Podcast BigFooty Draftcast – Ep 13: Phantom Draft SZN

Remove this Banner Ad

BigFooty's Draft Hub has its own podcast!

Hosted by The_Wookie, the new podcast will feature a rotating cast of our resident Draft Experts & Draft Watchers, including Davo-27, ModernArtillery, PMBangers, Pie 4 Life, Smythe and eDPS.

The Draftcast is expected to feature game reviews, profiles of draft hopefuls, club needs, squabbles over rankings, Q&As, and lots more.

All episodes are available on iTunes:

... and Spotify:

If you have any suggestions, feedback, ideas for what you’d like to hear about, or questions you’d like answered, please post them in this thread :)

Last edited:
Great stuff guys, really good episode. I love the intro, I love the episode, but mostly I love Neil Erasmus
Would that happen to be Bigfooty Draftcasts' own Neil Erasmus?

Great stuff guys, really good episode. I love the intro, I love the episode, but mostly I love Neil Erasmus

"We love our bread."
"We catch the bus."
"But, most of all, we like Erasmus."

105 – Roos, Pies and Crows Reviews
On this episode of the Bigfooty DraftCast, The Wookie is joined by Pie 4 Life and ModernArtillery for a look at the ins and outs and possible replacements for teams who didnt make finals. May contain traces of Bigfootys own Neil Erasmus.

Hello all,

We hope you enjoyed our first end of season club review and enjoy the upcoming one focusing on Gold Coast, Hawthorn and Carlton! Next week Draft Experts ModernArtillery and myself will be on to discuss Richmond, St Kilda and Fremantle! As with the first two episodes, we're looking for questions from fans of these teams, feel free to drop any you have in this thread and we'll get to them!

Cheers,
PMBangers

How many Erasmusii can we get with two top 10 picks?

What numbers would the drafted Erasmusii like to wear in purple next year?

What would you rather fight, 50 duck sized Erasmusii or 50 Erasmusii size ducks?

Finally, which of Young, Darcy, Serong, Brayshaw and Erasmus will be the best Freo player once careers are done

How many Erasmusii can we get with two top 10 picks?

What numbers would the drafted Erasmusii like to wear in purple next year?

What would you rather fight, 50 duck sized Erasmusii or 50 Erasmusii size ducks?

Finally, which of Young, Darcy, Serong, Brayshaw and Erasmus will be the best Freo player once careers are done
*Erasmi

106 – Hawks, Suns and Blues Reviews
On this episode of the Bigfooty DraftCast, The Wookie is joined by Pie 4 Life , PMBangers & eDPS take a look at the departures for each club and the possible replacements and ways to improve the lists of teams who didnt make finals. Plus Neil Erasmus Watch.

Hello all,

We hope you enjoyed our first end of season club review and enjoy the upcoming one focusing on Gold Coast, Hawthorn and Carlton! Next week Draft Experts ModernArtillery and myself will be on to discuss Richmond, St Kilda and Fremantle! As with the first two episodes, we're looking for questions from fans of these teams, feel free to drop any you have in this thread and we'll get to them!

Cheers,
PMBangers
Serious questions:

Do you see any of the KPFs in this draft being a number 1 KPF option?

Liklihood of Motlop lasting past 40

Give your min/max return on the Cerra trade

For fun, rank AB/Serong/Young/Darcy once careers are done

For Richmond's upcoming draft:
1. What are Richmond's biggest needs since the Tigs board can't settle anything?
2. Who would fill these needs?
3. For PMBangers, does Richmond really need a ruck/forward like Mac Andrew considering they have Samson Ryan, Soldo, Nankervis and CCJ (for the moment)?
4. Will Gibcus last to pick 7, seems to be a favourite of the tigs board?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Serious questions:

Do you see any of the KPFs in this draft being a number 1 KPF option?

Liklihood of Motlop lasting past 40

Give your min/max return on the Cerra trade

For fun, rank AB/Serong/Young/Darcy once careers are done
god damnit you stole some of the semi intelligent questions I had
Hello all,

Cheers,
PMBangers
viable teams for Freo to trade picks with if they want to split 6 or 8 into multiple? or if they end up with 2 2nd’s, moving up into the 1st?

thoughts on the impact of a lack of a game time to injured young players on their development (thinking of Chapman/Frederick missing 16 games this year, Sturt barely getting on the field, Young playing 10ish out 40 games possible so far?

how likely is it that a Sinn type is best player available at 6 or 8, and personal predictions on how badly the freo board will melt?

was 2016 one of the more disappointing drafts recently? logue hasn’t been the greatest pick 8 ever, but those taken after him/around him aren’t exactly setting the world on fire?

and finally, if Freo pass on Erasmus, will Snuffaluphagus be capable of rational thought ever again?

With the Saints current midfield I’ve been thinking that a haul of “best available midfielder” with our first pick then Owens and Windhager matched with junk picks.

to me it seems like a pretty balanced group of young mids to bring in at once with a tall mid, a goal kicking mid and whoever we pick first.
Can you tell us more about our NGAs and the type of players they are/the roles they could play? Owens I can’t seem to figure out what type of mid he could be, all I’ve got is he’s 190cm and plays maybe inside and maybe outside.

What has caused the Victorian dominance in AFL? 9 out of the 10 flags think.

Has free agency made a positive impact?
Are rebuilds raking too long?
Can you still draft your way to success?

For Richmond's upcoming draft:
1. What are Richmond's biggest needs since the Tigs board can't settle anything?
2. Who would fill these needs?
3. For PMBangers, does Richmond really need a ruck/forward like Mac Andrew considering they have Samson Ryan, Soldo, Nankervis and CCJ (for the moment)?
4. Will Gibcus last to pick 7, seems to be a favourite of the tigs board?

And Mate Colina. Another ruck prospect on Richmond’s list.
Our first surely not another ruck.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Forgive the lack of episodes this past week, I got handed the keys to the ferrari and wrote it off temporarily, will return this week with a WA v SA Championships game quick review with PMBangers and eDPS, Richmond/ Fremantle/ St Kilda post season summary episode with ModernArtillery and PMBangers, as well as West Coast/ Sydney/ Essendon with eDPS and PMBangers

So Eagles, Swans and Bombers fans, drop questions below on what your team may do at the draft and what players may be considered!

Thoughts on Rhett Bazzo, Jacob Van Rooyen, Charlie Molan, Kade Dittmar, Sam Butler or Ben Hobbs being possibly drafted by Essendon please.

Also, just general thoughts on Lewis Rayson, Toby Conway, Lachlan Rankin and Baker Smith too please.

Lastly, Erasmus watch.

107 – WA vs SA U19 Champs Game & 108 – Tigers, Saints and Dockers Reviews
Double banger today for the lads!

In Episode 7 of the Draftcast, PMBangers and eDPS recap the SA v WA championship game.

You can also direct download here.

In Episode 8 of the Draftcast, The_Wookie is joined by PMBangers and ModernArtillery for a look at the departures and possible replacements for the Tigers, Saints and Dockers. Plus, week 4 of Erasmus Watch.

You can also direct download here.

Last edited:
109 – Eagles, Swans and Bombers Reviews
On this weeks episode of the Bigfooty Draftcast, The Wookie is joined by PMBangers and eDPS as we take a good hard look at the departures and possible replacements for West Coast, Essendon and Sydney. Plus updates on Bigfooty's own Neil Erasmus.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back