Bigfooty General Metal Thread Mk.VI

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Can't wait for it to warm up just a little bit more to crack open the bundy. I hardly drink anymore but bundy is gold and goes down like silk. Have 3 bottles of bundy reserve sitting on the fridge at the moment.
Got about 6 bottles left of Bundy Black from a few years back (5?). Gold.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

......and he takes more Annual Leave than anyone I know. Always on tour.
Haha. Comes with the job. Who's in SA and wants to catch up next week? Or November when I come back for cricket trip?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Baroness have announced an Aussie tour for later this year.

Very excited by this news.
Good band. The purple album I like a lot more than green/yellow.

Too bad it's raining outside, this finish would look great in the sun

image_zps79lggo2v.jpeg

Awesome! Gee that got through quick!!
Looks like its in a coffin....

Fastest thing I've ever had imported! It was handed to DHL Express in the States and customs were prepaid so it flew through shipping and arrived at my work this arvo. The listing from Musicians Friend on eBay was 'used' but at the price on it that didn't matter. They mentioned "small scratches" but when holding it up to the light I can't see them except for maybe the most hairline of marks that you can't avoid when doing a string change. All I can think is that this was a return as a result of finance or change of mind so they couldn't sell it as new. If I wanted this brand new in Australia I'd be looking at about $3200 from my local who gives a decent discount (RRP is closer to $4k), but all I paid in total including shipping, custom duties and currency conversion fee (e.g robbery) was $1850. All in all I made out like a bandit. I've spent more than that on a couple other guitars yet this thing is now the most 'high end' that I own. The only shame is the way ESP changed their branding in recent years. Jap made ESP's used to get the ESP logo on the headstock but they wanted to restrict that to their US made ESP Standard/custom shop gear (which starts at about $5k). Now the Japanese ESPs are stamped E-II. It still says ESP on the 12th fret (where as the cheaper ESP LTDs will say LTD), has an ESP fitted hardcase and of course most importantly "made in Japan" on the back of the headstock.

I have christened it by belting out Metallica - Battery.

As far as Recreation Day goes, it's a great album, definitely chose well there, I think! I'd suggest Monday Morning Apocalypse and their last effort Hymns for the Broken. Both offer something a little different. But then again, no Evergrey record is the same as any other :(

New Evergrey song Trek. Quite enjoyed it too.

Last edited:
New Evergrey song Trek. Quite enjoyed it too.

They also released the song 'The Paradox of the Flame' clip today!

I feel this is yet another step forward for the band!

And to the poster above about Baroness: Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaas! Saw them at Soundwave in 2014 and they were amazing. Was thrilled to hear The Gnashing live. Also, Purple is another great album, for sure. Was close to my favourite for 2015.

DAB radio just says it's called "Classic Rock". I think it's got some link to Triple M somehow. Alice Cooper often compares some of the shows but (ironically) not the metal one....
Night's with Alice Cooper was good, just saw u can stream it weeknights 7-9pm thru www.star1045.com.au. I sometimes check out the Metalsucks podcast, don't know if there's any others worth checking out.

Fastest thing I've ever had imported! It was handed to DHL Express in the States and customs were prepaid so it flew through shipping and arrived at my work this arvo. The listing from Musicians Friend on eBay was 'used' but at the price on it that didn't matter. They mentioned "small scratches" but when holding it up to the light I can't see them except for maybe the most hairline of marks that you can't avoid when doing a string change. All I can think is that this was a return as a result of finance or change of mind so they couldn't sell it as new. If I wanted this brand new in Australia I'd be looking at about $3200 from my local who gives a decent discount (RRP is closer to $4k), but all I paid in total including shipping, custom duties and currency conversion fee (e.g robbery) was $1850. All in all I made out like a bandit. I've spent more than that on a couple other guitars yet this thing is now the most 'high end' that I own. The only shame is the way ESP changed their branding in recent years. Jap made ESP's used to get the ESP logo on the headstock but they wanted to restrict that to their US made ESP Standard/custom shop gear (which starts at about $5k). Now the Japanese ESPs are stamped E-II. It still says ESP on the 12th fret (where as the cheaper ESP LTDs will say LTD), has an ESP fitted hardcase and of course most importantly "made in Japan" on the back of the headstock.

I have christened it by belting out Metallica - Battery.

Love the reverse headstock.

How's it sound?

Love the reverse headstock.

How's it sound?

Sounds good through my set up. At first I was hesitant of the EMG81 pickups in both neck and bridge and mahogany body. I have an LTD ec1000 eclipse with an 81 in the bridge which is also mahogany like this M-II and sounds really thin. But the M-II certainly has a thicker tone probably due to the 25.5" inch scale vs the 24.75" of the eclipse. In terms of active pick ups I still think the Seymour Duncan blackouts are my favourite as they have those crispy highs but are a lot darker and probably better rounded out. I'll leave the 81s in this though because it will really cut through the mix on leads in recording and there is no point having every guitar sound the same. It really does play like $4000 though. One of my main exercise routines is the beginning to Racer X - Technical Difficulties and this thing plays so quick that I'm actually falling over fingers on the runs.

Current chain is: 100w Blackstar series one (6L6 tubes, very metal), TS808 tube screamer, with Hardwire delay and Supernatural reverb in the loop and an ISP gstring noise gate in cross over connection which completely tidies up all the extra noise. This M-II and my Schecter Blackjack (mahogany with SD blackouts) and that set up sound like Kirk's leads off Black and Justice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back