Bigfooty General Metal Thread Mk.VII

Remove this Banner Ad

Necrot is likely to sell out IMO. They are doing a Thursday nught show at someone's house in Collingwood. I bought a ticket to Dark Angel - looking forward to it but not keen on the circus support act.

I just noticed the set times. I'm not gonna be able to go to both. Still, Necrot are an up and coming band, they'll be back.

Ah well, kinda pi**ed now that Kroda had their visa applications denied to play at Darkness Guides Us fest that's here in Glasgow in November. :( Kinda wanna speculate that somehow the Government equate them with being a right-wing band or something.

That's s**t. Didn't realise Ukraine wasn't part of the EU until I just looked it up just now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nice vest. Have you had any hassle with those totenkopf patches? I got a Baise Ma Hache zipper with a big variation of a Totenkopf on the back, kind of anxious wearing it sometimes. lol

It's the third jacket I've transfered them to in about 15 years and no issues go date. Though I probably only go to 1-2 gigs a year now and have to admit the thought has crossed my mind the last couple years. Not wearing it around my own band stuff though because that's the last s**t we need haha.

My old jacket has a Che Guevara patch with a line through it and caught the eye of a few lefty punk kids in the past but never any of the totenkopf or previous nsbm patches I had before.

Yeah fair call. Seems like UK and Australia might be more forgiving towards those type of things maybe? Just seen as a representation of Black Metal rather than a political statement like perhaps would happen in USA.

When I first started going out I remember the old dudes used to have iron Eagles and s**t complete with swastikas on their thrash jackets. No one cared. When I was in Spear of Longinus I had a SoL shirt with 'nazi occult metal' on the back that I'd wear for not a statement but because it was the band's shirt and an EP they released 7 or 8 years before I joined. Again no one really cared. It was just seen as a part of the underground BM imagery just like shirts of burning churches, killing Christians or Jesus being raped or something. It's only recently the climate has really changed. The totenkopf collars have been my thing for so long, it's how people recognise me so I don't intend on getting rid of them any time soon. If they cause any issues in the future I'll cross that bridge when it comes.

I generally only wear it with long sleeves underneath though to cover up some old stickers as them together with the jacket could potentially set off some alarm bells lol

Damn, didn't know you were in Spear of Longinus! TIL. But yeah, landscape is changing pretty quick towards extreme metal. Lot of scene policing and so on.

Was only in it for a few years and just on one EP but unfortunately it has followed me haha. Been knocked back from a few bands because of it but I can understand because no one wants antifa or metalsucks catching on. My current band don't give a s**t. They are actually hoping it happens haha. They reckon it would be funny considering one of our guys is Iranian.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back