Aug 8, 2008
Campbelltown
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Arsenal, Macarthur FC
EVENT CLOSED
NdP4PPD.png

Just like this competition returning from the mists of time, the AFL has decided to bring back a fully fledged State of Origin series for 2021. This competition will allow all states and territories the opportunity to participate this time around. There will be no allies team. With that each state has set out to design their new kit for the competition.

Your job is to design one of these kits. You cannot use a design that has been used in the past by any of the states or territories and needs to be unique to the state. There is no need to use a state of origin logo, however if you wish to create one to appear on the guernsey then feel free to do so, but if not the regular AFL logo is fine if you choose.

PLEASE READ THE RULES AND SUBMISSION GUIDELINES CAREFULLY, FAILURE TO FOLLOW THEM WILL RESULT IN DISQUALIFICATION OF YOUR ENTRY.

Rules

Here are the rules for this DESIGNATHON Event:

• Any registered board member may enter;
• Participants are limited to ONE entry per event. You may enter as many or as few events as you like;
• All entries must be your own original work, logos may be edited.
• You may use any template you like that features only the kit elements (please no entries that feature players/silhouettes), though it is preferred that you use one that makes your entry anonymous (can be done by using templates that are used by other members of the board). Remember, unlike the league competitions on this board, this competition is about the designs, not the presentation.
• All guernsey designs will be required to use the number 22 on the guernsey in the AFL font*, no unique numbers will be accepted;
• Even though the entries when posted in a poll will be anonymous for the purpose of keeping track of who has entered so that the winners can be contacted please add the username you use on here in your entries email title, otherwise either your real name will be used or if no discernible information can be gathered your entry will be excluded.
• Entries should be submitted on a white or grey background with no other design elements
• I will serve as the contest's referee, and will answer any questions about rules and event criteria. Questions must be asked within this event thread, and will be answered here. I will NOT respond to any questions about an event in a PM, instant message or personal email, so don't contact me directly. I will be the judge to any dispute.

Anyone caught cheating or otherwise compromising the integrity of the DESIGNATHON will be disqualified, stripped of awards and/or banished from future participation.

Submitting your entries

All entries must be submitted using the following guidelines

Failure to follow the guidelines could result in your entry being inadvertently (or intentionally) excluded from judging.

To save having a mass of private messages each entries image must be emailed as an attachment to bigfootydesignathon (@) gmail (dot) com prior to the set deadline. Subject line should be the event number and your username (Ex: Craegus Event 1). Once you submit your entry, it is considered final.

Do not upload you image to an image hosting site. Google searches can easily find these images and this will remove the anonymity of your entry. Once the polls close for this event, you may then upload your image.

Do not include your name or any other personal identifiers on your submission. Also, do not watermark your work. You are expected to keep the identity of your entry anonymous until the end of the event. If you think you know the identity of another designer, keep it to yourself. Anyone who exposes the identity of themselves or anyone else will be DQ'd.

All entries must be in .png format but can contain plain backgrounds with no identifying marks.

I will NOT contact you if your entry is wrong, therefore make sure that you comply to these guidelines before submitting your entry.

You will receive a confirmation email (automatically generated).

Event 1 finishes on:

Saturday 24 October 2020 11:59pm AEDST

Good luck and happy designing.

Last edited:
Why 22.
Probably because I use it.
Why do I use it?
I wanted to show the correct nature of the curves and straight parts of the number font.
1 for example, is only straight. 0 is only round. 7 is only straight, 8 is only round
2 and 5 have both straight and rounded parts to them.
So I decided on a number that would be a combination of those two digits.
2, 5, 22, 25, 52 or 55.
There are (now) 22 players in a team, so I went with 22.
And now you know that.

Why 22.
Why do I use it?
I wanted to show the correct nature of the curves and straight parts of the number font.
1 for example, is only straight. 0 is only round. 7 is only straight, 8 is only round
2, 5, 22, 25, 52 or 55.
And now you know that.
Knowing is half the battle

Why 22.
Why do I use it?
2, 5, 22, 25, 52 or 55.
And now you know that.

22 was chosen for the Designathon for 2 reasons:

1) When the competition first ran, people were using personal numbers for their designs as to identify their work compared to others (some like myself still use those numbers), this competition is all about anonymity so it made sense that a singular number was chosen to be displayed on kits. The number that was chosen for this purpose was made because of point 2.

2) This number was used by Mero and others in the early days of the board, so it made sense to use continue using it.

BraveBountifulGnat-small.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back