Bigfooty General Metal Thread Mk.VII

jooce8891

Club Legend
Jun 19, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
Nice! I found them probably a year ago after a band i like on Facebook posted a reaction to one of their own songs. I think it was NeO but i cant remember for certain :think: They are pretty entertaining and its good that they back up the whole 'free thinkers' mentality that they spruik. As i mentioned, i think its pretty cool to watch their progression. I particularly enjoyed the first time they reacted to Gojira (they chose 'Stranded')
yeah they actually got me into gojira, infact the band you're thinking of is probably gojira, i know that they have promoted lost in vegas' reaction to the first song they reacted to on facebook, i think the song was The Heaviest Matter of The Universe

(Log in to remove this ad.)

SydneyBomber

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 28, 2001
Sydney
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Essendon
Not much YouTube content id rather watch less than song reaction videos. Or reaction videos generally.
Rick Beato 'what makes this song great' series is well, great.
Pretty mainstream taste overall (really enjoyed his breakdown of some AIC tracks), but his musical theory and production knowlledge is amazing

(Log in to remove this ad.)

James Colorado

Club Legend
Aug 25, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
The Baggy Green, Storm, Celtic F.C.
Abbath - Outstrider.

First impression is positive; I like it, but it's probably not going to be considered a classic going forward. Not really black metal, blackened traditional metal, perhaps?

deathevocation

Coffee. Football. Metal.
Apr 8, 2006
2014 or 2008. Probably 2008.
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Dallas Cowboys and Texas Longhorns
Abbath - Outstrider.

First impression is positive; I like it, but it's probably not going to be considered a classic going forward. Not really black metal, blackened traditional metal, perhaps?
Got some nice riffs and solos from what I have heard in the two or three spins I've given it. Definitely heavy metal with a little black metal infused. Also has probably the gayest photo I have seen in some time in the middle of the booklet. With the evolution of his music I don't know why he doesn't ditch all the campiness and do Motorhead style photo shoots.

Top Bottom