Aug 8, 2008
Campbelltown
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Arsenal, Macarthur FC
CLOSED
hYFjXQ7.png

2020 has brought us many challenges, the lockdowns, the worry that we would not have sporting competitions played, and if they did in what form would they be played. The AFL had to deal with this issue more than others with the complete loss of Victoria for the majority of the season, having to play out of hubs for the majority of the season. The worst part was that the AFL Grand Final had to be moved away from not just the MCG, but from Victoria for the first time ever.

However with the negative comes the positives. The move of the AFL Grand Final to Queensland ended up being a financial success for the league and opened up their eyes to the possibility of making massive financial gains by selling off the rights to hosting the Grand Final to the highest bidder in future seasons. This is exactly what they have done.

So I can announce today that the 2021 Grand Final will also not be played in Victoria, but instead in South Australia at the Adelaide Oval.

But with the change in the hosting comes other changes. The AFL don't want to have the same old AFL Grand Final logo of the past and want each years design to be specific to the city and stadium that the game is being played. So your job is to design the Grand Final logo for the 2021 match.

Your only restriction is that the AFL logo must feature in the design and cannot be recoloured. The rest of the logo is up to you (including colours).

PLEASE READ THE RULES AND SUBMISSION GUIDELINES CAREFULLY, FAILURE TO FOLLOW THEM WILL RESULT IN DISQUALIFICATION OF YOUR ENTRY.

Rules

Here are the rules for this DESIGNATHON Event:

• Any registered board member may enter;
• Participants are limited to ONE entry per event. You may enter as many or as few events as you like;
• All entries must be your own original work, You may use modified existing logos and images for this event as part of your logo but it may not be the entire design, though completely original designs are preferred.
• Even though the entries when posted in a poll will be anonymous for the purpose of keeping track of who has entered so that the winners can be contacted please add the username you use on here in your entries email title, otherwise either your real name will be used or if no discernible information can be gathered your entry will be excluded.
• Entries should be submitted on a white or grey background with no other design elements
• I will serve as the contest's referee, and will answer any questions about rules and event criteria. Questions must be asked within this event thread, and will be answered here. I will NOT respond to any questions about an event in a PM, instant message or personal email, so don't contact me directly. I will be the judge to any dispute.

Anyone caught cheating or otherwise compromising the integrity of the DESIGNATHON will be disqualified, stripped of awards and/or banished from future participation.

Submitting your entries

All entries must be submitted using the following guidelines

Failure to follow the guidelines could result in your entry being inadvertently (or intentionally) excluded from judging.

To save having a mass of private messages each entries image must be emailed as an attachment to bigfootydesignathon (@) gmail (dot) com prior to the set deadline. Subject line should be the event number and your username (Ex: Craegus Event 2). Once you submit your entry, it is considered final.

Do not upload you image to an image hosting site. Google searches can easily find these images and this will remove the anonymity of your entry. Once the polls close for this event, you may then upload your image.

Do not include your name or any other personal identifiers on your submission. Also, do not watermark your work. You are expected to keep the identity of your entry anonymous until the end of the event. If you think you know the identity of another designer, keep it to yourself. Anyone who exposes the identity of themselves or anyone else will be DQ'd.

All entries must be in .png format but can contain plain backgrounds with no identifying marks.

I will NOT contact you if your entry is wrong, therefore make sure that you comply to these guidelines before submitting your entry.

You will receive a confirmation email (automatically generated).

Event 2 finishes on:

Saturday 7 November 2020 11:59pm AEDST

Good luck and happy designing.

Last edited:
Hey Craegus, do we need to keep the Toyota sponsorship included in the logo design or are we okay to exclude it?

So with the deadline approaching I am extremely happy with the number of entries that have come in so far.

Wait that is wrong.

Let me double check that first sentence.

Deadline approaching - Check

Extremely happy with number of entries - Nope

So far I have a grand total of ZERO entries. Yep that is right ZERO.

Really hoping that there is a massive influx in the next day and a few hours.

So with the deadline approaching I am extremely happy with the number of entries that have come in so far.

Wait that is wrong.

Let me double check that first sentence.

Deadline approaching - Check

Extremely happy with number of entries - Nope

So far I have a grand total of ZERO entries. Yep that is right ZERO.

Really hoping that there is a massive influx in the next day and a few hours.
252985.jpg
May the entries come swift 🤞

View attachment 998971
May the entries come swift 🤞

Already know the feeling from the Can-Am. But with the number of people who have asked for the competition to come back or mentioned it over the last few years, I expected the turnout to be far greater than what it is.

Hopefully that will happen over the hours remaining in this event.

So total entries = 1

I have extended this 1 week to hopefully get enough entries for a poll.

I have to say that I am extremely disappointed with this. This is the first time that I have had to extend an event because it seems like no-one is interested.

If Event 3 suffers the same result (will now close at the same time as this one), I may have to reconsider continuing the competition as it is not going to be worth my time and effort to run it if basically no-one wants to participate which is really sad as there are some fantastic events scheduled and after all the discussion over the years about bringing this back made me think that people actually wanted it.

Perhaps not.

Prove me wrong people.

I really did want to enter and did try to get something made up, however logos really aren’t my forte at all really and I couldn’t get something together that worked, I am going to try and enter in future rounds though, it’s just that my time constraints aren’t ideal.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back