Bigfooty General Metal Thread Mk.VII

Remove this Banner Ad

Also Steve Jones's book is out, I heard it's one of the better rock biographies.

He's also got a radio show on at 5am-7am on an LA station, I occasionally listen to on-line.

One band I've never been interested in. Bit like Napalm Death. Just no interest.

Well there you go. They can be hit or miss but have some cracking albums. The last decade has been pretty solid. Somewhat reminds me of how Overkill turned its form around.

They were playing new Overkill on KNAC, was listening to it on my phone at the gym tonight, sounded like a return to form. Hearing a good mix on that station lately.

Do you blokes know of any good stations worth adding?

Is Spotify actually pretty decent then? I just assumed it was for normies.

Get with the program Dwwaino.

I'm an old school guy who needs the hard copy cd....the booklet......the pics.....the liner notes etc. Always will be that way. Buying the actual release makes you feel like you've invested in something that someone has created...brought them into your home. No downloads or cloud streaming has that connection.

However....I'll give you a great example of why I'm a Spotify convert.

There's a Greek band called Ocean of Grief who released their incredible debut which was only for sale via their Bandcamp page and an obscure Russian distribution mob. I tried like hell to get it but to no avail. Limited to something like 300 copies. So I go into Spotify and there it is...I can listen to it anywhere, any time with my monthly subscription.

If I look at my Spotify library I've got bands like Batushka, Blut Aus Nord, Burzum, Darkthrone, Dissection, Decembre Noir, Saturnus, Mayhem, Rotting Christ, Sacramentum, Death, Dismember, Slidhr, Steeler, Whitesnake, UDO, Triptykon, Warlock, WASP ..its an endless cloud based musical library.

I'm an old school guy who needs the hard copy cd....the booklet......the pics.....the liner notes etc. Always will be that way. Buying the actual release makes you feel like you've invested in something that someone has created...brought them into your home. No downloads or cloud streaming has that connection.

There's a Greek band called Ocean of Grief who released their incredible debut which was only for sale via their Bandcamp page and an obscure Russian distribution mob. I tried like hell to get it but to no avail. Limited to something like 300 copies. So I go into Spotify and there it is...I can listen to it anywhere, any time with my monthly subscription.

If I look at my Spotify library I've got bands like Batushka, Blut Aus Nord, Burzum, Darkthrone, Dissection, Decembre Noir, Saturnus, Mayhem, Rotting Christ, Sacramentum, Death, Dismember, Slidhr, Steeler, Whitesnake, UDO, Triptykon, Warlock, WASP ..its an endless cloud based musical library.

https://www.discogs.com/sell/release/8109415?ev=rb

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm a big believer in buying the physical media, cos how else can the bands we enjoy keep making the music we love? Haven't signed up to spotify yet, but i think i might have to after your endorsement. There's always going to be some things you can't buy, after all...probably because deathevocation got the last copy :p

Bought the new Doomsday Kingdom album last night. The mighty Leif Edling (Candlemass) and Wolf's Niklas “Viper” Stålvind on vocals. Not a bad effort for sure. Less doom more trad metal. If you liked the recent Denner/Shermann releases then this could be right up your alley.

Bought the new Doomsday Kingdom album last night. The mighty Leif Edling (Candlemass) and Wolf's Niklas “Viper” Stålvind on vocals. Not a bad effort for sure. Less doom more trad metal. If you liked the recent Denner/Shermann releases then this could be right up your alley.

I like it. Sometimes think it is even Wolf. Only song which I skip is the closing track.

Latest purchases:

Slayer - The Vinyl Conflict boxset
Arghoslent - Incorrigible Bigotry CD
Order From Chaos - Frozen in Steel CD box
Cauldron Black Ram - Stalagmire CD
Carcass - Necroticism LP
Judas Priest - Point of Entry CD

Love having heaps of new stuff to listen to.

Latest purchases:

Slayer - The Vinyl Conflict boxset
Arghoslent - Incorrigible Bigotry CD
Order From Chaos - Frozen in Steel CD box
Cauldron Black Ram - Stalagmire CD
Carcass - Necroticism LP
Judas Priest - Point of Entry CD

Love having heaps of new stuff to listen to.

Some rippers in there. Arghoslent are due for something new - killer band IMO.

Now playing: Slayer Divine Intervention LP

Geez if there's an album that needs a remaster it's this one! Songs are great though

Remove this Banner Ad

Back