Keeper Lg. BigFooty Dynasty (Ultimate Footy)

Remove this Banner Ad

BigFooty Dynasty Rules

Section I - General
1. The initial draft will be held on-line. Teams will be formed in a draft that will be carried out in 1-14 then 14-1 order (known as 'serpentine' or 'switchback'). Drafts will be done in live draft. The order for all initial drafts is decided randomly.

2. All teams must come out of the initial draft with the necessary components to field a starting lineup (i.e.6 Defenders, 5 Midfielders, 1 Ruck, 6 Forwards, 4 Utitlities). Then, you must always maintain these minimum requirements throughout the regular and off-season.

3. An off-season rookie drafting period will be held after the actual AFL rookie and pre-season draft. This will most likely be an offline draft held on the BigFooty forum where teams have 24 hours to make their picks. The team with the fewest points at the end of the regular season drafts first, the team with the second-fewest points at the end of the regular season drafts second etc. In the event of a tie, the team with the lower percentage scored selects first. Teams in finals will have a draft position according to where they finished after the finals (i.e a team that had the 6th best winning record, but wins the Grand Final will draft last rather than have the 8th pick). Each draft round will follow the same order as there is no use of the serpentine format.

4. Teams who fail to make a selection during their 24 hour period will be allocated the highest ranked undrafted player. Teams who fail to make a selection in the draft may be replaced.

5. Any player or future draft pick for the subsequent year may be traded during the off-season. Any deals must be approved by the league commissioner.

6. The draft pool will comprise of all players who are entering the AFL in that subsequent year (i.e. Jaeger O’Meara and Brad Couch can be selected in the 2012 Rookie Draft) and players not on a list in BigFooty Dynasty at the time of the rookie draft (i.e. delisted players in BigFooty Dynasty may be selected).

7. Teams must have at least two open spots at the end of the season to make way for new draftees.

8. The league will be using the default category-based scoring.

Section II - Trading and Transactions
1. Waiver priority will be determined by reverse ladder order.

2. A player cannot be traded back to a team until four (4) games have passed.

3. The league has the ability to call for a trade veto within 72 hours of the trade through voting in a trade committee of 5 or 7. If there is clear majority in the number of vetos, the trade will be vetoed. The league commissioner will make the final decision if the trade is processed.

4. You will be responsible for fielding a complete team during bye weeks.

5. No trades will be permitted following the conclusion of Round 16 for teams involved in the BigFooty Dynasty finals. Following the conclusion of BigFooty Dynasty finals, all teams will again be allowed to trade. During the off-season, teams may delist players and trade draft picks and players after submitting their lists with two available spots.

6. Only 5 players per team can be picked up from waivers or free agency throughout the season and only one player per week.

Section III - Rookie Draft
1. The BigFooty Dynasty Rookie Draft pool will comprise of players of selected in the AFL National Draft, Preseason Draft, Rookie Draft and any other players entering the AFL in the subsequent year.

2. There is a 12 hour OTC (on the clock) limit which begins after the owner before you in the order has selected their pick. Notice the time stamp on the post before you? Add 12 hours to it… If you believe you cannot make a pick during your allocated time limit, you may PM the league commissioner (Unknown_Caller) with a small list of picks that allows the commissioner to make a selection on behalf of your team.

3. If your 12 hour window passes - YOU WILL BE AUTOPICKED - meaning that you will receive the highest drafted player instead of who you would want. If you miss two picks in a row, you will be immediately removed from this league.

4. There are no exceptions to the two rules above. So please - PAY ATTENTION TO THE CLOCK.

5. All picks are final. There is no second-guessing here.

6. Every team will be allocated one first round pick and one second round pick after they have two open spots on their team lists. Third and later round picks will be allocated according to the number of open spots you create (delistings and trades) on your team list during the off-season period.

7. At no time may a team hold more than 45 players on their list. For example, if a manager has 5 picks in the draft, but only 3 available roster spots at the beginning of the draft – the manager will forfeit their last two remaining picks.

8. Any player added after the Rookie Draft will count for a waiver selection.

9. No trades or delistings will be processed during the draft.

Section IV - Trading of Future Picks
A 1st round future draft pick could only be traded if the coach held either:
1) at least a second 1st round future draft pick,
or
2) at least one pick from each of the 2nd, 3rd and 4th rounds of the future draft.

A 2nd, 3rd, or 4th round future draft pick could only be traded if the coach held either:
1) at least a second pick from the corresponding round that they were trading out,
or
2) at least one pick from the 1st round of the future draft.

Section V - Miscellaneous Items
1. All lineups must consist of TWENTY-TWO players: 6 Defenders, 5 Midfielders, 2 Rucks, 6 Forwards, 3 Utitlities. Each team is allowed four emergencies: 1 Defender, 1 Midfielder, 1 Ruck, 1 Forward

2. Rosters will consist of 45 players. The twenty-three (23) reserves on your roster may consist of any number of defenders, midfielders, forwards and ruckmen. It is your responsibility to maintain your roster at all times. If a team goes over the 45 spots (by free agent pickup or trade) the transaction or transactions will not be processed for that week. Teams in the BigFooty Dynasty Leagues keep their ENTIRE roster from season to season not including the mandatory two open spots. When new players are added during the off-season drafting periods, owners WILL be required to drop a player to stay at the 45 man roster limit.

3. The act of "throwing games" (losing on purpose by turning in a lineup filled of players that normally would not play) is not tolerated in the BigFooty Dynasty. In every instance where a team has found to intentionally lose a game by submitting a bogus lineup, that owner will immediately be REMOVED from the league in question. When other instances arise, teams will be REMOVED the moment the indiscretions are discovered, whether they happened this year or in a previous year.
The REMOVAL involves the leagues in question only. After one year has passed, the offending owner has the opportunity to apply for reinstatement to that league.

4. Conduct that is deemed detrimental to the league will not be tolerated. This includes, but is not limited to, posts and or emails that are harassing in nature and serve no legitimate purpose other than to cause discord within the league. There is a difference between expressing viewpoints or likes/dislikes of a league or format and personal attacks toward fellow owners or the commissioner .

Teams
  1. Deft Touch - Unknown Caller
  2. Warburton Wombats - deeman87
  3. awaiting name - Drew23
  4. Geelong West Sparrows - Jordie_tackles
  5. Lolern Bulldogs - Zim^zuM
  6. Tutty's Tributes - KissKiss
  7. tenderWARRIORS - tenderwarrior
  8. Croxton Roosters - Bowski
  9. The Junk - Wise Guy Sam
  10. Albury Bandits - flaps
  11. Rockford's Raiders - Rockford
  12. American Doggie - American Doggie
  13. Flat Track Kings - The_Big_Ship
  14. Olma FC - Haychh

Last edited:

I was very un-original with my team name.

As i won't be able to participate in the live draft, and will be relying on pre-draft rankings, is there any way we can increase the number of players to be picked up via waiver post draft?

Can I still enter this?

Since we are approaching the draft date, we would need another guy interested so that the draft can start on time.

As i won't be able to participate in the live draft, and will be relying on pre-draft rankings, is there any way we can increase the number of players to be picked up via waiver post draft?

Maybe if enough agree to it, but I doubt there would be many players worth picking up after 450 picks.

Yeah, I think this is a good idea.

I'd go so far as to say that, if possible, there should be unlimited waivers up until round one.

I'm also not sure if I can make the draft or not.

Yeah, I think this is a good idea.

I'd go so far as to say that, if possible, there should be unlimited waivers up until round one.

I'm also not sure if I can make the draft or not.

Okay, I'll try to make unlimited waivers up to round one. After that, I'll change it back to a limit of 5. Also, the only other available drafting time is on Wednesday 14th so if enough people can't make the original date I'll change it to that.

Thanks Unknown Caller.

I'm sure no one wants to give away their strategy - but its interesting to decide whether to go for the long-term player who may not play much in 2012 (eg. Patton) v someone who will play games this year, but very few beyond (Brogan).

Great concept!

I would like to join if possible...makes the league deeper, search for the gems! I am up for next Thursdays draft. Could that mean snuckinhill and I could join and expand the league to 12 teams? Please PM me Code and Password if possible. That would be great!

I would LOVE to get in on this. Just to be clear - This is going to be a keeper league yes? IE players that are drafted on Thursday night will be in our teams every year until they are delisted by us, traded to another team in the league or retire from AFL?

I also think it should be 3 players delisted at the end of the year - just like the real AFL

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Any chance of getting in on this? I've played UF the last few seasons but haven't been able to find a keeper league. Maybe extend the roster by a couple of teams to make it 12 teams instead of 10? :)

Any chance of getting in on this? I've played UF the last few seasons but haven't been able to find a keeper league. Maybe extend the roster by a couple of teams to make it 12 teams instead of 10? :)

There's actually gonna be 14 teams now if everyone invited joins.

Team LWP is up and running.

I have this league on Thursday followed by an offline BBQ/Draft the day after the NAB Cup GF.

Big week of player research coming up!!!

First pick has been narrowed down to 3 players. I hope I get a pick around 10, then I will get 19 as well. As my second pick is narrowed down to 4 players.

Could we please get the draft order arrange ASAP, just helps planning!

I'm happy with either Wednesday or Thursday.

My team name is Maroons.

13 teams now. Hopefully we can get one more by Thursday. Can I suggest we cut the squad sizes down to 38?

6 hours research richcog! I wasn't planning on doing any research.

I'm happy with either Wednesday or Thursday.

My team name is Maroons.

13 teams now. Hopefully we can get one more by Thursday. Can I suggest we cut the squad sizes down to 38?

6 hours research richcog! I wasn't planning on doing any research.

In these types of category keeper leagues the initial draft is the most important part. Got to have solid foundations and a balanced team. I have played a few season NHL fantasy the same style!

With the increased interest in this league, I'll cut down squad sizes to 40 or 42.
I'm interested. In the other league I've been playing in for the last 4-5 years we only have lists of 25 players, this year 23.

The idea is to make sure that the better 'coaches' keep on top of things & draft in & out based on injury, form & elevation.

Makes for an interesting season.

I like the long term idea of this though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back