BigFooty Chess Club v The Commonwealth (FINAL SCORE: BIGFOOTY WIN 21-17)

Remove this Banner Ad

1601146424732.png

BigFooty's second chess match

After our win against The Young Australian Chess Players, it's now time to show The Commonweath what we're made of. Unfortunately rating restrictions mean our best player (Hawkage) is too strong to play for us. However, let's dominate like we usually do at the Commonwealth Games. Signups open until the end of the month with the match starting on 1 October.

Go BigFooty!

Join here! https://www.chess.com/club/matches/1170084

Last edited:

Apr 15, 2006
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
England
Later: (above message was still sitting waiting to be posted)

Great show by EmNinjaBees with a crushing double win against a higher rated opponent. And a good win for Santoz.

Now 6-6.

And the match against the young Aussies is finally over - 34-26 to us. I think this Commonwealth team may be be a stronger opponent but we are going well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What might be a turning point in the match, as Fat Nyfe wins one of his games to make the score 17.5-16.5 to BigFooty.

4 games to go, 19.5 points required for victory.

Some great teamwork, I won my first game. I was ahead in the 2nd game but didn’t want/need to take 3 days a move grinding it out so offered a draw.

BigFooty lead 20-17 with one game to go.

WE WON!

Chief

Apr 15, 2006
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
England
Some great teamwork, I won my first game. I was ahead in the 2nd game but didn’t want/need to take 3 days a move grinding it out so offered a draw.

BigFooty lead 20-17 with one game to go.

WE WON!

Chief

It seemed like it was never going to end, and suddenly it's all over (well not quite) but I think we all deserve a celebratory drink!

Mar 6, 2007
Florence
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
The Exers
Just to say a big thank you for everyone who played, it was a great win against very strong opposition.

We will look to do a Christmas speed tournament, and then look to have another club match next year. Congratulations to you all and have a great festive period!

daddy_4_eyes Anti Septic Fat Nyfe Jaymin CursingFijian samFFC Stronzo RalfM RoseZella Jiska leobarryustar Schulzenfest pickler_mz Santoz chelseacarlton kober3742 SarahSmiles goaldrush
Thanks for your tireless efforts getting Bigfooty chess off the ground and organising everything.

Undefeated in club matches so far, good going peeps!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back