Keeper Lg. BigFooty Dynasty (Ultimate Footy)

Remove this Banner Ad

Brett Eddy steal of the draft by yours truly?

With Dougal Howard coming off an ACL and Dixon every chance to actually be dropped this season I'd thought he would be a good job-security player. Instead he looks like he could be a dominant bigman for the price of a late pick!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Warriors Round 1 Half Time wrap
There is a fair chance that my brain fart last minute idea to replace Tom McDonald in my side with Karl 'who?' Amon will hurt me big time in my match up with Daysy_12! I didn't even have McDonald as an emergency.. :huh:

I also forgot that McKernan likes to try and rack up stats in all categories, and unfortunately the one he excels in the most is the Frees Against category. I think he equaled his 'record' tonight of 6.. :'( If it means that we win the Hit Outs (still up for grabs with Petrie to play tomorrow) it will have been worth it.

Heppell putting on the UF performance of round 1 thus far (yes, even better than Dusty) makes it all a little better - 3 goals straight, 34 possessions, 8 marks, 7 tackles and 3 frees for, with his only blemish 1 free against is a great return! Maybe Gawn and his 49 Hit outs could top it, I guess we will wait and see how the UF Gods judge it.

Around the grounds..
Speaking of Gawn, I think richcogs has taken his side to even another level. We could be about to see what will be, to my knowledge, the first 300 kick game! He is on 195 kicks with still 7 players to go, including Fyfe, Neale, Motlop, Greene, Atkins and Masten :eek: We know that it will take more than a truckload of kicks and hitouts to beat Rockford though!

mrpez is attempting his own record of most Tackles in a game, and though I don't know for sure, I don't remember ever seeing a side break the ton (though Rockford may have done) Pez is currently sitting on 92 tackles and still have 4 players to go, including Rory 'mad-dog' Sloane. Already this round 3 of his players have reached double figures for tackles, an amazing effort.

Though it is likely that Jordie_tackles will eventually go down to Danny_Bhoy, he should be very happy with how his team is progressing, with encouraging performances all round by a good number of his young players. For now his inability to name a full side will hold him back, but once his squad is more developed, he will be shooting for the stars :star:

Hey guys I have a huge amount of defensive depth these days. Open to trading for a centre (higher than the worst centre I have on my team) or forward. That Armitage/Kelly trade I will rue forever and getting rid of Cripps.

We know that it will take more than a truckload of kicks and hitouts to beat Rockford though!

I am my own worst enemy when it comes to picking the best 22. As such, I'll be stepping back into a Stephen Wells type role and the Raiders are looking to recruit a game day coach. We're hoping for more of an Alastair Clarkson type than a Gerard Neesham.

Good first week of footy being back! Smooth first week as well in the bigfooty dynasty league with no real upsets going down.

Warriors Round 2 Half Time wrap
Warriors off to a good start in Round 2 but still struggling in the tackle count. Even with Ward and Breust who were recruited primarily to assist with this Category, as between them they have only managed 2 tackles! Breust otherwise had a good game kicking 4.1, and Ward did a great job with 20 Handballs, which is other reason I got Ward, as this is my second weakest category.

Jake Lloyd played a great game and is proving to be very valuable as a Back option. 20 Kicks and 14 Handballs from a Back is well ahead of the curve.

Sam Reid forced himself in to the side at the last minute with a great game on Friday night. I don't think anybody was expecting Reid to play so well straight away after missing all of 2016, and I am not sure I would trust him to be in my best 22 most weeks but 6.1 and a few stats in every other category means he is a great inclusion.

Player of the round so far though is another new recruit in Will Hoskin-Elliott. Though he is not always fantasy relevant, he is always a joy to watch with his sublime skill and athletic ability. Collingwood have him playing primarily on a wing so far this year, and I hope that is where he stays. 3 goals, 21 possessions, 12 marks and 3 tackles had the Warriors off to a great start.

Around the grounds..
Tutty forgot to select a full team it seems, having a few non-starters in his 22, and will finish at least one man short. I am confident that it would not affect the result against Rockford though he will be looking to bounce back hard after his big loss in round 1.

L_W_P and mrpez look to be locked in a tight battle 4-5 but I would expect Pez's team to run away with it in the second half. It is good to see LWP being able to field a full side though, and his squad is certainly on the improve. mrpez had a terrible run with injury etc last year but with more of his young guns available will look to play finals in 2017 and will scare quite a few sides I am tipping this year.

Conversely, Jordie_tackles seem to have threenewpadlocks covered leading 8-1, but I think this game will be very very close come Sunday night, one to keep an eye on for sure.

Bit disappointing start to the year, Crouch and Schache injured, Degoey a muppet and Sheridan on the outer hurting, Krakour getting suspended also but he was due to be dropped. Can't field a full team but this is the path I have chosen.

Still think the next generation is travelling well,
McKay, Francis, Balic, Guthrie, Howe and others all showing positive signs in reserves.

And to continue looks like my players are performing better than expected in early performances with only 3 playing below the UF projected ranking.

Bit disappointing start to the year, Crouch and Schache injured, Degoey a muppet and Sheridan on the outer hurting, Krakour getting suspended also but he was due to be dropped. Can't field a full team but this is the path I have chosen.

Still think the next generation is travelling well,
McKay, Francis, Balic, Guthrie, Howe and others all showing positive signs in reserves.

Sheridan you'll have back next week I'd imagine.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back