Bigfooty General Metal Thread Mk.VII

Remove this Banner Ad

Stuff me, my JB is rubbish. Same stock every week, surely someone there has noticed that nothing moves from the metal section and to ask some other stores what they should be getting in.

Unless they have a metal buyer you're in trouble. Think Knox the only one with a real metal buyer now.

Unless they have a metal buyer you're in trouble. Think Knox the only one with a real metal buyer now.

Surely someone in there has to ask the question "why aren't we selling any metal CDs?" Same stock every week, no one is buying anything from there. Not asking for an early Metal Mayhem like selection, just to be on the ball with the new releases off the major labels. A while ago I bought their final copy of a Vader album, it was The Empire. The next week they replaced it with two copies of... Tibi et Igni which were still there tonight. That just screams no ******* idea.

Surely someone in there has to ask the question "why aren't we selling any metal CDs?" Same stock every week, no one is buying anything from there. Not asking for an early Metal Mayhem like selection, just to be on the ball with the new releases off the major labels. A while ago I bought their final copy of a Vader album, it was The Empire. The next week they replaced it with two copies of... Tibi et Igni which were still there tonight. That just screams no ******* idea.
I used to have that same frustration at my JB back when I used to buy hard copy albums years ago, before I had a half decent job I was pleading for a job there so I could run the damn section properly. No new releases, promoting rubbish albums that were dubiously slotted into their metal section. I raged. A lot.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ream his arse about their deal with ESP too. Who the hell goes to JB to buy a guitar? It's only screwing over the independent guitar stores. Can't wait for Amazon to shake things up.

Have an audition with an established black metal band in two weeks. Fingers crossed!

Yeah I hear ya. I've only met him once or twice. I didn't get the impression he was overly concerned about our complaints....their profits don't come from metal cds.

At Sydney airport waiting for flight. Picked up new Entrails, the last Candlemass ep, first Taake (vinyl upgrade), 2nd The Cult album and one blind purchase, that Vampire album on CM. Also noticed the Korean who served us at breakfast had huge cans so mentioned 'oppai' under my breath. Was ok until my boy started yelling it out. Its Japanese for ****. The missus just gave me 'the look'.

Can't believe you've only just got into the cult. One of the most underrated bands in hard rock, even given they do have a decent level of fame. Love is a great album, an interesting mix of hard rock and new wave, avant garde romanticism.

Can't believe you've only just got into the cult. One of the most underrated bands in hard rock, even given they do have a decent level of fame. Love is a great album, an interesting mix of hard rock and new wave, avant garde romanticism.

Yeah. Only really paid attention to Sweet Soul Sister. Been playing Electric quite a lot. Just one of those things I guess.

Yeah. Only really paid attention to Sweet Soul Sister. Been playing Electric quite a lot. Just one of those things I guess.

Love Electric, it's a classic, but probably a little safer than Love as it's a genuine hard rock album without too much experimentation

Remove this Banner Ad

Back