Feedback BigFooty Forum Upgrade - Read OP first, then post issues and feedback in here please.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gotcha. That part? Do you have a fix in the works for that specific issue or it will be part of a broader fix update? Cheers.
Nothing yet. Still working on the core system with some tinkering with styling.

I don't know when it will be back or in what form.

Nothing yet. Still working on the core system with some tinkering with styling.

I don't know when it will be back or in what form.

Oh, so it might never come back on mobiles? Thanks, I realise this is probably the least of your problems considering how stressful the change over has been for you. FTR, I like the look of the new site and it has modernised it, and people will be happier in the long run imo, it sounds like you are doing this all on your own though, a forum of this size I would have thought you would Need a lot more than 1 person doing it all. Appreciate the forum and the hard work you're doing regardless.

Oh, so it might never come back on mobiles? Thanks, I realise this is probably the least of your problems considering how stressful the change over has been for you. FTR, I like the look of the new site and it has modernised it, and people will be happier in the long run imo, it sounds like you are doing this all on your own though, a forum of this size I would have thought you would Need a lot more than 1 person doing it all. Appreciate the forum and the hard work you're doing regardless.
No, it will come back. But I don't know when.

Working on this are TechFerret , with a cameo by jim boy, and me.

Anyone else finding the dark mode makes it hard to tell what’s unread and what’s read?
That's probably the best thing about the font change in the last day or so imo - the "bigger" font has made it easier to distinguish the bolded unread threads against the normal font of read threads

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No, it will come back. But I don't know when.

Working on this are TechFerret , with a cameo by jim boy, and me.

Well I appreciate all the work being done. It's easy to sit back and criticise, a lot harder to do something about it. And to have only 3 people working on the forum upgrade with a user base of over 100,000 people, 57 million posts and over a million threads is insane.

iPad/Safari

Still having trouble with the font size within threads.

Bit more problematic with the larger, heavier thread titles — comparison of the sizes and darkness make it hard.

Something else with all the darkness is the black tags, borders, etc.. it really makes difficult and unpleasant viewing.

F3B8321A-3065-4CBD-B1B3-BED23FECDAE6.png

Yep. This is what I meant when I was talking about the funny mix of white and grey text. It’s less finessed than the normal bright theme.
I think someone tweaked it; the post content seems brighter. It's pretty close to being good! Here's what it would look like with two more changes:
(1) Border colors #444
(2) "filter: saturate(0.7) brightness (0.8)" on everything except post content

This prevents even very bright signatures from being overwhelming.

Screenshot from 2019-01-08 13-14-30.png

I think someone tweaked it; the post content seems brighter. It's pretty close to being good! Here's what it would look like with two more changes:
(1) Border colors #444

View attachment 602510
The profile pics colours Look pretty muted and bland to me.

(1) Border colors #444

View attachment 602510
The profile pics colours Look pretty muted and bland to me.
That looks pretty good, love the border colours and the quotes/signatures/post buttons being dulled down. I agree with mick with regard to the avatars and badges though. I changed my avatar the other day so that it looks decent on a dark background and killing the sat and brightness just ruins it :p

Chief can we look at changes like the above?

Little dot with 'view newest posts' on a thread link seems to have disappeared.
That's intentional. Clicking the thread title of an unread thread will do the same thing that that dot did.

If the thread has no new posts in it, clicking the thread title instead takes you to the OP

Apologies if already reported.

Tapatalk on Android.

Going to team thread, every single stickie and announcement, from every forum, appears first. I'm not sure if this has something to do with being a mod, but I have to scroll through 50 stickies to get to the Hawk board.

Doesn't happen on Chrome desktop/laptop, even when logged in as a mod

Apologies if already reported.

Tapatalk on Android.

Going to team thread, every single stickie and announcement, from every forum, appears first. I'm not sure if this has something to do with being a mod, but I have to scroll through 50 stickies to get to the Hawk board.

Doesn't happen on Chrome desktop/laptop, even when logged in as a mod
It's not because you're a mod. I reported it about 17 pages ago, and it's been reported again (with screenshots) since then.

I'm sure you have probably heard of Whirlpool forums Chief and One other small suggestion/request is, never turn into them. Lol. They are widely known as MODNAZIS on the wider internet, where here the moderators are actually quite friendly and get involved in the banter. I like the subforums you have created here, and hope 1 day big footy will overtake them as the leading forum site in Australia. Best of luck with the upgrades again (for the final time lol.)

How do you currently navigate back say a third of the way in a mega thread other than doing so 1 page at a time using the "next" or "previous" buttons? There used to be a tool that let you jump 5 or so pages forwards or back..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back