Bigfooty General Metal Thread Mk.VII

Pacman82

Club Legend
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
MVFC
I do a trip or 2 during the footy season too, watch the Lions as well. I like the heat personally, if I moved up here I'd love one of these apartments on the beach but I'd need a storage lot to keep working on cars (& start a death metal band haha)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

dwwaino

AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
BVB, MVFC
Moderator #4,827
I do a trip or 2 during the footy season too, watch the Lions as well. I like the heat personally, if I moved up here I'd love one of these apartments on the beach but I'd need a storage lot to keep working on cars (& start a death metal band haha)
The Gabba is a pretty good ground to watch footy. We started going there when it had the greyhound track and then right through the development. I’ve heard it’s a bit run down now but it was nice when it was all new. Everywhere is a pretty good view too.

deathevocation

Coffee. Football. Metal.
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Dallas Cowboys and Texas Longhorns
Thread starter #4,829
I go on the odd anime bing, too. Liked Shiki. If you haven't yet, make sure you watch Another; it's my favourite. Erased was also great.
Watched first six episodes of Erased. It is really good. Will watch final six tomorrow.

dwwaino

AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
BVB, MVFC
Moderator #4,835

(Log in to remove this ad.)

AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
The Baggy Green, Storm, Celtic F.C.
Just finished Erased James Colorado. I picked the killer pretty early on though it was still a pretty creepy and somewhat sad series. Didn't think Hiromi and Kayo would end up together. Haha.
One thing that makes those series what they are is the fact that they deal with very serious, very dark themes, but by using child protagonists (well, sort of in this case), it's all approached with a fearless enthusiasm. I think that goes a long way to adding another layer of tragedy to the whole proceedings, as the transition to adulthood with its concomitant loss of innocence/acquisition of cynicism therefore underlies what those same characters experience in terms of plot. I find a lot of Japanese works are lent additional pathos by this.

SELFCONFESDAFLNERD

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Bombers,Jazz,49'ers,Rafa
So ive been bingeing Sumeru, Paradise Lost, Candlemass, Conan and Church of Misery over the past few days. I think i'll probably move on to some Sleep, High on Fire, Okera and maybe Electric Wizard soon. It goes without saying that I'm really enjoying doom and sludge at the moment. I'm annoyed that i havent seen Paradise Lost or Church of Misery live despite nearly buying tickets to their shows last time they toured. Life got in the way i guess! I'm really hoping COM come back sometime as I'm assuming Paradise Lost will!

Dee Snider

Premiership Player
AFL Club
Collingwood
So ive been bingeing Sumeru, Paradise Lost, Candlemass, Conan and Church of Misery over the past few days. I think i'll probably move on to some Sleep, High on Fire, Okera and maybe Electric Wizard soon. It goes without saying that I'm really enjoying doom and sludge at the moment. I'm annoyed that i havent seen Paradise Lost or Church of Misery live despite nearly buying tickets to their shows last time they toured. Life got in the way i guess! I'm really hoping COM come back sometime as I'm assuming Paradise Lost will!
Paradise Lost eh? I’ve seen them numerous times, the last being extremely underwhelming. For a band who’ve been round 30 years you’d think they’d put in a little effort. No backdrop, no stage props...nothing. Nick looking totally uninterested, Greg looking like Dexter from the Offspring....one of my fave bands however a great live experience they are not.

SELFCONFESDAFLNERD

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Bombers,Jazz,49'ers,Rafa
Paradise Lost eh? I’ve seen them numerous times, the last being extremely underwhelming. For a band who’ve been round 30 years you’d think they’d put in a little effort. No backdrop, no stage props...nothing. Nick looking totally uninterested, Greg looking like Dexter from the Offspring....one of my fave bands however a great live experience they are not.
Not going to lie, that does make me feel better. Sad for a legendary band to just go through the motions/look completely uninspired like that. I hope there was a time where you saw them at the top of their (live) game

Dee Snider

Premiership Player
AFL Club
Collingwood
Not going to lie, that does make me feel better. Sad for a legendary band to just go through the motions/look completely uninspired like that. I hope there was a time where you saw them at the top of their (live) game
They came out mid-90s? around the Draconian Times era. Brilliant.

Top Bottom