Games & Recreation BigFooty Death List 2017 Congratulations hong_kong_bond.

Remove this Banner Ad

I find most comedians to be not that funny and not that original.

Those that are though, can really crack you up.

This man was one of the funniest in Australia

He was a cerebral comedian. Used intelligence and wit instead of swearing and crudeness

He was a cerebral comedian. Used intelligence and wit instead of swearing and crudeness

That's part of it. But i think a lot of contemporary political comedy just relies on jokes along the lines of "trump is a dickhead" knowing that is good enough to get a laugh from some people.

Clarke basically sought out that which was absurd yet perhaps not obvious to us due the shroud of bullshit covering it. He stripped the bullshit away and served up what remained: the absurdity of day to day politics. And we all laughed because he was so funny at doing it.

That's part of it. But i think a lot of contemporary political comedy just relies on jokes along the lines of "trump is a dickhead" knowing that is good enough to get a laugh from some people.

Clarke basically sought out that which was absurd yet perhaps not obvious to us due the shroud of bullshit covering it. He stripped the bullshit away and served up what remained: the absurdity of day to day politics. And we all laughed because he was so funny at doing it.
He had a great voice for comedy, he always sounded to me that he was pointing out the bleeding obvious.

Clarke and Dawe will always be one of the great comedy duos. Very sad news!!

Loved his Alan Bond interview.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oldest living Brownlow Medalist.

menacing_grin_grinch.gif

Another one for the "he was still alive?" file.
https://www.theguardian.com/film/2017/apr/15/clifton-james-actor-sheriff-jw-pepper-james-bond-dies
Clifton James, an actor who was best known for his indelible portrayal of a southern sheriff in two James Bond films but who was most proud of his work on the stage, has died. He was 96.

His daughter, Lynn James, said her father died on Saturday at another daughter’s home in Gladstone, Oregon, due to complications from diabetes.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back