News BigFooty Games podcast?

Remove this Banner Ad

Frankly it's bullshit.

The fact you are doing it under the Bigfooty banner makes it redundant.

The fact that the sites owner hasn't even given us the option to do this ourselves is shithouse. We are a close bunch here who all play together so the option to do it ourselves first would have been nice.

I certainly won't be listening.

What the heck are you quoting?

Ah, well, actually, Chief kind of already indicated that he would be happy to have two podcasts.

I mean, this whole thing basically seems like a way to get 8BTTF as a Bigfooty podcast, but let's not make up stuff.

Two podcasts for a smallish board is so incredibly pointless and stupid. I can count on one hand the amount of people who would listen to both.

We have a very specific format for our podcast that we won't deviate from.

If people on this board want to create a podcast with each episode featuring different prominent posters sharing their thoughts about gaming, that sounds pretty different to what we do.

We will have the same three hosts each week following the same format, with some listener mail thrown in as well.

I don't see the clash. If anything, I think there would be an opportunity to support each other so I hope you guys do go ahead with it.

All the best to you and I hope your podcast grows but it's just not something the majority really want. I'll give your podcast a listen but I don't think I'll be a continuous listener. I think what we don't understand is why exactly it's under the BigFooty name when it's not done by BigFooty people, I asked before but didn't get an answer; did Chief ask you to put it under the BigFooty banner?

If you guys don't like our content, fair enough, you are of course entitled to your opinions.

Keep in mind that this doesn't invalidate anyone else from podcasting under the Bigfooty banner from this board.

If there is another group that wants to put a podcast together as well, that would be great.

The vitriol here is confusing.

I don't really understand what our hosts past post count on this board has to do with the quality of the podcast.

We will be more active in future and we hope you give us a chance.

The implied idea was that Chief was seeking interest in starting a Bigfooty Gaming Podcast using members of this board.

There were people like pantskyle who said that he would like to be involved.

There were people like Cory & HBK619 who tried to set one up previously and through bad circumstances had it fall through.

Then we have your mate come in who hasn't posted on this board in forever just to pimp out his exterior product. Which then gets given the official branding in some negotiations away from this board and sprung on us now along with yourself.

It's apparent that neither of you are a part of the community of this board, you're just here to gain publicity for your podcast. I don't blame you, I mean getting affiliated by one of Australia's biggest forums is a big deal. But it's the way you went about it. You essentially blindsided the existing community and then instantly expect our respect?

The vitriol is from being asked to be included in a process and completely ignored in the aftermath.

I listened to one of your previous podcasts and I wish you the best, but I won't be listening out of principle and in support of the people from this small community who wanted to create something themselves.

Ah, well, actually, Chief kind of already indicated that he would be happy to have two podcasts.

I mean, this whole thing basically seems like a way to get 8BTTF as a Bigfooty podcast, but let's not make up stuff.

Yep, our podcast is not meant to speak for this board at all.

If the regular posters of this board want a podcast like that, it would of course make sense for them to do it.

We will be continuing to do our thing, just under the Bigfooty name.

Yep, our podcast is not meant to speak for this board at all.

If the regular posters of this board want a podcast like that, it would of course make sense for them to do it.

We will be continuing to do our thing, just under the Bigfooty name.

And that is our issue.

You keep dodging my question, I'm not having a go I just am genuinely curious.

I had a listen to the first 5 minutes of your latest podcast and had to stop listening. Firstly the girl said Mario Kart 64 was the first Mario Kart game and was "so excited" for Mario Kart 8 but didn't even know that's what it was called, then the random guy in the background said that Call of Duty has excellent story lines. That's me done.

The implied idea was that Chief was seeking interest in starting a Bigfooty Gaming Podcast using members of this board.

There were people like pantskyle who said that he would like to be involved.

There were people like Cory & HBK619 who tried to set one up previously and through bad circumstances had it fall through.

Then we have your mate come in who hasn't posted on this board in forever just to pimp out his exterior product. Which then gets given the official branding in some negotiations away from this board and sprung on us now along with yourself.

It's apparent that neither of you are a part of the community of this board, you're just here to gain publicity for your podcast. I don't blame you, I mean getting affiliated by one of Australia's biggest forums is a big deal. But it's the way you went about it. You essentially blindsided the existing community and then instantly expect our respect?

The vitriol is from being asked to be included in a process and completely ignored in the aftermath.

I listened to one of your previous podcasts and I wish you the best, but I won't be listening out of principle and in support of the people from this small community who wanted to create something themselves.

Not trying to blindside anybody. All of our hosts are regular visitors to the Bigfooty website, including the video game board where we obviously noticed this thread.

Yes, we were interested in working with Bigfooty but we didn't post just to "pimp our product"

Chief indicated that he was interested in podcasts and that people should submit examples of their work.

We did so, and to date, no one but 8bit has submitted anything for consideration.

There was no suggestion that we had to be the most liked poster or the person with the highest post count, nor were we aware that we were signing up to represent this community.

By asking people to "post examples of their work", we assumed Chief was after people with podcasting experience. Our hat was thrown into the ring as it seemed like we had content that would be relevant to this audience.

We don't instantly expect anyones respect, sincerely I mean that. As I have already stated, I think it would be great for there to be a communal podcast for this board and we would love to support it. We never suggested or signed up for that though.

I had a listen to the first 5 minutes of your latest podcast and had to stop listening. Firstly the girl said Mario Kart 64 was the first Mario Kart game and was "so excited" for Mario Kart 8 but didn't even know that's what it was called, then the random guy in the background said that Call of Duty has excellent story lines. That's me done.

I had to stop listening fairly early in as well.

Not dodging your question, yeah, obviously Chief was interested in getting us on board.

Fair enough PAdman, there are varying opinions from our hosts on our podcasts and you don't have to agree with them or even like our work.

We put a format together that some people find interesting and we have gotten some positive feedback about it but we will keep working to improve our content.

Thanks for giving us a listen though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I had to stop listening fairly early in as well.

You are obviously pretty disappointed about what we have discussed earlier, but if you can put that vitriol aside, we would love to hear your thoughts about our content pantskyle as you are obviously someone who shares the same passion that we do.

We aren't some arrogant super podcast, we are just three passionate gamers who have put some time into creating a podcast. We haven't been doing this for ages, so I'm sure there is plenty to be improved upon, but we think our concept is pretty novel though we understand it is not for everyone.

If there is anything we can do to help you guys get your podcast off the ground in the future, please let us know.

We really don't mean to stand in the way of anything you guys with to do.

Not trying to blindside anybody. All of our hosts are regular visitors to the Bigfooty website, including the video game board where we obviously noticed this thread.

Yes, we were interested in working with Bigfooty but we didn't post just to "pimp our product"

Chief indicated that he was interested in podcasts and that people should submit examples of their work.

We did so, and to date, no one but 8bit has submitted anything for consideration.

There was no suggestion that we had to be the most liked poster or the person with the highest post count, nor were we aware that we were signing up to represent this community.

By asking people to "post examples of their work", we assumed Chief was after people with podcasting experience. Our hat was thrown into the ring as it seemed like we had content that would be relevant to this audience.

We don't instantly expect anyones respect, sincerely I mean that. As I have already stated, I think it would be great for there to be a communal podcast for this board and we would love to support it. We never suggested or signed up for that though.

I never said that you intended to blindside the community, but that was the end result. Whether you like it or not.

You're clearly on this board right now because of your podcast, it's your username, avatar and you joined up the moment you got the go ahead. Don't insult us by pretending you're here otherwise.

There is no suggestion you have to be liked, and judging by the way you are handling yourself right now you won't be.

The idea from the other people was that it was going to be a representation of this board and from the people within it. People on this board have been playing games together for years and some have a great raport with each other.

If you didn't sign for being a part of this community what did you sign up for?

Mooching off of the Bigfooty name to get yourself some listens.

There are ways to go about this and I think you've gone about it all wrong.

Just listened (well as much as a could bare) to the last podcast 8bit did, wouldn't of thought I would listen to them again even under the bigfooty banner. The first bloke I heard was bearable but the other two makes me want to push pens into my ears.

In chiefs defence nobody other than 8bit has put anything forward (as far as I have read) so why would he not give them a go?
Did any regular here throw there hand in the air to have a crack even if they don't have the experience?

Last edited:
I never said that you intended to blindside the community, but that was the end result. Whether you like it or not.

You're clearly on this board right now because of your podcast, it's your username, avatar and you joined up the moment you got the go ahead. Don't insult us by pretending you're here otherwise.

There is no suggestion you have to be liked, and judging by the way you are handling yourself right now you won't be.

The idea from the other people was that it was going to be a representation of this board and from the people within it. People on this board have been playing games together for years and some have a great raport with each other.

If you didn't sign for being a part of this community what did you sign up for?

Mooching off of the Bigfooty name to get yourself some listens.

There are ways to go about this and I think you've gone about it all wrong.

I am on this board now discussing the podcast with you, yes.

We can agree to disagree on how often our hosts read this board. Obviously not going to be able convince you otherwise there, but what I said was true.

Again, the representation of this board on a podcast idea is as viable now as it was before.

We are interested in being a part of this community. You have misquoted me there.

We are not expecting to be the voice of the community.

If we can interact with you guys though, that would be great.

Obviously we are interested in being a part of the community you guys have built. I wouldn't be online right now responding to vitriol if we weren't.

What exactly about my behaviour leads you to decide that I should be disliked?

I have been upfront about the process, discussed how it happened, graciously accepted and responded to barrages of criticism.

You are obviously very critical of that, but would you have preferred silence at this point?

Just trying to be as honest as possible mate.

Just listened (well as much as a could bare) to the last podcast 8bit did, wouldn't of thought I would listen to them again even under the bigfooty banner. The first bloke I heard was bearable but the other two makes me want to push pens into my ears.

In chiefs defence nobody other than 8bit has put anything forward (as far as I have read) so why would he not give them a go?
Did any regular here throw there hand in the air to have a crack even if they don't have the experience?

Thanks for taking the time to listen to us sacka

Pretty strong imagery there!

Just to clarify, was it their opinions you disliked or their personality in general?

We are always looking for ways to improve.

Who on the other boards needed to audition to do a podcast?

I host the Eagles one and several other people from this board do them around the site.

I wasn't under the impression we weren't in a rush to get it started. What barely 2 weeks old this thread is.

We also just had a lengthy Easter break so perhaps we were otherwise occupied.

Fairly underwhelming Chief.

Thought this was a discussion thread about it not a go and get the first option that came around.

I can assure you that this doesn't sit well with some of us.

Thanks for giving us a voice.

This 8bit crew already do a podcast. Why take away our chance to do our own?
You can do your own: get a gang together and have a bash.

You can do your own: get a gang together and have a bash.

Why bother, you've gone and got outsiders to do it, seems pointless to have two.

I'm genuinely interested in Chief's thoughts on the situation here.
pantskyle The Big Sauce, The Speaker and others.

I'm taken aback by the strong responses.

8bit is a podcast that I think has potential and I'm happy to bring them on board and support them through BigFooty. I don't know why this would be met with anything but a friendly welcome.

This isn't a race where the loser is locked out. Everyone who can get a group together should come to me and we can iron out the details.

I specifically said we'd be happy to host more podcasts. I've heard that the last attempt failed but also a couple of people said they'd like to take part. Great - let's go. What have you got? What are your ideas? What do you need help with? Who is in your group? How often would you like to produce episodes? What themes are you thinking about?

Can we all hug it out and start afresh?

Last edited:
pantskyle The Big Sauce and others.

I'm taken aback by the strong responses.

8bit is a podcast that I think has potential and I'm happy to bring them on board and support them through BigFooty. I don't know why this would be met with anything but a friendly welcome.

This isn't a race where the loser is locked out. Everyone who can get a group together should come to me and we can iron out the details.

I specifically said we'd be happy to host more podcasts. I've heard that the last attempt failed but also a couple of people said they'd like to take part. Great - let's go. What have you got? What are your ideas? What do you need help with? Who is in your group? How often would you like to produce episodes? What themes are you thinking about?

Can we all hug it out and start afresh?

I'm not sure you quite get it.

We are a close knit group here and this stinks of you bringing in outsiders and us being force fed it.

As I mentioned earlier in this thread the first guy hadn't posted here in several years, now this new chap reckons he has visited this board. What a crock of s**t.

Frankly it's not unusual for an admin or super to pop in here thinking we are the same as a team board. We are all fairly close and get along and I know why we aren't impressed with this.

I was waiting to finish my holiday before having a chat with a few on here but really all that motivation is gone.

It's your site and your free to push whatever you please, I just won't support it. No one loses.

There's no conspiratorial backroom play to take control of the highly lucrative and influential BigFooty gaming community - of which I count myself a member.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back