deathevocation

Coffee. Football. Metal.
Apr 8, 2006
2014 or 2008. Probably 2008.
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Dallas Cowboys and Texas Longhorns
Probably get there at 8pm tonight. Immolation have a 50 minute set and it looks like mostly Atonement material.
Got there just before Abramelin and left as soon as Immolation finished. DF would probably put on a good show but the opportunity to leave the city early on a Saturday was too good to miss. Fair turnout (had top bar open) and both bands were decent. I was happy that No Jesus No Beast was included in the set. Very Atonement heavy as expected and weren't very loud. Ross said new album next year and suggested they'd tour here for it. Next city show to navigate is Dark Angel on GF eve. Checked the supports - think I'll be showing just before DA hit the stage.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

James Colorado

Club Legend
Aug 25, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
The Baggy Green, Storm, Celtic F.C.
dark funeral were absolutely amazing
Third time I've seen them, and it was the best. The atmosphere they were able to conjure was just oppressive darkness.

Immolation were also great, exactly what I expected from them.

Got there right after Abramelin, I'm a little mad at myself that I missed them.

jooce8891

Premiership Player
Jun 19, 2018
frankston station
AFL Club
Carlton
Third time I've seen them, and it was the best. The atmosphere they were able to conjure was just oppressive darkness.

Immolation were also great, exactly what I expected from them.

Got there right after Abramelin, I'm a little mad at myself that I missed them.
i was right at the front and joined in the pit a bit, god it was fun tho, where were you standing?

SydneyBomber

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 28, 2001
Sydney
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Essendon
Tonight (in sydney), such a classic album, cant wait!

A very good chance i may completely lose my shit when the thrash break cuts in around the 30 second mark, love it.
And again whenr the 'maideny'-bit kicks in around 1.10

Last edited:

Dee Snider

Premiership Player
Jul 17, 2006
Burning in Hell
AFL Club
Collingwood

Re-issue on the way too. Hopefully new mix does Barker’s drumming the justice it deserves.

SydneyBomber

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 28, 2001
Sydney
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Essendon
COF were really great last night.
Obviously Dani's band, but he has some top-notch players with him who put on quite the spectacle (no angle-grinders though unfortunately!).
Drummer was a beast.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pacman82

Club Legend
Oct 24, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
MVFC
Latest gets from JB the other day, Dokken live CD/DVD & Havok Conformicide.

The new Havok’s good for something different, early 90’s prog thrash sound in effect..

Dokken live is ok. Never a huge fan of live albums but usually dig live vid/dvd’s.

Prince St

All Australian
Sep 11, 2012
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
PAOK FC
No Solace usually send confirmation when stuff has been sent. Looks like I'll be just twiddling my thumbs for a few weeks hoping it all shows up.
Got a shipping confirmation email last time I ordered from No Solace, haven’t had anything as of yet, you received anything?

dwwaino

Jun 25, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
BVB, MVFC
Got a shipping confirmation email last time I ordered from No Solace, haven’t had anything as of yet, you received anything?
Every other time I've received shipping confirmation too because it used to say that if you want a tracking number then to reply. This time all I have is the order confirmation. Haven't had any problems with No Solace in the past so I'll just wait a few weeks and see what happens. Mgla is on tour at the moment I think and I'm pretty sure one of their partners handles the orders. So maybe there is a bit of a hold up. I assume they're getting smashed with orders at the moment with the new album.

deathevocation

Coffee. Football. Metal.
Apr 8, 2006
2014 or 2008. Probably 2008.
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Dallas Cowboys and Texas Longhorns
Saw Idle Hands are on the King Diamond bill. Weird pairing but two good acts.
Good bill IMO. What's odd is that the KD show in Boston clashes with the final Slayer show in Boston. North American problems I guess - the campaigners get KD tours so they can suck it up.

Top Bottom