Competitions Bigfooty Eagles AFL Fantasy and Supercoach Question Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

The AFL Fantasy league has also been regenerated for season 2022, open to all Bigfooty Eagles posters

MRJAZJ7Z

2023 Fantasy League is up and running, spots are filling up fast so first come first served

If there is sufficient people I will start a second league

Biggie or one of the Supercoach players want to start a league over there, I will post the league code in the OP here as well

Last edited:
Fantasy/Supercoach players to watch in season 2023 from the Eagles

The players who missed most of 2022
Elliot Yeo (D/M) - At his best can churn out 100's playing through the midfield with a strong tackling game. Has been training well in pre-season but watch to see if he goes down back or returns to the midfield. Either way is under priced for what he can score
Dom Sheed (M) - Had a horrible year with injury, can average an 80-90+ when fit so is underpriced currently. Tracking well in pre-season
Tom Cole (D) - Best 22 and premiership player, will be cheap due to missing all of 2022 but limited upside to his scoring so cash generation will only get you so far. Still has a few niggles this pre-season.
Oscar Allen (F) - The heir apparent to Josh Kennedy. Has been flying in pre-season and ready to step up to the plate. A little under priced but like Cole his cash generation is limited.

The kids
Campbell Chesser (D/M) - Was set to play round 1 in 2022 before his horror ankle injury. Highly rated by the club and should get games in 2023 pushing for a round 1 debut.
Jai Culley (M) - Impressed with his strong tackling game when given his chance after the mid-season draft. Has been burning up the track this pre-season and looks set to step his game up in 2023
Reuben Ginbey (D/M) - Work ethic and athleticism has turned heads at the club and he's impressed people. Tracking well for an early season debut at this stage with his versatility (more likely in the back line than midfield to begin with)
Elijah Hewett (M) - The most plug-and-play pick from last years draft. Oozes class on the footy field and should be pushing for an early season debut also, although more likely on a forward flank
Brady Hough (D/M) - A bit too awakwardly priced, but is a solid propsect albeit with a low scoring increase upside this year.
Cody Burgield (M/F) - May get a late season game but don't expect to see much of him in 2023 unless there's injuries
Harry Barnett (R) - See above
Noah Long (M/F) See above

Other players to watch
Jayden Hunt (D) - Eagles want to utilise his speed from a wing in, scope to make some money given his price
Alex Witherden (D) - Knows how to score when he plays, but his lack of defensive accountability and turnovers don't have him as a lock for best 22. Playing for his career
Sam Petrevski-Seton - Had a knee injury last year which affected his performance. Has been training with the forwards and might be first choice to fill the Rioli role in the team. Like Witherden playing for his career.
Greg Clark - For some reason they've slimmed him down and have him touted for a wing role this season. Dominant at WAFL level, can he step up at AFL level?
Andrew Gaff - Noticably slimmed down so hopefully they are transitioning him back to a wing and out of the centre square where he's been playing the last few years. One to watch in pre-season to see if he's back and over his niggling injuries from 2022

Last edited:
@Biggie or one of the Supercoach players want to start a league over there, I will post the league code in the OP here as well
Can do - I can't recall who the poster is here but they generally start one also.

Cheers buddy

Feel we'll have very few good value picks in our side this year. That's just the nature of an ageing side, our good players are slowing down and our young guys aren't given games/responsibilities.

The obvious ones:
Rioli - $225,300 - Might not score premium, but a good filler in the meantime who will play most games. Expecting a $200k profit fairly quickly and an easy upgrade to a premium
Clark - $117,300 - Ready made player and at that price will be a very easy profit.

The gambles:
OAllen - $346,300 - If as rumoured he's no longer backing up in the ruck and will take more responsibilities in the forward line, he could be a keeper. Averaged 63 in 2021 despite a pretty poor 2nd half to the year, so to increase that to 90+ average doesn't seem too unrealistic.
Yeo - $470,800 - If he gets back to his best, he's a premium mid and at his current price is a bargain. That said, the biggest trap in SC is a big name at a mid price. He HAS TO become a premium, because there's no profit margin there otherwise. If he stagnates or only slightly improves (say to $550k) you'll be either wasting a trade to upgrade him or stuck with an underperforming mid ($550k would place him outside the top 25 mids!).
TKelly - $464,700 - Just like Yeo, a real chance to get back to being a premium mid. Hasn't replicated his Geelong form at the Eagles though, so a risk that he may just never get there.

The avoids:
Duggan - $411,300 - I've fallen for this trap before. He's not becoming a mid.
B.Williams - $218,600 - He's not a high scorer and I doubt he'll get many games. At that price I think you'll find much better value in other clubs back up rucks.
Any WC mid not already mentioned - They're either old, injury prone or unproven (unproven players have to be played out of position. It's a rule at the Eagles).

Feel we'll have very few good value picks in our side this year. That's just the nature of an ageing side, our good players are slowing down and our young guys aren't given games/responsibilities.

The obvious ones:
Rioli - $225,300 - Might not score premium, but a good filler in the meantime who will play most games. Expecting a $200k profit fairly quickly and an easy upgrade to a premium
Clark - $117,300 - Ready made player and at that price will be a very easy profit.

The gambles:
OAllen - $346,300 - If as rumoured he's no longer backing up in the ruck and will take more responsibilities in the forward line, he could be a keeper. Averaged 63 in 2021 despite a pretty poor 2nd half to the year, so to increase that to 90+ average doesn't seem too unrealistic.
Yeo - $470,800 - If he gets back to his best, he's a premium mid and at his current price is a bargain. That said, the biggest trap in SC is a big name at a mid price. He HAS TO become a premium, because there's no profit margin there otherwise. If he stagnates or only slightly improves (say to $550k) you'll be either wasting a trade to upgrade him or stuck with an underperforming mid ($550k would place him outside the top 25 mids!).
TKelly - $464,700 - Just like Yeo, a real chance to get back to being a premium mid. Hasn't replicated his Geelong form at the Eagles though, so a risk that he may just never get there.

The avoids:
Duggan - $411,300 - I've fallen for this trap before. He's not becoming a mid.
B.Williams - $218,600 - He's not a high scorer and I doubt he'll get many games. At that price I think you'll find much better value in other clubs back up rucks.
Any WC mid not already mentioned - They're either old, injury prone or unproven (unproven players have to be played out of position. It's a rule at the Eagles).
When does Supercoach officially open?

Gaff potentially 10 points underpriced in Fantasy

7KT9TCNJ

4 more spots left in the Fantasy Bigfooty league

First in best dressed or cut off mid day Wednesday whatever happens first

If there is demand will start a second league
Is it full? Cant see it

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've got Tomilison in a draft comp and he got 35, can't decided to trade or hold. Salem injury probably means he gets more games.

Otherwise trade options are;
Crozier, very very tempted but he was a late in. I'm worried he's not best 22 on the regular with dogs, otherwise I'd take him in a flash.
Foley, only played 8 games but looks so composed and got 100 and 69 in the final practice match.
J.McGovern, form wise has been average but played better yesterday for 81 and will play each week.
Nelson, not that confident on him to score well.

Thoughts anyone?

Apologies for the intrusion and thought this might be the best place to ask this question...

Do you see Hugh Dixon keeping his spot in the side when Oscar Allen returns? I'm just weighing up whether he's worth bringing in now when Allen is only a week or 2 away...

Apologies for the intrusion and thought this might be the best place to ask this question...

Do you see Hugh Dixon keeping his spot in the side when Oscar Allen returns? I'm just weighing up whether he's worth bringing in now when Allen is only a week or 2 away...

At times we weren't opposed to playing all 3 talls of JK, Darling and Allen with a resting ruck as well. Even though it left us way too tall.

So it might come down to Bailey Williams Vs Dixon for that ruck position.

I don’t think he’s worth it now. Needed him before his price jacked tbh

Any interest in a draft league??

I did it a few years ago, only ended up with 4 takers

But I'd there's interest we can try it again

Biggie can we get a Supercoach league started as well please

Anyone got any DT or SC spots that need filling.
Finally got my teams together and looking for comps to join.
More your in the more chance of getting to the end of one at least.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back