Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Centrals
Brock McLean
(Melbourne)
- or -
Joel Selwood
(Geelong)

Who will be the better player in season 2009?

NB: This is a best player vote. If Sandilands beats Roughead and Roughead beats Judd, then Sandilands beats Judd

Surprised to see Brock leading this to be honest. I love Brock and hope he can have an injury free year in order to take the next step, but I think Selwood's on the brink of greatness and gets my vote in this one.

McLean, not coz i hate geelong, I just believe that Selwood has had an enormous ride with no real role to fill in the side. Selwood will probably have the better year, but McLean will be the better player, if that makes sence

McLean, not coz i hate geelong, I just believe that Selwood has had an enormous ride with no real role to fill in the side. Selwood will probably have the better year, but McLean will be the better player, if that makes sence
You know either know nothing about football or have never seen Selwood play.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have seen selwood play plenty of times, and in that geelong side he has it easy as his team mates pick up that slack.

if selwood was playing for melbourne everyone would be calling him a spud.
And thus you know nothing about football.

I have seen selwood play plenty of times, and in that geelong side he has it easy as his team mates pick up that slack.

So you're a Hawthorn fan who didn't watch the Grand Final then? Because if you did, you wouldn't be making a stupid comment like that.

If Selwood's teammates picked up the slack in that game, then I guess we were watching different matches, because what I saw was a 21 year old who stood up head and shoulders above his teammates, and was definitely the second best midfielder on the ground. Leigh Matthews rated him the best.

Can I have some of the stuff you've been taking buddy ?
You think he has it easy in our side.He's been the one that's won a few games for us this year off his own back.

Hahahahaahaha. That is ****ing hilarious.

Selwood is only good because of the people around him. Just like Ablett and Bartel.

How about the games when one or two teammates have been down, and Selwood has picked up the slack? Look at the Fremantle game in Round 4, when we were down by 6 goals with 10 minutes to go in the 2nd quarter, when Selwood sharks two Sandilands hitouts and sets up two goals within a minute. Or look at the Kangaroos game in Round 5 last year, when Selwood, in his 3rd game for the side, was the team's best player on the day.

It may be easy to say "Oh, his teammates carry him", but he must be doing something right if he's been able to break into our midfield and keep guys like Kelly, who pundits said was better than Bartel and Ablett early on in his career, playing on the half forward flank.

If Selwood was playing at Melbourne, he'd be copping the number one tagger each week.

On the other side Mclean stands out as an average footballer in a well below average team.
You might as well call cameron bruce a better footballer than chris judd while your at it and Russel Robertson is definately better than Franklin as he doesn't get the same delivery.

Brock gets a light tag because there is no one else in the melbourne team to worry about.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back