Bigfooty General Metal Thread Mk.VII

Remove this Banner Ad

Hell yes. New Overkill leaving no one in any doubt that this album is gonna thrash. Nice solos, Better production, drumming on point. #winning.

Nice, looking fwd to it.. cheers for the round about recommendation regarding Souls of Black.. Here's an old track that never made an album proper too

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Currently F5'ing Debemur-Morti page waiting on premiere of new Yeruselem track due out today.....

Everyone must have the same idea and hammering the site because I can't get it to load haha. I'll just wait until tomorrow I guess!

Nokturnal Mortum binge tonight. I had no idea Voice of Steel was remastered, and never realised how poor the original master was until I heard this.

Last edited:
I didn't know they remastered it either. I have to say I prefer the original version, I like the grittier sound over the more polished version.

Also, new Yeruselem track is out :D Sounds f'n sweet, like a continuation of 777 trilogy. Not sure if the song is going to be on the new album cause it looks like it's part of a compilation https://dmp666.bandcamp.com/

Track 11 on Servents of Chaos II
Also a new BaN track at number 5. Going to pick this up, worth it for those two tracks alone. Haha

From the sample I heard of the Yerusalem tune it sounds nuts! Very much like 777 and Mort with wailing guitars that sound like they’re lifted straight off TWWTG. You’re right, worth it for that and BAN alone. But also has Behexen, Arkona and Dødsengel too! Not big on compilations normally but I’ll definitely grab that.

Just went into the city for only the second time this year (outside of footy and soccer) to do some Christmas shopping. It's looking so dirty now, way too many people. Dropped in to the JB there and it definitely has a better selection of stuff than the 'burbs. Picked up Cultus Profano which looks like a new Debemur Morti band I've never heard of, and Shining.

Watched Bruce Willis' Death Wish last night. Killer flick. Was really surprised when I heard Sorcery's 'Sacrifice' from the Stunt Rock soundtrack in the film. Killer late 70s hard rock from the USA (got the vinyl and cd of Stunt Rock). Love it.

Yeesh, the original goes for a fair chunk on Discogs.

To be fair, the guy does have 11,000 cds. All catalogued too for easy reference. I remember being at his place years back and picking up a Leathür Records pressing of “Too Fast for Love” off a shelf and he went crazy. Handed me cotton gloves to wear. Lol.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back