Bigfooty General Metal Thread Mk.VI

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah that blows, sorry to hear it.

Got a few comin' over for NYE, might just whack on KNAC int radio, not sure what MMMs doin. CBF playing dj.

If anyone's got any suggestions for good stations to put on tonight let us know, more after a good mix everyone can enjoy of the rock/metal persuasion.

Have a good night fellas

It's a shithouse feeling isn't it.
I found most annoying all the s**t to do afterwards. Report it to police (total useless, but wasn't sure it is a requirement for insurance perhaps), insurance didn't pay anyway, car was too old for a full cover insurance, so I had to get a new windows from some junkyard (getting a new one directly worthwhile with such an old car) and even getting a new leatherjacket added to that money issue. Everything was hardly affordable because I was still at university at that time.

Luckily none of my friend left anything worthy in the car. Some liked to leave their wallets in my car so the couldn't loose it during drunken moshpit action...

But have to agree, it is pretty annoying that you can't do anything about it. It just happens when you are not there. My father got robbed at knifepoint but at the ripe age of 63 the smashed that bloke's teeth and held him until police arrived. Feels much better I would think...

I found most annoying all the s**t to do afterwards. Report it to police (total useless, but wasn't sure it is a requirement for insurance perhaps), insurance didn't pay anyway, car was too old for a full cover insurance, so I had to get a new windows from some junkyard (getting a new one directly worthwhile with such an old car) and even getting a new leatherjacket added to that money issue. Everything was hardly affordable because I was still at university at that time.

Luckily none of my friend left anything worthy in the car. Some liked to leave their wallets in my car so the couldn't loose it during drunken moshpit action...

But have to agree, it is pretty annoying that you can't do anything about it. It just happens when you are not there. My father got robbed at knifepoint but at the ripe age of 63 the smashed that bloke's teeth and held him until police arrived. Feels much better I would think...

Reported it to police here as well for insurance purposes. Police came around this morning to dust the car for prints but as expected nothing turned up however they were off to the other two cars broken into after mine so fingers crossed. The police were great and one said he has responded to at least 10 previous incidents involving the same car park so I sent a nice letter off to that restaurant today. Insurance are covering some of the value of the lost items and are repairing the window and any damage to the door next week so now we just start replacing stuff and move on. It was luckily just a quick smash and grab as none of my CDs or sunnies or anything were touched. Still feel bummed and as such can't be bothered doing anything for NYE.

Great stuff from your dad there, I would think my old man would do the same. He's 62, had a quadruple bypass but an ex-biker bloke and still doesn't shy away from a punch on. They don't breed them like our old blokes anymore.

Not sure what I would have done had I caught them in the act. I haven't scrapped in years but I would have seen red.

Last edited:

Great stuff from your dad there, I would think my old man would do the same. He's 62, had a quadruple bypass but an ex-biker bloke and still doesn't shy away from a punch on. They don't breed them like our old blokes anymore.
My father had some close combat training when he was a paratrooper 40 years ago, but has been working in an office for more then 30 years and doing no sports (or even fights) at all when it happened...

Don't leave s**t in sight in your car. Popped into nandos in Heatherton for 10 minutes with the missus on the way home from airport (just got back from a few days in tassie visiting mum) and got back to the car to find one of my windows smashed in and two small suit cases gone off the back seat. One had a Mgla shirt in it. Missus lost her hair dryer and hair straightener but my insurance claim will cover those, it's the small sentimental s**t we got from mum for Xmas which hurts the most. Happened to two other cars in the car park and man I feel so ******* violated. Not to sound like a snob but I've been living SE Bayside for most of the time since I moved to Melbourne and this just doesn't happen around here like Dandy or Franga, Mentone/Chelty/Brighton are great areas and now I feel sick to my guts.

Sucks to hear mate. Although I think this happens in all suburbs... Doesn't make it any easier to accept. Your kinda left super pissed but with no one to actually channel it at.

I recall waking one night about 4am to the sound of my wife's back driver window being carefully popped out in the driveway. I was out there in 60 seconds I reckon and no luck - idiot had gone. Window put back (almost).

Laptop etc stolen (who leaves their laptop visible, in a car overnight you ask...?). I was fuming but what can you do?

Cops rang about 6am.... They had randomly pulled a car over for no reason and it was our guy! He had a car full of s**t - he'd been out all night doing this. Anyway went to the station to make statement, identify the stuff and get it back.

Given the dick was in a cell, I asked the cop of he'd let me have a polite conversation with the arsehole... Cop laughed... But request denied. lol.

Hopefully you get your stuff sorted/replaced etc without too much fuss but nothing much helps with the anger that someone thinks they have the right to do this to you.

Sucks to hear mate. Although I think this happens in all suburbs... Doesn't make it any easier to accept. Your kinda left super pissed but with no one to actually channel it at.

I recall waking one night about 4am to the sound of my wife's back driver window being carefully popped out in the driveway. I was out there in 60 seconds I reckon and no luck - idiot had gone. Window put back (almost).

Laptop etc stolen (who leaves their laptop visible, in a car overnight you ask...?). I was fuming but what can you do?

Cops rang about 6am.... They had randomly pulled a car over for no reason and it was our guy! He had a car full of s**t - he'd been out all night doing this. Anyway went to the station to make statement, identify the stuff and get it back.

Given the dick was in a cell, I asked the cop of he'd let me have a polite conversation with the arsehole... Cop laughed... But request denied. lol.

Hopefully you get your stuff sorted/replaced etc without too much fuss but nothing much helps with the anger that someone thinks they have the right to do this to you.

Said to the police officer while he was dusting my car for prints that I guess it's my own fault for leaving stuff on the back seat and he said that was garbage and we should be able to leave stuff in our cars whenever we want without some prick pinching it. From now on I'm just going to have to be more careful. I'm pretty bummed out over it but nothing I can do so just have to get on with it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Got Sepultura - Beneath the Remains on. Love it but what a fall from grace commencing with Arise.

I always felt that the production on BtR was a bit lifeless - a classic Scott Burns mix. Great songs though.

Schizophrenia is the way they should sound on record IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back