Keeper Lg. BigFooty Dynasty (Ultimate Footy)

Remove this Banner Ad

I prefer that we use the FA mechanism we have and don't worry about a Mid Season Draft.

I hear you. Could be interesting if the mechanism worked. I think the biggest issue would be the length of time and the availability of all the managers. But it could, in theory, be done offline if everyone was on the same page. Teams could delist whomever, be assigned picks, etc.. etc.. The problem would be getting everyone together.

My team's been smashed by injury and unavailability and I don't think we need to have a draft.

We get our FA picks to help improve the list or cover injury as the year rolls on. That's more than enough, especially when teams can also trade through the year.

Very happy to pick up Snelling. I remember wanting him as a junior and is a ball magnet. Myers is done and dusted for the cogs, never reached his potential.

Snelling sounds like he will get a red-hot chance at the Bombers. I liked him at Port, could be a solid player.

Good get. Wouldn’t be surprised if he plays straight after the byes. Huge disposal and tackle numbers over the last month in the SANFL. I would’ve had a crack but I went too hard on FAs early

Happy with Dunkley for both Melb and myself. Looks like he has nice longterm upside, I really like the pick for the Dees and it's been rare when I haven't questioned our recruiting team's pick the last 2 years. Had a really tough time choosing between he, Snelling and Deluca and had the decision made for me by falling asleep without making a choice. Kinda surprised he was still there but glad one of them was.

Soldo playing already hurt my chances to lose. Walsh, Sheed and Fiorini all playing this round also was going to make it difficult for you. Petreski-Seton sealed the deal lol

Big win over Deft Touch on the weekend. Came down to the last 5 minutes of play yesterday, with Gawn and Spargo both getting FF. But Rockford having yet to lose is a little resounding.

Big win over Deft Touch on the weekend. Came down to the last 5 minutes of play yesterday, with Gawn and Spargo both getting FF. But Rockford having yet to lose is a little resounding.

The last time I went undefeated in the H&A part of our season, flaps knocked me out in the Prelim before winning the Flag. Something to look forward to again flaps? ;)

Decided to revisit mine & Jordie_tackles mega trade to see how its tracking

Geelong West Sparrows trade: Picks 7, 11 , 12, 14, 25 and drews future 3rd
Olma FC trade: Jack Riewoldt, Rory Sloane, Jack Viney, Ben Cunnington and Jarryn Gearry

7: Max King
11: Ben King
12: Hately
14: On traded to azza77 (RCD) With Jack Steele for Pick 4 (Rozee) + Future 2nd + 42 (Tom Sparrow)
25: Rowbottom

So essentially it's ended up Max King, Ben King, Hately, Rozee, Rowbottom, Sparrow + Drews 3rd + azzas 2nd

for Riewoldt, Sloane, Viney, Cunnington, Geary, Steele

Early days I'm happy with it, all my guys have made a debut bar Max King who looks very good in the 2s atm!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Decided to revisit mine & Jordie_tackles mega trade to see how its tracking

Geelong West Sparrows trade: Picks 7, 11 , 12, 14, 25 and drews future 3rd
Olma FC trade: Jack Riewoldt, Rory Sloane, Jack Viney, Ben Cunnington and Jarryn Gearry

7: Max King
11: Ben King
12: Hately
14: On traded to azza77 (RCD) With Jack Steele for Pick 4 (Rozee) + Future 2nd + 42 (Tom Sparrow)
25: Rowbottom

So essentially it's ended up Max King, Ben King, Hately, Rozee, Rowbottom, Sparrow + Drews 3rd + azzas 2nd

for Riewoldt, Sloane, Viney, Cunnington, Geary, Steele

Early days I'm happy with it, all my guys have made a debut bar Max King who looks very good in the 2s atm!
Yeah I think you are set up well, Riewoldt May struggle in a forward line with Lynch and Geary is injured, the three midfielder who obviously give me some depth and firepower.

Hey so question, and sorry for still not quite understanding. We currently can't trade a player for a sole pick and go one down on our main list can we?

Also, I'll float a few players:
- Still can't interest anyone in Chris Mayne? Is scoring well in a high possession Pies team and racking up the marks. His age profile means little to me. Would be a good starter or very good depth for most teams near the top. He may also be a very sneaky chance to get B eligibility at some stage.
- Stef Martin, please someone take him off my hands:drunk:
- I also have Phil Davis and Sam Reid racking up the marks and kicks in a high possession GWS backline. Obviously they're not attractive options and I've floated them before with no sucess, but theyre going a lot better this year than most expected, so I'm happy to part with them for picks.
- The big one is Orazio Fantasia. I have a glut of small forwards, probably too may for the category system. I am putting him on the table.
- Matera another small forward who is going well also this year and is most certainly on the table for scraps.

I am also looking to get myself another first rounder, preferably middle to late if that helps with deals. I should be a little more active of late, so feel free to slide into my DMs.

Last edited:
Also, I am sure the league admins have this under control wiht their own system, but I whipped up an automated spreadsheet that helps track draft picks based on ladder position and who holds them for my own use. See picture below.
As you can see, it uses a 3 character code plus the round of the pick to generate the number. Are you guys able to provide me with an updated list of who holds what picks?

Once this has been updated, it spits out this:

As I said, everything is all automated. All I have to do is type in the 3 character code and round in the appropriate spot and it updates everything else. Let me know if this is of use to you and I can upload it as a shared resource.

Apologies tenderwarrior if you had provided an updated list of picks elsewhere?

azza77 to answer your first question, the only reason you need the number of players in a trade to match is for it to process in ultimate footy. If you are trading Fantasia for picks you basically recieve (as agreed) a player the other person doesn’t want. And then delist them at a later date.

Also, I am sure the league admins have this under control wiht their own system, but I whipped up an automated spreadsheet that helps track draft picks based on ladder position and who holds them for my own use. See picture below.
View attachment 696204
As you can see, it uses a 3 character code plus the round of the pick to generate the number. Are you guys able to provide me with an updated list of who holds what picks?

Once this has been updated, it spits out this:
View attachment 696205

As I said, everything is all automated. All I have to do is type in the 3 character code and round in the appropriate spot and it updates everything else. Let me know if this is of use to you and I can upload it as a shared resource.

Apologies tenderwarrior if you had provided an updated list of picks elsewhere?
There is a spreadsheet with picks on it in another thread, but I have a sneaking suspicion I haven't updated it all year... sorry

If people wanted to post their picks in here, I'd be more than happy to update that. Trying to trade with people and going back and forth on the availability of picks is a little annoying. Not a deal breaker #firstworldproblems, but something like this would make it easier for everyone?

If people wanted to post their picks in here, I'd be more than happy to update that. Trying to trade with people and going back and forth on the availability of picks is a little annoying. Not a deal breaker #firstworldproblems, but something like this would make it easier for everyone?
To be fair I don't think it's confusing currently. I think the main problem with the current system is just that TW hasn't updated the pick tracker this season (Assuming it's just a time issue) and it's gotten to the point where people genuinely dont know who has what pick. So if you were to want to discuss with TW who's responsible for keeping the picks up to date by all means I don't think any of us mind who does it. It needs to be on page 1 of the pick tracker thread regardless right...? Or am I misunderstanding what's going on?

To be fair I don't think it's confusing currently. I think the main problem with the current system is just that TW hasn't updated the pick tracker this season (Assuming it's just a time issue) and it's gotten to the point where people genuinely dont know who has what pick. So if you were to want to discuss with TW who's responsible for keeping the picks up to date by all means I don't think any of us mind who does it. It needs to be on page 1 of the pick tracker thread regardless right...? Or am I misunderstanding what's going on?

I am unsure on a lot of those questions being new to the league. The main thing being I just didn't want to step on anyone's toes. You already have the main guys managing things how they want to, which is absolutely no dramas.

This was just a resource I made myself. The good thing about it is:
1. The pick numbers are reflected based on ladder finishes, and I have tables set up for this years picks and the next. So it gives users a better idea of projected pick numbers for current and future picks.
2. Changing of picks is easy, just change the 3 characters and the round of the pick. From there is takes the ladder number and calculates a pick and updates everything else.

As I said, more than happy to update mine and then reflect changes onto another post or resource somewhere, completely up to you guys! :)

Yeah there was a couple late trades I was involved in that I completely forgot about until trawling back looking for the mega trade post the other day. Completely forgot I have Azz and LWP's 2nd rounders. It was never updated on spreadsheet or page 1 of List management thread

Matty Kreuzer still on the table, playing some good footy. Bit of help for a team pushing for finals

Remove this Banner Ad

Back