Bigfooty General Metal Thread Mk.VII

Remove this Banner Ad

been diving deeper and deeper into a black metal hole (you guys have probably heard of this band), but been enjoying this album so far.

Not to sound disparaging, but that is decent entry level black metal in my view. I like it and have been listening to black metal forever and a day. A lot of people will say it's no good, though I usually find that view is formed in light of the label it is on and/or the s**t bloke in the band, rather than the quality of the music (no doubt there are many who legitimately do not like the music). Nothing new to the table but certainly listenable.

I struggled with Batushka even before the s**t went down. Cool live aesthetic but after that I found them pretty generic and by the numbers.

Just chucked this on again. I forgot about it as I've been listening to mostly Spotify lately and they aren't on it. One of the more underrated BM albums of 2019 and it just oozes Sweden.

I struggled with Batushka even before the s**t went down. Cool live aesthetic but after that I found them pretty generic and by the numbers.

Just chucked this on again. I forgot about it as I've been listening to mostly Spotify lately and they aren't on it. One of the more underrated BM albums of 2019 and it just oozes Sweden.

Might check Northern Heritage and blind buy it.

what’s that “s**t” guessing it was someone with a dodgy background

Not to sound disparaging, but that is decent entry level black metal in my view. I like it and have been listening to black metal forever and a day. A lot of people will say it's no good, though I usually find that view is formed in light of the label it is on and/or the s**t bloke in the band, rather than the quality of the music (no doubt there are many who legitimately do not like the music). Nothing new to the table but certainly listenable.
fair enough, i’m just getting into black metal so i’m trying to sound out what i do and don’t like

what’s that “s**t” guessing it was someone with a dodgy background

There was a fair bit of drama that is easy to find. One guy basically stole the band, a kicked out member claimed to own it and make his own version so now there are more than one Batushka's that claim to be the real one. Courts involved, angry internet rants at each other etc. It's actually all pretty funny.

There was a fair bit of drama that is easy to find. One guy basically stole the band, a kicked out member claimed to own it and make his own version so now there are more than one Batushka's that claim to be the real one. Courts involved, angry internet rants at each other etc. It's actually all pretty funny.
primary school drama in a black metal band... unbelievable

primary school drama in a black metal band... unbelievable

Look up Mayhem if you want drama in a black metal band. Not really primary school level, though. In fact, just look up Mayhem.

The version of Batushka touring in November is the official version, but that's essentially the vocalist who sidelined the guitarist/songwriter/band creator. I'll probably go anyway, but just bear the situation in mind if you decide to.

Look up Mayhem if you want drama in a black metal band. Not really primary school level, though. In fact, just look up Mayhem.

The version of Batushka touring in November is the official version, but that's essentially the vocalist who sidelined the guitarist/songwriter/band creator. I'll probably go anyway, but just bear the situation in mind if you decide to.
hahaha yeah im well aware of the mayhem situation

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seen Nytt Land tonight. Not metal, but more or less a ritual folk band from Russia (like Wardruna or Heilung), was a great concert. Kind of like that stuff when I need a break from riffs. :D

dwwaino new BAN album leaked, I guess I won't be able to resist listening to it!

Tempting. If it gets on YouTube I'll listen to it. Will still get an order in this weekend. I've listened to the s**t out new Mgla online even though it hasn't arrived yet.

Hopefully it does. I have a funny feeling Debemur Morti are quite protective with their music being put on YouTube, so I dunno how the album leaked this early... New Mgla up there for AOTY?

Blut Aus Nord usually promote their stuff through Bandcamp so you're probably right regarding DM.

As much as I fanboy Mgla I reckon latest Sinmara is just too good. What a year though. Sinmara, Mgla, Grafvitnir, Misthyrming, soon Blut Aus Nord. Only way the year could be any better would be a new Drudkh. That was last year wasn't it?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back