BigFooty Chess Club v Young Australian Chess Players - (FINAL SCORE: BIGFOOTY WIN 34-26)

leobarryustar

Milking frees
Margin Mania Chess Club Member BeanCoiNFT Investor Zombie Lover A Star Wars Fan
Sep 23, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
The Exers
24 hours until default. I was keen to have an actual game

I did my next move about 30 seconds after and nothing since from them...

Live look in on Jaymin at his laptop the last 48 hours

Iw5C4Gv5A6YmqCsAeaaeo4qQ1oBUeakMbQcdTzVnWTg.jpg

UPDATE

And SarahSmiles wins to put us 3-2 up. His unusual 1. b3 scared off the opposition, who couldn’t find a response in 3 days.

I've just lost one game and I'm circling the drain in another, sorry guys. The guy I'm playing is ranked 1200 in dailies but 1500+ in every other game mode, I was well outmatched.

Last edited:
I've just lost one game and I'm circling the drain in another, sorry guys. The guy I'm playing is ranked 1200 in dailies but 1500+ in every other game mode, I was well outmatches.

No worries, these are clearly experienced players and it’s about the experience. Always the chess AFL!

Apr 15, 2006
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
England
If I may make an observation, these more experienced match players may be taking advantages that we are missing, and the big one of these is perhaps the clock. We have three days at our disposal, not meaning that we should be dragging games out to Christmas, but neither should we be averaging five minutes a reply. I saw this in my own games, my opponent now has taken hours more than me. I'm (so far) holding my own but I'm thinking how much better could I be if I'd taken longer, analysed more and when I'd decided, rather than post immediately go and chat on a forum for a while. Then check over everything again before posting.

Make him wait, waste his time, let him get frustrated. Use the clock.

Jul 1, 2013
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Fulham, 76ers, Cubs, Bills
If I may make an observation, these more experienced match players may be taking advantages that we are missing, and the big one of these is perhaps the clock. We have three days at our disposal, not meaning that we should be dragging games out to Christmas, but neither should we be averaging five minutes a reply. I saw this in my own games, my opponent now has taken hours more than me. I'm (so far) holding my own but I'm thinking how much better could I be if I'd taken longer, analysed more and when I'd decided, rather than post immediately go and chat on a forum for a while. Then check over everything again before posting.

Make him wait, waste his time, let him get frustrated. Use the clock.

Good pep talk (Y) agreed!

Congratulations to deaneus for 2 wins out of 2!

Looking good for SarahSmiles as well...

Commiserations to Schulzenfest and Chadders46 , going down in good games.

Keep it up for the weekend and plenty of time to think about your moves :). We are currently behind 5-4.

THE BIG FREEZE 6

The Big Freeze is happening on Queen's Birthday. Please see the following link for details of what is happening and how you can contribute:

I will be donating $2 for every point we get in this match, as part of the SFA fundraiser for MND. The SFA is a BigFooty-hosted forum where you are one of the players in an AFL-simulated league. And it's free! If it's something you're interested in getting involved with, feel free to PM me:

Enjoy your long weekend everyone.

THE BIG FREEZE 6

The Big Freeze is happening on Queen's Birthday. Please see the following link for details of what is happening and how you can contribute:

I will be donating $2 for every point we get in this match, as part of the SFA fundraiser for MND. The SFA is a BigFooty-hosted forum where you are one of the players in an AFL-simulated league. And it's free! If it's something you're interested in getting involved with, feel free to PM me:

Enjoy your long weekend everyone.
Nice work mate

They could also click on the Link in my Signature for more info ;)

Won the rematch to square up against my opponent.

1591517316029.png

We're up 8- 7. Somebody is going to have to win the game after the siren at this stage.

1591517418972.png

So how are we all going, are we winning?
Is there a live ladder or anything to get a guide on how we are going, which games are still going or finished?

EDIT: found it, looks like its 8 each at this stage woooo, GO BIGFOOTY!

Last edited:
Back