Ed_Gein

You are nex !
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
LFC, BVB, Rangers, Valencia, Storm
Happy New Year to you too.

Yeah I’m all over that 1914 album. I love it. Included in my year-end list
Nice one! Just going over your list again now to listen to some of them. The Shylamagoghnar sounds pretty good! I remember talking to one of the guys from the band a few years ago on last.fm because I couldn't figure out how to pronounce their name (lol), so he private messaged me and we had a bit of a convo, seemed like a nice guy.

Last edited:

Ed_Gein

You are nex !
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
https://heritagerex.bigcartel.com/p...steel-deluxe-box-3-lp-marble-vinyl-wooden-box

Just spent my Christmas money on that. I was on the webpage refreshing it quite a bit around the time it was due to go up. The second it went on sale I added to cart, my details auto-filled and then paid for it. Process took about a minute and when it took me back to the page it was sold out. I guess it will be good to have a tidy collectors edition like that.

Dee Snider

Premiership Player
AFL Club
Collingwood
Nice one! Just going over your list again now to listen to some of them. The Shylamagoghnar sounds pretty good! I remember talking to one of the guys from the band a few years ago on last.fm because I couldn't figure out how to pronounce their name (lol), so he private messaged me and we had a bit of a convo, seemed like a nice guy.
I’m staggered more people haven’t picked up on this album. It’s perfect. Similar in shape and feel to the two Enshine albums (which do lean a bit more towards ‘death’ I guess).

How do we pronounce the damn name?

Ed_Gein

You are nex !
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
I’m staggered more people haven’t picked up on this album. It’s perfect. Similar in shape and feel to the two Enshine albums (which do lean a bit more towards ‘death’ I guess).

How do we pronounce the damn name?
Haven't heard Enshine before! I only listened to the Transience song, but it's really impressive when bands can pull off grandoise type lengthy songs like the band did with that song (I guess it's why Moonsorrow are my favourite band), so I'll definitely be streaming the rest of the album over YouTube later.

I don't seem to have the private messages he sent me anymore. https://www.last.fm/music/Shylmagoghnar/+shoutbox?sort=popular#shoutbox I guess back in January 2015 when I left the message he PM'd me after that then updated the shoutbox with a link that's now dead. Had a look around and found , the band is mentioned ~40 seconds in, and the guy from the band said it was prounounced correctly in the comments. It seems he enjoy's engaging with his fans and takes pride in it which is nice to see.

deathevocation

Coffee. Football. Metal.
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Dallas Cowboys and Texas Longhorns
Thread starter #4,808
https://heritagerex.bigcartel.com/p...steel-deluxe-box-3-lp-marble-vinyl-wooden-box

Just spent my Christmas money on that. I was on the webpage refreshing it quite a bit around the time it was due to go up. The second it went on sale I added to cart, my details auto-filled and then paid for it. Process took about a minute and when it took me back to the page it was sold out. I guess it will be good to have a tidy collectors edition like that.
That album has killer artwork.

AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
The Baggy Green, Storm, Celtic F.C.
Been on an anime blitz. Four episodes left of しき (Shiki). Not a bad series about vampires looking to take over a country village (the portrayal of a Japanese country village in this series is spot on too).
I go on the odd anime bing, too. Liked Shiki. If you haven't yet, make sure you watch Another; it's my favourite. Erased was also great.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

deathevocation

Coffee. Football. Metal.
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Thread starter #4,815
Are you o/s?

Np: Necromantia - Scarlet Evil Witching Black. Last day of ‘freedom’ as the family come home from the beach. Trying to make the most of it.
Decided to stay home this year as tired of travel and wanted to watch all the College Football. I keep Pacman like hours whilst on leave. Got back from gym last night and watched film late. Will do again tonight. The first two Necromantia albums are classics.

deathevocation

Coffee. Football. Metal.
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Thread starter #4,816
I go on the odd anime bing, too. Liked Shiki. If you haven't yet, make sure you watch Another; it's my favourite. Erased was also great.
At Knox now. No Another but Erased is here. Picked up whole series.

Ed_Gein

You are nex !
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Yeah but I haven’t invested too much time in it (which I will remedy). You like it?
To be honest it was a hard listen after hearing 'The Blind Leading the Blind' first. To me, didn't have as great riffs, but maybe a few more listens I might appreciate it more, would've helped had I listened to it first before their new one, maybe? ;)

dwwaino

AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
BVB, MVFC
Moderator #4,825
I was up there for about 20 years. Only about a year and a half of that was on the Goldy (mermaid waters) and don’t miss the heat or the crazy storms. Preferred the Sunny coast over Gold Coast though, less touristy and glam. My best mate growing up had a holiday house just outside Coolum and we regularly went up which was pretty cool. Couldn’t wait to finish my apprenticeship and get back to Vic though for the more tolerable weather and better footy.

Top Bottom