Podcast BigFooty Cats Podcast Episode 2: National Draft Review

Remove this Banner Ad

Good work guys.

thejester . really enjoyed the herd mentality bit. When Pods was never drafted , one reason given was , "hey if he was any good someone would have picked him by now".
To me Wells is willing to risk being wrong to get it right. Too many fear getting it wrong and pick the players they should. Leslie at 20 probably showed GC have a bit of that about them too.

Pure_Ownage , great insights on Lang. And as much as "we" here wanted contested players , the MC must have wanted more run and speed. As someone said Motlop showed how damaging a player like that can be.

1999 was good as well.
I have to say that for a dedicated Geelong follower, the podcast you guys put together was the best post draft commentary around. I LIKE the silences for a bit and the mic sounds - makes it sound more real and I freaked out in the silences thinking NO DONT stop now !!!! Overall the key messages from you all and Wellsy himself, are that players are picked for continued improvement in our development program, and character. When I look at all three, I can see exactly that, and I'm not too worried about what round they were picked. As I've said elsewhere, I think in fact JK may play seniors first. Also, on the push on our forums for a big body inside player like Dunstan, Jansen is the one who may have more upside in him and is bigger, so could be anything really. Have been watching him all year and he has just got better and better.

Rookie draft should be very interesting, unfortunately we have late picks so all this excitement around Eli Templeton, Nd Hourigan is a bit misplaced I think, in that they may be long gone by pick 16. It will be fascinating to see what we do.

So, my feedback is that once the rookie draft is done, you do a podcast discussing the final list, and the pool of players likely for 2014, and the options for roles for each of the players on the list - basically run thought the list.

I think you're onto something here guys, but please don't try to be too professional in production values or clones of the footy media, keep calling it how you see it - it's great to be part of.

please don't try to be too professional in production values or clones of the footy media, keep calling it how you see it - it's great to be part of.

Thanks for all the feedback! :thumbsu:

In response to the above - we'll always be striving to make it a high quality production - but never sacrificing the content for the sake of cloning the media. It's always going to be raw opinions, unscripted and open for all to take part and have their say.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back