Bigfooty General Metal Thread Mk.VI

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you listen to it? It is extremely good black metal - probably one of the very best black metal demos to ever be released.

Got this. It's some of the best NSBM going around IMO. Another one to check out if you haven't before is Gontyna Kry - Welowie. It's probably Piaty's most black metal stuff as his other work is Sunwheel/Swastyka, same band just different name, did an awesome cover of Det Som En Gang Var on the split with Grom. Kataxu is probably his most polished work but IMO sounds exactly the same as Sunwheel.

Last edited:

Did you listen to it? It is extremely good black metal - probably one of the very best black metal demos to ever be released.
Yeh I've heard it, it's black metal, it's not a particular style of music that requires any discernible musical talent (Deathspell Omega being an exception but probably not "troo".

Being of Middle Eastern descent, I can relate more to some of these artists who actually do suffer from religious obscurantism and potential death at the hands of religious *s rather than northern european pussies who live in the freest societies on earth, that and I'm partial to Middle Eastern modes and scales (Harmonic Minor/Phrygian Dominant et al) as exhibited in some of these tunes.

^ "it's not a particular style of music that requires any discernible musical talent" well okay then buddy. You're right about the standing of DSO (early stuff aside). I heard there's another part of this website (SRP?) where you could go to get pats on the back for being anti-NS, I'm only in this thread for the music though. I do like Ayat, but I haven't heard the rest of the bands you linked. Damaar is another great one from that part of the world, unfortunately only with the one release.

And Veinen make some nice Von worship

Gontyna Kry... there's a band I haven't listened to in a long time. They were one of my favourites back when I was a lot more into this kind of stuff. I'll have to go on a trip through memory lane when I get home tonight

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No. Heard they were playing a Frost set?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Two sets, the first of the older stuff, the second of newer (Below the Lights onwards). They were amazing. One thing that's stood out to me both times I've seen them is how different their stage presence is to most other Scandinavian bands; they don't hide how much they actually enjoy playing live, and engage the crowd a lot with their jokes and banter.

Ivar loves Australia, apparently just not Perth?

5997a2173d4b88dfb5b76cdad0febce0.jpg

So did a cross town trip to Essendon DFO JB to grab this Inquisition. Certainly not the same same joint I remember about 5 or 6 years ago. Waste of a trip. Looks like it is going to be an eBay job but at least I'll be able to grab that Graveland/Nokturnal Mortem while I'm at it.

Mate I got it from WOW HD for about $18 delivered to my door.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back