(Log in to remove this ad.)

deathevocation

Coffee. Football. Metal.
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Dallas Cowboys and Texas Longhorns
Thread starter #5,803
Slayer were awesome. Araya the same as Monday - looked very emotional at end and basically stood on stage alone staring at the crowd for what seemed like ten minutes. He said some quick words after that and offered a prayer symbol with his hands. Guess the events of today could also be at play. Setlist was exactly the same.

deathevocation

Coffee. Football. Metal.
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Thread starter #5,804
The venue in adelaide was only 2,000 and they were ******* awesome.

Enjoy.
Yeah probably the same. Thinking of going down to Christchurch for Sunday's show but have a 12pm on Monday. What should I do Dee Snider?

Dee Snider

Premiership Player
AFL Club
Collingwood
Yeah probably the same. Thinking of going down to Christchurch for Sunday's show but have a 12pm on Monday. What should I do Dee Snider?
You change flights to Business Class, Head to CC and enjoy the show, rise at sparrows for your taxi, hit airport and have a shower in the Lounge, sleep for 2-3 hours on the plane, head straight from Tullamarine to city for meeting. Easy.

For everyone else, insert “check with wife if it’s ok to extend trip by an additional night” as mandatory Step 1.

Last edited:

Magus

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Slayer were awesome. Araya the same as Monday - looked very emotional at end and basically stood on stage alone staring at the crowd for what seemed like ten minutes. He said some quick words after that and offered a prayer symbol with his hands. Guess the events of today could also be at play. Setlist was exactly the same.
It's interesting. You get the impression that if Araya wanted to continue, then Slayer wouldn't be retiring. KK certainly doesn't want to stop.
He has said in the past that losing the ability to headbang on stage made it less fun for him and he seemed more affected by Jeff's passing than anyone else. Prior to these shows i reckon he looked a bit disinterested on stage too. I guess the splitting up thing is becoming a reality now.

Dee Snider

Premiership Player
AFL Club
Collingwood
It's interesting. You get the impression that if Araya wanted to continue, then Slayer wouldn't be retiring. KK certainly doesn't want to stop.
He has said in the past that losing the ability to headbang on stage made it less fun for him and he seemed more affected by Jeff's passing than anyone else. Prior to these shows i reckon he looked a bit disinterested on stage too. I guess the splitting up thing is becoming a reality now.
True, he’s also nearly deaf. Wears a hearing aid. I reckon his body has been the major cause.

Magus

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
True, he’s also nearly deaf. Wears a hearing aid. I reckon his body has been the major cause.
I wouldn't be surprised if they just played major festivals from now on instead of continuous touring. They'll get some huge offers after this round of touring is over.
TBH I had written them off after Jeff died and Lombardo left but they were so good at Download.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

deathevocation

Coffee. Football. Metal.
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Thread starter #5,812

SA HAWK

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Hawthorn
They've played the Thebarton a few times - can't imagine how good it would be there.
Saw them all 3 times they played at the thebby easily the best venue in adelaide.

This time was my favourite of all the times i saw them the venue was about the same size but has no seats.

Last edited:

SA HAWK

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Hawthorn
He was the same in adelaide looked like he was going to cry he seems like a very genuine sort of guy.

Kerry on the other hand.

deathevocation

Coffee. Football. Metal.
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Thread starter #5,815
He was the same in adelaide looked like he was going to cry he seems like a very genuine sort of guy.

Kerry on the other hand.
Yeah. Completely different personalities. Think I'd enjoy a coffee with Araya, not sure a Jager and Red Bull with King would be my thing. Haha.

deathevocation

Coffee. Football. Metal.
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Thread starter #5,818

Pacman82

Club Legend
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
MVFC
Just checkin' in. Yeah the Muslim fellas I've dealt with over the years have been as good as gold, you'd have to think pretty lowly of urself to think the Korans a threat down here..

Spewing I missed DL, JP, Slayer, AnthraX, etc, week off stuffing around with cars n shit so can't go to NZ... Enjoy DV!!

deathevocation

Coffee. Football. Metal.
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Thread starter #5,824
Just got to JP. Venue sort of like Rod Laver though half the size. Will be killer. That Halestorm or whatever they are called are on now. They are not for me. Actually, they are terrible.

Pacman82

Club Legend
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
MVFC
Just got to JP. Venue sort of like Rod Laver though half the size. Will be killer. That Halestorm or whatever they are called are on now. They are not for me. Actually, they are terrible.
Never heard of them, copped video msgs of Preist last Monday at work, sounding strong still

Top Bottom