Keeper Lg. BigFooty Dynasty (Ultimate Footy)

azza77

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 21, 2012
Perth
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Minnesota Vikings, Manchester Utd
Matty Kreuzer still on the table, playing some good footy. Bit of help for a team pushing for finals

Trading older established players is so hard! I can't get a single offer in for Mayne or Davis who are both in the top 100 of players playing for average stats across the year:D

Get performing players while you still can guys, and help us bottom feeders out haha.

Haychh

Premiership Player
Jun 26, 2017
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Green Bay Packers
Trading older established players is so hard! I can't get a single offer in for Mayne or Davis who are both in the top 100 of players playing for average stats across the year:D

Get performing players while you still can guys, and help us bottom feeders out haha.

Exactly! Thought Kreuzer might hold some value. Has Geelong R23 could easily help win a GF with 40 hit outs against Rhys Stanley who Scott Lycett ate alive on the weekend!

Kreuzer coming off a 46 HO game before the bye. In ripping form!

flaps

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 8, 2009
Ballarat via Melbourne via Hobart via Albury
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Albury Bandits, Orlando Magic
Also, I am sure the league admins have this under control wiht their own system, but I whipped up an automated spreadsheet that helps track draft picks based on ladder position and who holds them for my own use. See picture below.
View attachment 696204
As you can see, it uses a 3 character code plus the round of the pick to generate the number. Are you guys able to provide me with an updated list of who holds what picks?

Once this has been updated, it spits out this:
View attachment 696205

As I said, everything is all automated. All I have to do is type in the 3 character code and round in the appropriate spot and it updates everything else. Let me know if this is of use to you and I can upload it as a shared resource.

Apologies tenderwarrior if you had provided an updated list of picks elsewhere?
Also just on that, tenderwarrior and I did a trade back on December 17, 2018 where I received his 3rd rounder for the 2019 draft.

Post here: https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/2019-list-management-thread.1207699/page-4#post-59126907

Rockford

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 22, 2006
Halls Head
AFL Club
Geelong
Pretty sure you're on track for the perfect season.

So far so good, but a lot can happen. You were a combination of 2 marks, 2 handballs or 2 hit outs away from a 5-4 win last week.

Nankervis is 2-3 weeks away apparently. Him getting back to full fitness is probably the thing my season is hinging on at the moment.

An open letter to the coaches of the BigFooty Ultimate Dynasty League.

Today, sadly, I walk away from the game.

It's blunt but it's the right thing to do.

I've had an amazing time from day 1 in this competition. From the initial draft (Gary Ablett pick #1, ALL OF THE RUCKMEN!) where I struggled with my phone's wifi, to burning my list, to running the off season list threads, to pushing hard for a rebuild the last few years. It's all been amazing.

Unfortunately though life gets in the way.

I've taken on a bigger role at work and my kids are growing up. Time is becoming more and more precious and keeping up with the trends and planning that a game like this demands year on year just isn't a priority anymore. The team, the game and you guys all deserve better than that.

I want to thank Rockford for being not just a great coach but also a support system at times over the years. I know we both had some rough patches and the late night trade talk helped distract us from things. If im being honest you fleeced me more than once so i'll gladly take a smidge of credit for that flag buddy hehe

Thanks to tenderwarrior also for taking over the offseason work. It's a mountain of a task to keep track of and with future picks now involved he must lose his mind some days haha

Thanks to the coaches, past and present, who have contributed over the years. It was a rough start (2 rucks on the field, what were we thinking?) but we got there eventually.

And of course, thanks to Unknown Caller. I dont know how many of us thought the league would even last this long, let alone have a line of people wanting to take over lists in situations just like this but it's in a really healthy spot and it's a credit to you for managing things the way you have.

So to sum up; I'll be sticking around until the end of the season. Ill set my team and try to win what I can, but this will be the last hoorah for Team LWP.

Goodnight Springton, there will be no encore

Lee

Sep 11, 2011
Anywhere else
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Miami Heat & Dolphins

I've had an amazing time from day 1 in this competition. From the initial draft (Gary Ablett pick #1, ALL OF THE RUCKMEN!) where I struggled with my phone's wifi, to burning my list, to running the off season list threads, to pushing hard for a rebuild the last few years. It's all been amazing.

I've taken on a bigger role at work and my kids are growing up. Time is becoming more and more precious and keeping up with the trends and planning that a game like this demands year on year just isn't a priority anymore. The team, the game and you guys all deserve better than that.

I want to thank Rockford for being not just a great coach but also a support system at times over the years. I know we both had some rough patches and the late night trade talk helped distract us from things. If im being honest you fleeced me more than once so i'll gladly take a smidge of credit for that flag buddy hehe

Thanks to tenderwarrior also for taking over the offseason work. It's a mountain of a task to keep track of and with future picks now involved he must lose his mind some days haha

Thanks to the coaches, past and present, who have contributed over the years. It was a rough start (2 rucks on the field, what were we thinking?) but we got there eventually.

And of course, thanks to Unknown Caller. I dont know how many of us thought the league would even last this long, let alone have a line of people wanting to take over lists in situations just like this but it's in a really healthy spot and it's a credit to you for managing things the way you have.

So to sum up; I'll be sticking around until the end of the season. Ill set my team and try to win what I can, but this will be the last hoorah for Team LWP.

Lee
Sorry to hear that buddy. Been a pleasure to play with you and trade with you. Good luck with life my friend!

Jordie_tackles

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 25, 2009
G-town
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
MCFC, COBC, GWFC, TFC
Hey Lee,

Thanks for all your support and contribution since I joined the league, yiu are exactly the sort of coach that leagues need, always involved and active. Things change and I can only begin to imagine, works always getting busier and having a 15 month at home, lots happens in the space of 4 or 5 years for me.

Anyway I hope you will still pop in with some banter and observations, I’m sure you can analyse a trade or draft pick when the time comes, would be a shame to lose you altogether.

Jordie

Rockford

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 22, 2006
Halls Head
AFL Club
Geelong

Lee

Lee, I hope we can change your mind by the end of the season. If not, I hope you keep popping into to the thread and keep in touch.

And, ditto. Thanks for being there. I can’t really fathom you leaving the league, I hope you change your mind.

Thanks guys. I really appreciate the support and feedback.

It's not an easy call. I started the season determined to make the finals and I still think the list is in a good spot to do just that with a solid draft haul and some injury luck.

My kids are all hitting that 8-12 age range where I'm getting less time with them. They have friends and parties and camps etc so those few hours I get at home each night and on the weekends are that bit more important.

If a suitable replacement can't be found then I'm happy to stay on. I just don't feel I would be giving you guys the attention this kind of game needs.

Tracking players, chasing stats, managing trades etc. My off season would be very quiet.

So throw the feelers out and see what happens. I just want to give someone who really wants to deep dive into this stuff the opportunity to do so.

Cheers
Lee

Haychh

Premiership Player
Jun 26, 2017
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Green Bay Packers
Trade Deadline is next weekend yeah?

Final call for anyone interested in Kreuzer for the run home! Could look at moving on Libba too.

tenderwarrior

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 26, 2003
Launceston
AFL Club
Geelong

Hey mate, that is sad news. I haven't been as engaged with it this year as I would have liked, and though I still enjoy the game I haven't had as much space for it as I did in the first few seasons - and that is okay! I agree with Rockford in that I hope you change your mind, and so what if you don't have the same amount of time - if you enjoy the time you do spend here, than stick around - no pressure to do anything more than set your side each week and take your draft picks in a timely manner, as this is your league as much as anybody's :)

But, if you feel that it is hard to do the 'minimum', than do what you need to do - but just think how cool it will be in a few years to 'hand-over' the reigns of your side to one of your kids, giving us the first dynasty within the dynasty league!

Haychh

Premiership Player
Jun 26, 2017
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Green Bay Packers

Haychh

Premiership Player
Jun 26, 2017
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Green Bay Packers
Nicely done Richcogs. Shipley still might surprise, but seems well in Richcogs favor at this stage. Good to see some trade action before the deadline at least!
Kreuzer wasn’t much good to me, he’ll be long gone before I’m competitive. Might as well take a flyer on one of the plethora of young GWS mids and hope he comes good

Back