Universal Love BigFooty Bombers

Remove this Banner Ad

As a fairly consistent lurker I think the best part of this year was being able to read the crap that was going on on the other boards and then come back to the Essendon board and read something positive about our beloved team. The year was incredibly tough for all but I feel that this year will prove pivotal for the coming years. You watch as our membership tallies continue to grow, year in year out, no matter how we perform on field. I feel that we will look back and be able to point to this year as our watershed moment as EFC supporters.

Also as a knock on effect of all thats happened I've realised how important the EFC is to me. I've followed them all my life. And instead of just being a follower I'm putting my money into the Club by buying memberships for my sons who previously were Richmond members as well as for my daughter. I will renew mine and My sister has become a silver member. Other Clubs would have folded.
It's thanks to all here that I want to put in more

Echo many of the sentiments already mentioned.

Also want to reinforce what has been said about tanked.

Credit to the guys that organise them and show up to so many. I knew nobody when I went to the first one, and have since found subsequent events really easy to go to.

If you have any doubts about meeting your imaginary friends over a beer, please don't. Putting some names to faces is a valuable thing and it lets you know who is real and who exists only in a virtual reality world.

Echo many of the sentiments already mentioned.

Also want to reinforce what has been said about tanked.

Credit to the guys that organise them and show up to so many. I knew nobody when I went to the first one, and have since found subsequent events really easy to go to.

If you have any doubts about meeting your imaginary friends over a beer, please don't. Putting some names to faces is a valuable thing and it lets you know who is real and who exists only in a virtual reality world.

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/essendon-board-poster-of-the-year.1041266/

vote-jade-jpg.35526

As a fairly consistent lurker I think the best part of this year was being able to read the crap that was going on on the other boards and then come back to the Essendon board and read something positive about our beloved team. The year was incredibly tough for all but I feel that this year will prove pivotal for the coming years.
You watch as our membership tallies continue to grow, year in year out, no matter how we perform on field. I feel that we will look back and be able to point to this year as our watershed moment as EFC supporters.

Yep...people are just starting to work out how loyal Essendon supporters are in general.

As an older fan I remember clearly what opposition supporters thought of us as a club back in the late 70s. We were nothing to anyone really. Dismissed as regular mid-ladder battlers with no improvement in sight.

Back then we were still riding on the legend of the Reynolds 1930s and 50s/60s Coleman Premiership eras.

But the home games at Windy Hill in the late 70s/ early 80s were largely always packed no matter what was going on because the fans just love the club and the red and black jumper.

Then Sheedy came along and changed our club after years of mediocrity and the fans flocked even more. We then enjoyed the next 20 years of success and excitement and transferred that love of the club to our kids.

30 years later people are still perplexed at why Essendon fans are so loyal...so madly devoted to the club.

Thanks to Sheedy and players like TD, Watson, Madden and many others who followed Sheeds' lead, the whole culture at Essendon is united in one aim...

To strive for success and greatness and to not tolerate mediocrity.

So it's little wonder (to the bemusement of others) that this year the fans stuck firm and held their faith in the people who run our club.

Culture.:thumbsu:

* I love being an Essendon fan.

15 years of support (switched from the Filth to the 'Aints then ended up at Essendon due to a classmate in grade 1 going for them (she switched to the Scum) and the fact I loved saying that name because it rolled off the tongue nicely) and while 3 years ago I considered changing because I didn't want anything to do with a cellar dweller and mainly because my 2010 was a s**t year for me because it was my first year out of school and I suffered withdrawals massively because it was a change in my life I wasn't ready for, I am glad I didn't because I know we are a fantastic club and have players with mouth watering skills (I'm looking at you Hibberd and Merrett) to salivate over.

I apologise for rambling but I'm really looking forward to 2014-16 and maybe beyond.

GO THE DONS!

To my Red sash brothers and sisters, I BLEED RED AND BLACK!

**** I love being an Essendon fan.

15 years of support (switched from the Filth to the 'Aints then ended up at Essendon due to a classmate in grade 1 going for them (she switched to the Scum) and the fact I loved saying that name because it rolled off the tongue nicely) and while 3 years ago I considered changing because I didn't want anything to do with a cellar dweller and mainly because my 2010 was a s**t year for me because it was my first year out of school and I suffered withdrawals massively because it was a change in my life I wasn't ready for, I am glad I didn't because I know we are a fantastic club and have players with mouth watering skills (I'm looking at you Hibberd and Merrett) to salivate over.

I apologise for rambling but I'm really looking forward to 2014-16 and maybe beyond.

GO THE DONS!

I thought Hocking the 'Mooroolbark Mauler' would be your fav player?:)

**** I love being an Essendon fan.

GO THE DONS!

Mooroolbark? You live 2 minutes up the road from me. You can probably smell the Essendon emanating from my house.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

s**t year both on a footy note and a personal one.

Snap. It's amazing how much life can put footy in perspective. The one shining light for my family this year was the performance of the players on the field in the face of adversity.

I for one will be happy to see the back of 2013.

Mooroolbark? You live 2 minutes up the road from me. You can probably smell the Essendon emanating from my house.

Reminds me....I grew up in Croydon/Mooroolbark ( off Hull rd) and a few months ago when that person went off the platform at the train station in their scooter....the first time I saw the story with that CCTV vision on the news here in Perth, and before they mentioned where it happened, I straight away thought.." s**t..that's Mooroolbark station! "...haven't been there for years but called it..lol

Yeah noticed that as well....

Doesn't matter about the journey as long as the final stop is at BomberLand..:thumbsu:

Thanks to everybody for a great year. It has been a tough year for our club but this board has made it much more tolerable. Especially having recently moved to Queensland where most people know sweet FA about AFL. If they have it's usually, "You support Essendon? The drug cheats?" This board has been a great place to come and get some decent footy chat. I really enjoyed doing the podcast too and am definitely up for it again next year The Prosecutor.

I live the right side of the tracks.
Up the road from my house is an old primary school of mine and directly opposite is my old high school.

Mooza B FTW.

If housing terminology is appropriate for Footy, then Essendon has been/is and forever will be my forever home.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back