Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 8, 2006
2014 or 2008. Probably 2008.
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Dallas Cowboys and Texas Longhorns
Chaddy JB used to stock stuff like Graveland and Bloodthorn.

When Janecka was in full swing mid 90s he flooded every store with MIM. I used to go to the local chain store in Greensborough and virtually have access to the full MIM catalogue. Pretty sure I've seen Graveland in the city back when Elizabeth St had a better range. Wouldn't shock if Knox still gets it in - it has Satanic Warmaster there. Certain Absurd would have been available given some releases are on NC.

Jun 25, 2011
Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
I think I got most of my Modern Invasion stuff from my old JB in Brisbane. Some old stock must have been found recently because it was only just before Christmas I found The Amenta at JB Springvale and the case looked pretty old. Saw something else at Eastlands but I can't remember what. Essendon DFO actually had Absurd once years ago when they stocked Abigor and most of Absu's back catalogue (I was going through the As :D). I'm not sure if it's still there but there was an independent music store in Dandenong mall that I used once to order in Dissection's DVD and cleaned up some of his underground second hand BM stuff and the guy was telling me how JB was killing him because he couldn't even stock Bathory anymore because he couldn't compete with their prices. I can't even remember the last time I have seen a couple token Bathory or even Emperor CDs at a JB.

Dee Snider

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 17, 2006
Burning in Hell
AFL Club
Collingwood
I think I got most of my Modern Invasion stuff from my old JB in Brisbane. Some old stock must have been found recently because it was only just before Christmas I found The Amenta at JB Springvale and the case looked pretty old. Saw something else at Eastlands but I can't remember what. Essendon DFO actually had Absurd once years ago when they stocked Abigor and most of Absu's back catalogue (I was going through the As :D). I'm not sure if it's still there but there was an independent music store in Dandenong mall that I used once to order in Dissection's DVD and cleaned up some of his underground second hand BM stuff and the guy was telling me how JB was killing him because he couldn't even stock Bathory anymore because he couldn't compete with their prices. I can't even remember the last time I have seen a couple token Bathory or even Emperor CDs at a JB.

Radical Records Hub Arcade, Dandenong. Some good books there too. Like to support such places even if the cost is a little over JB.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I normally get my stuff from Knox. This was a while ago, but they did used to stock Graveland. It's where I got Creed of Iron, Will Stronger than Death, & Spears Towards Heaven. I also got Marduk limited releases of World Funeral & Plague Angel, boxes limited to 3000 in the world. Other JBs, don't even bother (yet I got the Le Grand Danse Macabre limited release at Chadstone...).

Pacman82

Premiership Player
Oct 24, 2011
Earth
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
SMFC | Celtics
Thrashin on in the garage this evening. Had to leave the pub, too much women's footy on the screens & too many *******s floating around.

JB used to stock Macabre limited runs but haven't seen any in there for ages. Never saw the last Ep they released there.

Also the dogs stopped selling Cannibal Corpse & Ice-T CDs ages ago.

Schauermann

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 27, 2011
Hamburg
AFL Club
Fremantle

Nothing special probably, some would even even call it average retro stuff, but I just love it...

Together with Cauldron, Johnny Touch and Helvetets Port one off my favourite new old school band.

Jun 25, 2011
Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
Arrived today, great turn around once again.

EF87FF58-37E3-46C8-A7B8-64258CBECCC1_zpsggeqiws4.jpg

That was spectacular. Worth every cent.

The band were tight, Axl's voice was spot on, and they gave us a real show.

I'm hoping they keep going past this reunion tour, I wanna see what this lineup can do.

Jun 25, 2011
Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
Only thing I was bummed about was them being nearly an hour late to come on and then all the noodling around in the middle. We left at 11 to get the train so we could be home by midnight and my heart sank as I heard Night Train and Don't Cry on the way out. Then to top it off the train was delayed so we saw the final fireworks from Richmond station and saw the lights come on and we could have just stayed until the end anyway.

Besides that I thought it was brilliant, I just hate it when these sorts of things are on weeknights :(

I was actually happy for the delay in starting, as i didn't finish work until 8; as much as i told myself that Axl is always late, i still spent the whole day wondering how much of the show i was going to miss. Thankfully, the answer was none.

I didn't mind the noodling around in the middle though l, as it gave Slash and Fortus the opportunity to trade solos. That's why I'm hoping this lineup stays together, i thought they formed a great live partnership, and i want to see what they can do writing together.

Dee Snider

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 17, 2006
Burning in Hell
AFL Club
Collingwood
That was spectacular. Worth every cent.

The band were tight, Axl's voice was spot on, and they gave us a real show.

I'm hoping they keep going past this reunion tour, I wanna see what this lineup can do.

Only thing I was bummed about was them being nearly an hour late to come on and then all the noodling around in the middle. We left at 11 to get the train so we could be home by midnight and my heart sank as I heard Night Train and Don't Cry on the way out. Then to top it off the train was delayed so we saw the final fireworks from Richmond station and saw the lights come on and we could have just stayed until the end anyway.

Besides that I thought it was brilliant, I just hate it when these sorts of things are on weeknights :(

Dokken reunion....,original 4 members...7 dates...Japan. That I'd get off my ass for....!! True story.

Seriously though, I'm glad they pulled it off, it's kinda cool that they can be so good- even now so far from their prime. Debut a classic album for sure, but I reckon I've moved on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back