Bigfooty General Metal Thread Mk.VII

Remove this Banner Ad

What a machine. First has to be a borrowed kit, second probably his own. Still nails it. Love the china. 4:50 onwards from the second is ridiculous.

That fill he uses in EIF VI at 4:16 in that 1st video.. :fearscream:

I air drum far too much that what could be considered safe on my steering wheel and I will never understand what he does or how he does that. o_O

That fill he uses in EIF VI at 4:16 in that 1st video.. :fearscream:

I air drum far too much that what could be considered safe on my steering wheel and I will never understand what he does or how he does that. o_O

I replayed the exact same part the other night a million times the other night to see how I could plug it into guitarpro for my own fills! I broke it down using a 2/4 (bpm would probably argue that it's 4/4 but I found it easier to use 2 groupings of 2 beats) and it initially it sounds like each beat starts with china then ride triples, floor tom, then ending the second beat with snare.... however by the end it kind of flips on it's arse and the china is halfway through 2/4. :shrug:

How about those ridiculous fills in the second video from about 4:20, then after it at 4:55 with the sneaky foot shift to close the hi-hat.

I replayed the exact same part the other night a million times the other night to see how I could plug it into guitarpro for my own fills! I broke it down using a 2/4 (bpm would probably argue that it's 4/4 but I found it easier to use 2 groupings of 2 beats) and it initially it sounds like each beat starts with china then ride triples, floor tom, then ending the second beat with snare.... however by the end it kind of flips on it's arse and the china is halfway through 2/4. :shrug:

How about those ridiculous fills in the second video from about 4:20, then after it at 4:55 with the sneaky foot shift to close the hi-hat.
Hahah yeah it's a bit like that! I stopped trying to make sense of it a long time ago and just hit the off-timed china and snare without the ride quadruplets in the middle of them. :rolleyes:

Hahah yeah it's a bit like that! I stopped trying to make sense of it a long time ago and just hit the off-timed china and snare without the ride quadruplets in the middle of them. :rolleyes:

I always considered EIF II the weakest of everything from the last 3 albums but after watching Darkside on all this footage I didn't realise how many fills and generally ridiculous things he actually does even in even more vanilla sounding tunes. Deadset machine.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Went off Fu Manchu when they released California Crossing.

I went back to them this year when Clone of the Universe was released - great album. But the thing I am addicted to at the moment is Gigantoid. It is an absolute titanic album. One of their best.

I don't make bold claims often, but I will now. This is the best band you have probably never heard of:

Black Manta.

If you like stoner/hard rock they just absolutely hit the mark IMO. Features Hillel from Damnation A.D. and Walter White plays in a death metal band, can't remember the name. Released a killer demo that is on youtube (except for one song) and an EP. Rarely play live shows, enigmatic.

A sample of their set at Doom Fest last year (full set is linked in the YouTube description):

This is hands down the best band I have discovered in the last 15 years. Riffs, riffs, riffs! \m/

Ha, how's this s**t:

IMPERIUM DEKADENZ have been the victim of Mexican plagiarizers ISON (not to be confused with the Swedish ISON). Not only did the band perform official tracks from IMPERIUM DEKADENZ under their own flag, they also planned to release IMPERIUM DEKADENZ's entire full length "Meadows of Nostalgia" under the false name of "The Outsiders". The Mexican exploiters did not even bother to re-record their theft, but were under the impression that a simple song name-change would do the trick.

The band comments:

"Hello everyone,
During our conquest with IMPERIUM DEKADENZ, we have seen and witnessed about everything that is imaginable – but what we have encountered now sinks brazenness to a new low.The lame plagiarizers of the Mexican band ISON are obviously trying to desperately built their 'career' by using OUR songs! This beggars believe, but this 'band' does not only try to play IMPERIUM DEKADENZ songs under false flag live, but they even released an album called 'The Outsiders', which features our original recordings! They now deleted their Facebook-Page and most of the YouTube videos, but they will not stop performing live. They are cheating on you and the whole metal-scene!

A warning to those shameless exploiters of of our creativity and liars, ISON: Don’t mess around with IMPERIUM DEKADENZ! Our label and lawyers are informed. Your time is up! We will make sure, your fraud will be exposed. To our supporters and everyone who believes in art: Please let them know your thoughts on theft of intellectual property! Spread the word!"

Thank you for your attention!
Horaz & Vespasian
IMPERIUM DEKADENZ

Ha, how's this s**t:

IMPERIUM DEKADENZ have been the victim of Mexican plagiarizers ISON (not to be confused with the Swedish ISON). Not only did the band perform official tracks from IMPERIUM DEKADENZ under their own flag, they also planned to release IMPERIUM DEKADENZ's entire full length "Meadows of Nostalgia" under the false name of "The Outsiders". The Mexican exploiters did not even bother to re-record their theft, but were under the impression that a simple song name-change would do the trick.

The band comments:

"Hello everyone,
During our conquest with IMPERIUM DEKADENZ, we have seen and witnessed about everything that is imaginable – but what we have encountered now sinks brazenness to a new low.The lame plagiarizers of the Mexican band ISON are obviously trying to desperately built their 'career' by using OUR songs! This beggars believe, but this 'band' does not only try to play IMPERIUM DEKADENZ songs under false flag live, but they even released an album called 'The Outsiders', which features our original recordings! They now deleted their Facebook-Page and most of the YouTube videos, but they will not stop performing live. They are cheating on you and the whole metal-scene!

A warning to those shameless exploiters of of our creativity and liars, ISON: Don’t mess around with IMPERIUM DEKADENZ! Our label and lawyers are informed. Your time is up! We will make sure, your fraud will be exposed. To our supporters and everyone who believes in art: Please let them know your thoughts on theft of intellectual property! Spread the word!"

Horaz & Vespasian
IMPERIUM DEKADENZ
lol this reminds me of the episode of Trailer Park Boys where J-Roc records an album which "featured" famous rap artists but it was just pirated verses from their songs

Ha, how's this s**t:

The band comments:

"Hello everyone,

Horaz & Vespasian
IMPERIUM DEKADENZ

Awesome. You couldn’t script this stuff if you tried.

Ha, how's this s**t:

The band comments:

"Hello everyone,

Horaz & Vespasian
IMPERIUM DEKADENZ

Blake Judd must be behind this.

Down in Tasmania for Blasphemy.

Spire - boing. Heard it all before. When I see robes I get worried. I was rightfully worried.
Numenorean - garbage. Music for people who want Marduk shows cancelled.
Batushka - surprised me. More cloaks, robes and chanting but the music was decent.
Portal - probably stood to far to the right of stage where the mix wasn't clear. Besides, I think Portal are more of a band you listen to at home on headphones.
Blasphemy - stood right in front of the mixer. They were good. Pity they are not doing any more shows as I'd like to see them again.

I think the crowd peaked during Batushka. Big venue and I'd say capacity was up there. Noted there were signs up stating 'Dark Mofo is a safe space for people of all identities. We have zero tolerance for intolerance'. Seemed a bit odd when you consider Blasphemy lyrics (and lyrical content to Quintessence which was played between bands). I can only guess what 'intolerance' they are hinting at and what 'intolerance' is ok. Not sure what they were expecting, but at every metal show I have ever been to people are in good spirits and just want to have a beer and unwind (not abuse minority types).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back