BigFooty Fantasy Tennis League

Remove this Banner Ad

Broar

Club Legend
Mar 25, 2014
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
The only good thing is that it's pretty much all the big guns gone.

In terms of high ownership players still left its:

Murray: 17%
Verdasco: 8%
Pouille: 9%
Mladenovic: 5%
Djokovic: 25%
Fognini: 5%
Nadal: 22%
Kyrgios: 12%

I'd say Djokovic, Murray, Nadal & Kygios's ownership is inflated, they'd be in a number of dead teams who haven't bothered to even check there teams after week 1.

May 4, 2009
Tasmania
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Furth
The only good thing is that it's pretty much all the big guns gone.

In terms of high ownership players still left its:

Murray: 17%
Verdasco: 8%
Pouille: 9%
Mladenovic: 5%
Djokovic: 25%
Fognini: 5%
Nadal: 22%
Kyrgios: 12%

I'd say Djokovic, Murray, Nadal & Kygios's ownership is inflated, they'd be in a number of dead teams who haven't bothered to even check there teams after week 1.
yeah i agree. basically, none of the "big 4" played since the Aus Open. so what you were meant to do is trade them out and then get in a bunch of "investments" and then trade the big four back in again.

Last edited:

Broar

Club Legend
Mar 25, 2014
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
What a day of carnage!

Out goes Serena! The stacked bottom quarter means I'm not going with Nadal anymore either.

New plans in come Kerber, Wozniacki & Dimitrov.

Risky but it should set me up well for the all female round in GW 9.

Broar

Club Legend
Mar 25, 2014
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Weeks 9-12 will be reeeeeeal tricky.
Yep priority will be to at least have 4 strong players each week to pick up those bonus captain points.

I should be fine getting close to a full squad for Gw 9. (Depending on what I do)

GW 10 is looking real tough - not sure what we can do here.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

May 4, 2009
Tasmania
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Furth
i have done something i should have done ages ago. i traded out Andy Murray for Nadal. the extra 7mil in my kitty will now fund another half decent ATP player. i only have 3 ATP players in my squad atm. Nadal, Edmund and Zeballos. that is a bit of a worry with the upcoming Fed Cup break.

i have also started to get some clay court players for the upcoming season. Nadal was one but i also got in 2 cheapies in Kiki Bertens and Begu. both had outstanding clay seasons last year and poor starts to this year.

FFC4ME

Senior List
Dec 21, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
I'm enjoying this game, actually - whilst the scoring isn't exactly the most transparent thing to work out in the world, the logistics of trying to ensure you've got at least 8 players every game week is highly addictive!

I must confess that I have burnt a lot of trades in these early weeks, but it has managed to get me into the top 250 and I have hopefully hit upon a more stable lineup for the clay season which won't require as much shuffling.

My team value is now sitting at just over $120m, which I am pleased to report I've managed to do totally without Federer! I caught Safarova's return to form early, saw that Wozniacki had improved over the Middle East swing with little to defend for a while, and elected to go with Carreno Busta as my Golden Swing lynchpin (never dreaming that he'd also reach the Indian Wells SF!).

Wolfs

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 10, 2016
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Memphis Grizzlies, Hertha Berlin
I really have to question why I have Simon.

It sucks that I had Darian King from Brisbane onwards but always kept him on the bench. Might trade Simon for Young and then watch Simon beast. :|

EFL Boy

Spec Moderator
May 17, 2008
Minneapolis
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Panthers, NYR, Bulls, Badgers
Sharapova enters the game at 10.99mil, not going anywhere near that.

Some good prices around on good clay-courters at the moment. God I love this game but find myself burning through trades, however the depth is coming.

EFL Boy

Spec Moderator
May 17, 2008
Minneapolis
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Panthers, NYR, Bulls, Badgers
Finding 1 good, consistent female clay-courter is hard enough, let alone 3-4...

May 4, 2009
Tasmania
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Furth
Shelby Rogers, Stosur, Begu, Bertens, Siegemund have all had good years last year and have shown form this year. after Fed Cup, i will have to trade some more of them in.

cant think of one for the mens side. at this stage i have only 3 players playing next week and probably the same next. time to trade

Remove this Banner Ad

Back