BigFooty Dynasty Signups

Remove this Banner Ad

Id think we need slightly different setups for a fresh league.

5 backs
6 mids
1 ruck
5 forwards
1 utl

18 players + 5 emerg + 17 depth gives 40 per team.

Would allow more depth in the FA pool as well as giving people better flex options. Could play 2 rucks or an extra mid or forward to pump those stats.

Id think we need slightly different setups for a fresh league.

5 backs
6 mids
1 ruck
5 forwards
1 utl

18 players + 5 emerg + 17 depth gives 40 per team.

Would allow more depth in the FA pool as well as giving people better flex options. Could play 2 rucks or an extra mid or forward to pump those stats.
I wouldn't be interested in too many changes - especially not less than 22 players in a team, but would be happy for there to just be 1 Ruck for example and 4 Utilities, and a change to a smaller list size and therefore maybe a slight increase in FA selections over the course of the season from the current 5 to maybe 7-10.

The other way you could add more depth would be to only have 12 teams instead of 14, but I don't think there is an issue with not having enough players playing each week with our current format, the issue (in my opinion) is more down to a coaches list management choices.

I wouldn't be interested in too many changes - especially not less than 22 players in a team, but would be happy for there to just be 1 Ruck for example and 4 Utilities, and a change to a smaller list size and therefore maybe a slight increase in FA selections over the course of the season from the current 5 to maybe 7-10.

The other way you could add more depth would be to only have 12 teams instead of 14, but I don't think there is an issue with not having enough players playing each week with our current format, the issue (in my opinion) is more down to a coaches list management choices.
The league that I am in uses 1 ruck and 2 utilities, I think having the extra utilities is great 2 or 4 as it means that teams can set up to target areas, do you play the second ruck, more midfielders or forwards to win each week. Depending on your team and opposition and where they have strengths and weaknesses

I think that 4 UTL basically forces teams to play at least 2 rucks. If we are goinjg to setup a 2nd league why not make it different enough to require new stratagy? Im up for whatever though :)

I think that 4 UTL basically forces teams to play at least 2 rucks. If we are goinjg to setup a 2nd league why not make it different enough to require new stratagy? Im up for whatever though :)

I don't think it would, depends on strategy :p

An option that would change it up is allowing Captains, I would be happy for that :)

I would think that having extra utilities to usual will make any new league more original, I think utilities are the thing which allow us to go in any direction, ruck oriented, forward oriented or midfield oriented.

The way I see it with UTL is that if you have 3 or 4 of them, it makes sense to have a second ruckman.

By only having 1 R and 1 UTL it means that missing out on a second genuine ruck isnt as big a deal.

The way I see it with UTL is that if you have 3 or 4 of them, it makes sense to have a second ruckman.

By only having 1 R and 1 UTL it means that missing out on a second genuine ruck isnt as big a deal.

If I have 2 ruckman and 2 centres as Utilities and you choose to play 3 centres and 1 forward I would (hopefully) win hit outs, but pay the price by giving you a huge advantage in other categories such as Kicks, Handballs, Marks and Score.

If I decide to play 1 Ruck and a combo of the other positions, and you decide to play whatever combo you like of Backs, Forwards, Centres, you would still have an advantage in most categories, as usually Ruckman are only good in a couple of areas, Hit outs and Handballs, or Hit outs and Tackles etc. There are very few Rucks who are great in three categories ;)

We see things differently, I disagree with your logic on this one. Not a big deal.

This is all I have to say about it :p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would be all for having just the 1 Ruckman, and having that 4th Utility, as mentioned, I reckon it would give you more strategies to go with depending on your opponents line up! Also the idea of having a smaller list and allowing extra listings of FAs through out the year.

I'd love to join a new league as well simply because I would like to try some different draft strategies having a selection from all players. As JT said, the thought of a new draft is exciting! and this season has only just finished!

I'm in. Just to prove that I'm actually half decent at this game if I bother turning up to a draft.

Just a suggestion for something different. Replace FF and FA with free kick differential, and make total score worth double. Means goal kickers will be at a premium.
I don't mind the free kick differential, but I'm not a fan of the double weighting of the score category.

I'd prefer 22 players in the starting lineup with one ruckman starting.

Any chance I could join? Seems like a fun game :thumbsu:

Good luck to Tutty with the vacant list, really hope you have a good shot at it as it is really something you will need to stamp your name on and i am sure you will.

Furthrmore please keep me posted on any future vacancies in a future league or the current league as i am interested in both opportunties, you all seem like great blokes and keen players of fantasy footy and the UF concept.

Cheers

I'd like to join as well if it happens, I've been active in the BFFL with the turnaround of my side - have been slack in the offseason but will be trading again now

Remove this Banner Ad

Back