Bigfooty General Metal Thread Mk.VII

Remove this Banner Ad

Just made my way through the entire new Paradise Lost album. Slower, doomier & sludgier than anything they've done is 20 years. Truth be told it's a bit of a tough slog. I'll wait to get a 'legit' copy in my hands to pass final judgement though as what I got was not great quality sonically.

Just made my way through the entire new Paradise Lost album. Slower, doomier & sludgier than anything they've done is 20 years. Truth be told it's a bit of a tough slog. I'll wait to get a 'legit' copy in my hands to pass final judgement though as what I got was not great quality sonically.

I haven't heard anything past the second album.

King Diamond's "Conspiracy" in the car this morning. Great lineup on this and LaRocque's work sounding as fresh today as it was back then. Awesomeness all round.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Circa 1990 I had this playing and my mother cracked the shits at me. She grabbed the vinyl and used it as a frisbee. One week later she took me to the city to buy another copy. LaRocque and Blakk were awesome together plus Mikky Dee. Wish Dee had stayed on for The Eye. LaRocque my favourite guitarist.

I haven't heard anything past the second album.

You've mentioned that before. I'm surprised that for a guy who's so well versed in metal that you stopped and never checked out anything else. Their 4th "Icon" in my top 3-4 albums ever. The rest you can take or leave really. PL, Anathema + My Dying Bride framed the soundtrack to my 90s.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Still just got Defender's of the Faith in the car CD player, it's been in there for months now getting the occasional spin. Truth be told I've been on a classic rock trip with 1377 lately.

Some campaigner got their car sideways on Maroondah Highway before. NFI how they did it. Right after the first set of lights before the Caltex after the exit. Car was ******.

Living and dying laughing and crying
Once you have seen it you will never be the same
Life in the fast lane is just how it seems
Hard and it is heavy dirty and mean
Motorbreath its how I live my life
I can't take it any other way
Motorbreath the sign of living fast
It is going to take your breath away
Don't stop for nothing its full speed or nothing
I am taking down you know whatever is in my way
Getting your kicks as you are shooting the line
Sending the shivers up and down your spine
Those people who tell you not to take chances
They are all missing on what life is about
You only live once so take hold of the chance
Don't end up like others the same song and dance

On holiday. Going away is overrated. Invested in this instead:

Poison - Hoelle Und Vernichtung (5 LP + 2 CD Box)
Treblinka - Shrine Of The Pentagram (5 LP Box)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back