Play Nice Bigfooty Basketball Forum Feedback Thread

Hi everyone,
hope you are all well and enjoying the basketball served up by the Lakers.

The Basketball Forum has long been the gem of the Bigfooty World. Respected by all, envy of rival boards, a vessel of information, opinion and well researched/educated posters. The basketball world has become a small place with the world wide web and notably NBA League Pass allowing all of us to act as if we are there live. With this comes increased information as we are bombarded every minute with tweets, posts and blogs detailing every movement of the NBA player. From nirvana state that comes with Steph Currys bombs, to the depths of hell in a vegas brothel, we ride every bump here.

That being said, where does this forum sit in your basketball universe? What emotions and feelings do you have about this place? Any suggestions, improvements, criticisms?

The weekly threads. Are these working for you? Are these beneficial? Prefer weekly to one consolidated thread?

PPs punting thread. Integral to the forum?

Posters. I think everyone gets along pretty well.

Feel free to slide into my DMs should you wish to raise things that you want kept private.

Your friend.

PN

Last edited:

Hipster Doofus

Bigfooty's Neighbour
Feb 14, 2011
Apartment 5B
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Sacramento Kings
Love it. Always coming back.

Keep the weekly threads, Hans does a brilliant job with it and it breaks up the season nicely with recaps and previews every so often at the start of the threads that organise the weeks previous allotment of games a bit.

May 23, 2012
Smoothie King Central
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, New Orleans Pels
should i start handing out infractions when posters post in the wrong thread?

Absolutely, provided fitting punishments can be allotted.

I think stewie griffen deserves a framed Rudy Gay photo for his inevitable first offence, while repeat violations should mean that a DVD of Doug McDermott defensive highlights should be dispatched his way, post haste.

Misplaced punting rage is an especially insidious crime, and calls for the ultimate punishment - no visits from Pricey's mum for a week.

Sep 7, 2005
Firing GarPax
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool, Chicago Bulls
Absolutely, provided fitting punishments can be allotted.

I think stewie griffen deserves a framed Rudy Gay photo for his inevitable first offence, while repeat violations should mean that a DVD of Doug McDermott defensive highlights should be dispatched his way, post haste.

Misplaced punting rage is an especially insidious crime, and calls for the ultimate punishment - no visits from Pricey's mum for a week.
I shall raise you a blu ray copy of the laker pelican game to highlight rynos contribution and will offer to purchase the inevitable Davis bulls throwback Jersey

May 23, 2012
Smoothie King Central
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
I shall raise you a blu ray copy of the laker pelican game to highlight rynos contribution and will offer to purchase the inevitable Davis bulls throwback Jersey

Ha!

The joke shall be on you sir, as I'll have doubtless smashed by DVD player long before then after Norris Cole attempts another step back two.

Also AD is sure to snap in half, Bruce-Reid style, the moment he steps foot in the Windy City. Even the lightest zephyr will at least pull one of his arms off.

Sep 7, 2005
Firing GarPax
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool, Chicago Bulls
On a serious note.

I prefer weekly as its nice to have a hans summary each week. Although it might be useful to know in advance if he's planning to do the thread each week or not. Obviously over xmas is always tough to coordinate for peops, but now that we are back into the swings of things.

I'm happy to do something with SoS or any other volunteers on the weeks that hans cant do it.

I think the punting thread is a nice part of the forum for those inclined to have a punt. It keeps the rages/punting talk off the weekly thread, and the main board is a black cesspit of knobs.

Im guessing most folks are back at work so thats why its been a touch quiet during the early games lately.

Board needs Mead back.

40-year-old-virgin-4-1439899610.gif

May 23, 2012
Smoothie King Central
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
I prefer weekly as its nice to have a hans summary each week. Although it might be useful to know in advance if he's planning to do the thread each week or not. Obviously over xmas is always tough to coordinate for peops, but now that we are back into the swings of things.

I'm happy to do something with SoS or any other volunteers on the weeks that hans cant do it.

I can get on board with this.

Apr 18, 2003
The Room
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

I've got tomorrow's Weekly Thread sorted, but after that I'll be away for about a month. So whoever wants to take over Weekly Thread duties, it's all yours!

May 23, 2012
Smoothie King Central
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
I've got tomorrow's Weekly Thread sorted, but after that I'll be away for about a month. So whoever wants to take over Weekly Thread duties, it's all yours!

Done my good man.

We'll raffle it for the privilege of presenting a pale facsimile in your stead.

Please stay away from Matt Barnes, Jahlil Okafor, the Kardashians and Jeremy Lin's hair during your travelling.

May 9, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
Forum is awesome. By far my favorite here on BF. The funny thing is that AFL team forums have all this bickering and such when they support the same team, yet here where everyone supports different teams it's generally a friendly place.

But maybe I find it a happy place because the Warriors are 37-4 :cool:

:thumbsu:

Forum is awesome. By far my favorite here on BF. The funny thing is that AFL team forums have all this bickering and such when they support the same team, yet here where everyone supports different teams it's generally a friendly place.

But maybe I find it a happy place because the Warriors are 37-4 :cool:

:thumbsu:

shut up

Back