Bigfooty General Metal Thread Mk.VII

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dee Snider

Premiership Player
Jul 17, 2006
Burning in Hell
AFL Club
Collingwood
Hey Dylan, was wondering where you had gone the other day. Sweaty SEA ha. Memories...

2019 albums eh? For me, I'd list albums from the following bands:

These three vying for a top 2 finish:

Varaha (reckon you'd like these guys)
Pulchra Morte (reckon you'd like these guys too)
Wormwitch (hope you like these guys)

Fighting for a spot in the eight:

Sinmara
Vanum
Sweet Oblivion (Geoff Tate firing on all cylinders here)
Blade Killer
Riot City
Spirit Adrift
Rotting Christ
Howling Sycamore
October Tide
Haunt
Deserted Fear
Marianas Rest (may be 2018? I reckon you'd like them..death/doom/melodeath etc)
Idle Hands (deserve to be massive - but probably won't)
Whitesnake.

In addition to the above, I wonder if you've checked out two bands - King and Cold Insight? No material in 2019 but still highly recomended for you!

Dylan8

Bar Up
Apr 7, 2013
Burn City
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool FC
Hey Dylan, was wondering where you had gone the other day. Sweaty SEA ha. Memories...

2019 albums eh? For me, I'd list albums from the following bands:

These three vying for a top 2 finish:

Varaha (reckon you'd like these guys)
Pulchra Morte (reckon you'd like these guys too)
Wormwitch (hope you like these guys)

Fighting for a spot in the eight:

Sinmara
Vanum
Sweet Oblivion (Geoff Tate firing on all cylinders here)
Blade Killer
Riot City
Spirit Adrift
Rotting Christ
Howling Sycamore
October Tide
Haunt
Deserted Fear
Marianas Rest (may be 2018? I reckon you'd like them..death/doom/melodeath etc)
Idle Hands (deserve to be massive - but probably won't)
Whitesnake.

In addition to the above, I wonder if you've checked out two bands - King and Cold Insight? No material in 2019 but still highly recomended for you!
Grand. I'll make my way through this.

jooce8891

Club Legend
Jun 19, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
Walls of Jericho - Helloween, probably in my top 10 albums of all time. Couldn't name a bad song on it and love Kai's vocals on it, if anyone who likes power/speed metal and hasn't listened to this album, needs to do it ASAP.

SydneyBomber

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 28, 2001
Sydney
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Essendon
Haven't watched it all yet, but trym seems a bit off on the first song.
But godammn i wish i could have gone to hellfest this year, killer lineup.
Oh, and when did samoth turn into gaahl?! (No, not in a sexual proclivities way, just a scary gaunt norwegian way ha)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

deathevocation

Coffee. Football. Metal.
Apr 8, 2006
2014 or 2008. Probably 2008.
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Dallas Cowboys and Texas Longhorns
Geez NDF 2020 looks good. Dismember, Unanimated, Obliteration, Sacramentum, Death Strike, Brutality and Undergang. That'll do me. MDF has Monstrosity and Necrophobic, but never been to Holland and probably am in no rush to return to Baltimore.

dwwaino

Jun 25, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
BVB, MVFC
This is a year old but someone only just showed it to me. I was never an Inquisition fan and have to admit that I could never look at them the same after what happened but this is a brilliant roast of Metal Cucks and their 'journalism'. I don't know how they can get away with continually publishing rubbish like this and if no one is going to lawyer up then surely it's about time they received some bare knuckle justice.

(Language NSFW)

Ed_Gein

You are nex !
Dec 17, 2003
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
LFC, BVB, Rangers, Valencia, Storm
This is a year old but someone only just showed it to me. I was never an Inquisition fan and have to admit that I could never look at them the same after what happened but this is a brilliant roast of Metal Cucks and their 'journalism'. I don't know how they can get away with continually publishing rubbish like this and if no one is going to lawyer up then surely it's about time they received some bare knuckle justice.

(Language NSFW)
I can't watch more than 10 seconds of that guy before I have to switch it off, unfortunately. But I'd probably agree with what he says about MetalSucks anyway.

Dee Snider

Premiership Player
Jul 17, 2006
Burning in Hell
AFL Club
Collingwood

(Language NSFW)
This guy is hilarious. I’m in. Subscribed. Delivering ‘Metal Cocks’ ass to them on a plate. One cheek at a time.

dwwaino

Jun 25, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
BVB, MVFC
I can't watch more than 10 seconds of that guy before I have to switch it off, unfortunately. But I'd probably agree with what he says about MetalSucks anyway.
Pretty much saying that MetalCucks only reported on half the story, only publishing the prosecution's statements but completely ignoring the judge's outcome. It's complete defamation. Also went on to say that they cried when KK doxxed them haha. I wasn't aware of that!

SELFCONFESDAFLNERD

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 21, 2008
The Sunshine State
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Bombers,Jazz,49'ers,Rafa
Haven't listened to a lot of new metal this year. What's been everyone's favourite stuff? Paging Dee Snider SELFCONFESDAFLNERD because we seem to have aligned tastes

Meanwhile in a real doom metal mood since I got back to Melbourne from a sweaty couple of months in SE Asia

I havent really had my finger on the pulse this year either. I have an inkling that someone has already suggested these guys but Potion are my newest doom metal find. Their most recent release was last year. I have a lot of time for Sumeru as well. Summon Destroyer, also released last year, is a pretty decent riff-fest. It is a bit more uptempo. I'll be seeing Potion, Sumeru and Beastwars at Dead of Winter Festival this Saturday in Brisbane.

In terms of this years releases I'm a big fan of Devin Townsend's new album although most of it is not metal. New Soen is great if you like prog. Grand Magus is great. I am a fan of Possessed's latest offering and Saint Vitus likewise. For a more obscure recommendation, Nocturnal Breed - We only came for the Violence is pretty great. Its very raw thrash metal and im a big fan of the vocals.

I'm yet to listen to new Death Angel, Baroness, Destruction or Soilwork in their entirety. Hope you get something out of this post!

Top Bottom