try update this weekly. JUst think JOM will slow down and will be a huge tag target now

This is my Rolling 22.

I've now come to grips I can't get them all so I'm going to go with form and fixtures for my final few trades. Crisp, Green & Curnow are my selections ATM!

DEF
1. Whitfield - $751 ✔
2. Lloyd - $729 ✔
3. Crisp - $667 (Newman - $648)
4. Houli - $656 ✔
5. Williams - $651 ✔
6. Stewart - $633 ✔

MID
1. Macrae - $824 ✔
2. Taranto - $786 (Neale - $690)
3. Treloar - $785 ✔
4. BCrouch - $764 ✔