Bigfooty General Metal Thread Mk.VII

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dee Snider

Premiership Player
Jul 17, 2006
Burning in Hell
AFL Club
Collingwood
I knew you'd be all over it, any other good Glam Metal releases from around that era..?
Maybe not so many circa 2000 (LA Guns' "Wake the Dead" 2002 is fantastic); off the top of my head I'd certainly recommend the following:

Crashdiet (new album due September)
Generation Wild (2010) - pure Crue worship, a lot like New Tattoo in sound.
Rest in Sleaze (2005) - classic debut with the classic song "Miracle". RIP Dave Lepard.

Crazy Lixx
Riot Avenue (2012)
Forever Wild (2019)

Hardcore Superstar
Dreamin’ in a Casket (2007) - hands down one of the best sleaze/hair metal albums of all time.
Hardcore Superstar (2005)- "We Don't Celebrate Sundays"..great party anthem

Ratt
Detonator (1990) - overlooked gem of an album.
Infestation (2010) - one of the better 'reformation' comeback-type albums put-out)

Reckless Love
Animal Attraction (2010). Quality.

Saigon Kick
The Lizard (1992)

Spread Eagle
Self-Titled 1990 (these guys were actually from New York so they had a harder edge than some..)

Ed_Gein

You are nex !
Dec 17, 2003
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
LFC, BVB, Rangers, Valencia, Storm
Guns n' Roses - Use Your Illusion I.

Takes me back.... loved the Gunners in the 90's.

Pacman82

Club Legend
Oct 24, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
MVFC
Maybe not so many circa 2000 (LA Guns' "Wake the Dead" 2002 is fantastic); off the top of my head I'd certainly recommend the following:

Crashdiet (new album due September)
Generation Wild (2010) - pure Crue worship, a lot like New Tattoo in sound.
Rest in Sleaze (2005) - classic debut with the classic song "Miracle". RIP Dave Lepard.

Crazy Lixx
Riot Avenue (2012)
Forever Wild (2019)

Hardcore Superstar
Dreamin’ in a Casket (2007) - hands down one of the best sleaze/hair metal albums of all time.
Hardcore Superstar (2005)- "We Don't Celebrate Sundays"..great party anthem

Ratt
Detonator (1990) - overlooked gem of an album.
Infestation (2010) - one of the better 'reformation' comeback-type albums put-out)

Reckless Love
Animal Attraction (2010). Quality.

Saigon Kick
The Lizard (1992)

Spread Eagle
Self-Titled 1990 (these guys were actually from New York so they had a harder edge than some..)
Cheers, plenty there to look into 👍
Of course I know Detonator haha.. Might knock the dust off Infestation though!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

jooce8891

Club Legend
Jun 19, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
I don't mind the "Lost in Vegas" guys. They do reaction videos to songs and about half of the songs they choose are metal. Its kinda cool to see their progression as they knew nothing about metal when they started and from listening to it for their channel they have grown to appreciate it. Most of their reactions are to more popular stuff as that is what people recommend but they have reacted to Mayhem, Candlemass, Death, Mercyful Fate, NeO etc. When i have nothing better to do i go to their videos.

EDIT: They went to a Mastodon/Primus gig and gave their thoughts on that which was kind of interesting.
hahaha lost in vegas, been watching them since they had about 10k subs first video i watched was their reaction to enter sandman a long, long time ago...

jooce8891

Club Legend
Jun 19, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
Package through from Utopia. Idle Hands ep, new Hate and the Hail to England remix/remaster (keep an ear out for me on the eastern tonight - you'll be hearing this).
they seriously better bring manowar out sometime, wasnt old enough to see ross the boss last year?? it will probably sell out within a day i reckon...

jooce8891

Club Legend
Jun 19, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
yeah i agree, for Melbourne at least you'd expect it to be at festival hall but not sure they'd enjoy playing in front of 1.5k odd people, probably want more than that :/ hard to see it happening honestly...

SELFCONFESDAFLNERD

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 21, 2008
The Sunshine State
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Bombers,Jazz,49'ers,Rafa
hahaha lost in vegas, been watching them since they had about 10k subs first video i watched was their reaction to enter sandman a long, long time ago...
Nice! I found them probably a year ago after a band i like on Facebook posted a reaction to one of their own songs. I think it was NeO but i cant remember for certain :think: They are pretty entertaining and its good that they back up the whole 'free thinkers' mentality that they spruik. As i mentioned, i think its pretty cool to watch their progression. I particularly enjoyed the first time they reacted to Gojira (they chose 'Stranded')

Top Bottom