Meet Up BigFooty Blues catchup: Carlton v GC 28-Jul (watching at pub)

Will you attend?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

You are cordially invited to the 3rd annual poorly-organised-by-ferrisb BF Blues catchup thingymajiggy.

Do you dream of meeting random weirdos from the internet?
Do you think Gold Coast is the only match we will win for the rest of the year?
Would you like to associate LanceRomance with an image other than Murph's groins?
Do you want to watch HBF and I doing a back-to-back height comparison after 8 beers?
Do you enjoy thylacine60 pretending he's too busy?

Yes? THEN THIS IS THE THREAD FOR YOU!

We conducted a poll this year about which match to watch and surveyed 100 people. Their responses were:

55: Get off my porch!
17: I'm calling the police
12: Meh
7: Get off my porch, FFS!
6: If I wanted to a scoreless half, I'd stick to the world cup
4: OMG, ferrisb looks like Grant Denyer aged and started shrinking
1: Let's watch Carlton vs GC at a pub
1: What he said
1: Can you even count to 100?

So due to underwhelming demand, we thought we'd catch up at a pub, have some grub and watch a much-needed win for our club.

What: Carlton v Gold Coast - Round 19
When: Sat 28-Jul. Will book a table at 7:00 for 7:25 kickoff.
Where: Turf Bar, 131 Queen Street, Melb CBD
Why: Turf bar has screens on every wall, so if Tom Lynch gets hold of us, you cannot look away. Also they have a parma menu. Of course there's other food too, but why would you bother when there's a PARMA MENU?!?
RSVP: In this thread, via the poll above or by liking this post and we'll start up a convo to discuss all the details.

Be there or be a normal person....

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I head down for 1 game a year...this is it for 2018. Looking forward to seeing what Metricon is all about...and spending a few days on the gold coast with the family.
Considering how pear shaped the Suns season has gone we might crack them as well - fingers crossed! Todays news regarding Lynch certainly helps!
I got excited when I saw the title thinking everyone was heading up....then saw the brackets...:oops:

Back