Chess BigFooty Chess Club v Peak Performers (BIGFOOTY WIN 10.5-9.5)

1628613824643-jpeg.1202297

BigFooty’s fifth chess match

It's a strong step up in quality as we play an experienced team in Peak Performers. We are very much the underdogs but can we pull off a famous win!

Hi all. Would love to be involved in this next time around.

I came here to discuss the Niemann vs Carlsen stuff too. Drama!

I’ll tag you next time (depending on how this match goes maybe the start of next year) and please join the BigFooty chess club.

And feel free to discuss Niemann v Carlsen here too, chess is now mainstream news!

TheArchitect

Team Captain
Mar 27, 2022
AFL Club
Carlton
I love the drama. Have been following pretty closely and the performances of niemann have been somewhat suspsicious as deemed by people smarter than myself.

His coach having a very iffy record isn’t a great look either.

Gut feel is he is guilty - Magnus knows something more but he can’t say due to legal ramifications. Niemann’s rise is too meteoric compared to others, and his performances on non televised games is average.

Apr 23, 2018
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
If Hans and his coach are cheating, they're doing a great job of it to not have it picked up by Ken Regan... It's such an interesting space given the moves are all there to be checked.

Drew my second game. Laytexlove a bit too good for me unfortunately.

That was a good game from what I was seeing…especially as you were outrated by 100 or so points!

Dec 7, 2000
Victoria home of football
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Eagles
A good draw from daddy_4_eyes and a strong win by GremioPower and we’re 8-7 up with 5 games to play.

Could we pull this off?

ehh, my opponent played super passive. Just reacted to me and did nothing to play for the win.
I tried to mix things up (couple sacs), but first chance he got to repeat moves in both games he took it.

Apr 23, 2018
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Just had a look through the game analysis, and it was very close throughout. Particularly happy with my play given that I was at a very time-intensive work event from Thursday to Sunday last week, and played the last couple of moves with covid brain-fog.

2 games to go from CursingFijian against the guy who has over 1000 games on the go and it’s 0.5 a point for a draw, 1 point for a win.

Good luck mate!

Back