Competitions BigFooty Blues 2016 Goalkicking Competition

Remove this Banner Ad

A new comp for this year, stolen and slightly adapted from the Crows board. This competition is designed to keep entrants involved as much as possible.

Basic Rules

You have to pick a Carlton goal kicker each week. If he kicks a goal you move on to the next round. If he doesn't you are out*. You can not pick the same player twice. Last person left wins.

*Read sections on buy back and immunity.​

How do I make a selection?

Choice.JPG

You make your selections in this thread. Your selection must be in by the first bounce each week. You can change your selection right up until kick off time if you change your mind or your psychic won't stop calling. However you must change your selection by quoting your original selection and making your new selection in a new post so we have a time stamp.

Diplomatic Immunity

Diplomaticimmunitygoalkickingcomp.JPG

If your player kicks the first goal of the game (the game, not just the Blues first goal) then you earn an Immunity Card. It's like a Get Out of Jail Free card.

You can also earn an Immunity Card if your selected player kicks 4 goals or more in the week you selected them.

You can play this card once to get back in the game if your selected player fails to kick a goal OR you can play the card to bypass selection for one week. Immunity cards can not be played in our final game and can not be earned in our second last game. You can hold multiple Immunity Cards at the same time.

However for any week that you choose to use your immunity card to skip a week, you must select a player still. It won't matter if they kick a goal or not, but immunity is its own reward, so we don't want you having an extra player left in the pool to select from. If you don't select a player, one will be selected for you according to Guernsey number order.

Late team changes

changesnextexit.JPG

If your selected player is named in the 22 but is a late withdrawal then you get whoever comes in for them, unless you make your changes in thread before the bounce. If there's more than one late change or if you have already previously selected that player then you will get the first selected player in Guernsey number order (i.e #1 Walker, #2 Silvagni, #3 Murphy etc) that you have not previously used.

I forgot

Iforgot.JPG

Some of us are off saving the world, some of us are just getting old and forgetful (shut up!).

If you forget to put your selection in or pick an ineligible player at any time up to and including round 18, do not despair. You will automatically be allocated the first player available to you in Guernsey number order.

Buy Back

buyback.JPG

Nothing worse than having a bright shiny new competition, then having it over as quick as it began or sitting and watching everybody else go on as you make an early exit. Let's keep this party going!

If you are eliminated for any reason, there is a second chance draw. You must correctly select two goalkickers the next week to re-enter the competition. You can attempt more than one buy back but can not attempt it two weeks in a row. If you are eliminated the game after a buy back, you are eliminated from the competition.

You can attempt a buyback in the final game to win the whole thing if you are eligible. Theoretically this means you would pick two correct goalkickers to beat others who only had to choose one i.e coming over the top. We will call that move WADA.

You can't earn an immunity card when attempting a buy back and you can't earn tiebreak points (see tiebreak). You must first use any immunity cards you hold instead of using the buy back option (as if you wouldn't).

The downside of using a buy back is that if you get to a stage where you find that you have already used all 22 players selected in the side because of buy backs .... bad luck. You're out. Let's face it though, the odds of that happening are about the same as me conceding a point or Aphrodite not asking if there is an echo in here.

Sudden Death Tiebreaker

suddendeath.JPG

In the event of a tie, the following factors will be used to split remaining entrants or the last entrants if they are eliminated in the same game.

1. Goals kicked by selected player each week. Note: Goals will not be tallied on a buy back week. Most goals wins. If equal then;

2. Least buy backs used. If equal then;

3. Most immunities won. If equal then congratulations multiple winners.

Last edited:

Sounds really complicated...

Nah

1. Select a different player each week to kick a goal. If they do you move on, if they don't;
2. Select 2 players who must kick a goal to get back into the comp again.

There are safeguards for forgetting to lodge your selection and immunity can be won.

Simple?

We had two comps last year, the first one began round 1 and the 2nd comp commenced May 31 and concluded in the first week of the finals.
I hadnt thought of that. Guess we can run multiple comps during the course of the year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Too much thinking required. I'll cheerlead.

Very little thinking needed. I'll tell everybody where they are at each week.

Round 1 - Casboult. Kicks a goal, move to round 2. If he doesn't kick a goal, move to round 2 and pick 2 goalkickers to get back in again.

Round 2 - Pick anybody else but Casboult as you can't pick the same player twice. Say Everitt. Kicks the first goal of the match. Earn an immunity.

Round 3 - Walker. Doesn't kick a goal, give up the immunity and move to round 4.

Can I buy immunity in round 1?

Made a heartbreaking exit at the first hurdle of the tipping comp last season, could not live through that again.

Can I buy immunity in round 1?

Made a heartbreaking exit at the first hurdle of the tipping comp last season, could not live through that again.

You can still play to get back in round 2.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back