Bigfooty General Metal Thread Mk.VII

Remove this Banner Ad

I dig it.

Some of the guitar tone/effects sound a little Paradise Lost-ish but I don't really hear much else to reference. There's more My Dying Bride type piano/quiet interludes sprinkled through the album (see opening and closing tracks) than any PL influence. I Burn With You & Katabasis are more straighforward.

Last edited:
Yup, turned up a week ago or so. Royal Mail seem ok here in UK, are Aus Post normally like that with overseas parcels?

Normally they're pretty efficient. They also don't show tracking info in their site unless they have scanned it in themselves. Must have been in a consignment marked for a customs inspection or something. I guess I'll have it Monday.

Was looking forward to the Slayer live album. Picked up the cd and have given it one spin in my car. The mix is awful and from what I could hear it has unnaturally loud crowd noise thoughout the songs (think of those old Beatles' live clips but toned down). No one I know cheers throughout songs. One screamer has a high pitched voice which is annoying as * (you'll hear it). No idea what the * they were thinking. Give it a try on Spotify and let me know if I am hearing things - just got home so will try it on headphones.

Was looking forward to the Slayer live album. Picked up the cd and have given it one spin in my car. The mix is awful and from what I could hear it has unnaturally loud crowd noise thoughout the songs (think of those old Beatles' live clips but toned down). No one I know cheers throughout songs. One screamer has a high pitched voice which is annoying as fu** (you'll hear it). No idea what the fu** they were thinking. Give it a try on Spotify and let me know if I am hearing things - just got home so will try it on headphones.

It’s like they taped the crowd at an amusement park and put it on loop. Antichrist was ok, Postmortem ok...’canned crowd’ and all.

Tom’s voice and energy levels are both going/gone by Angel of Death ha ha.

Was gonna listen through a few more songs but noticed Ferris Bueller is on tv so...priorities.

It’s like they taped the crowd at an amusement park and put it on loop. Antichrist was ok, Postmortem ok...’canned crowd’ and all.

Tom’s voice and energy levels are both going/gone by Angel of Death ha ha.

Was gonna listen through a few more songs but noticed Ferris Bueller is on tv so...priorities.

Begs belief eh? Canned crowd for sure.

Anyone check out the new Ozzy track? Jeez those are some awful fuzzy try-hard modern guitar sounds.... awful. Who even played on this this album? Wasn’t Zakk. I’m sure Ozzy has no idea either.

Was looking forward to the Slayer live album. Picked up the cd and have given it one spin in my car. The mix is awful and from what I could hear it has unnaturally loud crowd noise thoughout the songs (think of those old Beatles' live clips but toned down). No one I know cheers throughout songs. One screamer has a high pitched voice which is annoying as fu** (you'll hear it). No idea what the fu** they were thinking. Give it a try on Spotify and let me know if I am hearing things - just got home so will try it on headphones.

I think I'll just listen to Decade of Aggression for the billionth time.

Anyone check out the new Ozzy track? Jeez those are some awful fuzzy try-hard modern guitar sounds.... awful. Who even played on this this album? Wasn’t Zakk. I’m sure Ozzy has no idea either.

"Ordinary Man will be released in early 2020. It was recorded in Los Angeles with producer Andrew Watt on guitars, Duff McKagan (Guns N’ Roses) on bass, and Chad Smith (Red Hot Chili Peppers) on drums."

Bizarre to not use the band he does shows with but really I don't think Ozzy makes these decisions for himself.

"Ordinary Man will be released in early 2020. It was recorded in Los Angeles with producer Andrew Watt on guitars, Duff McKagan (Guns N’ Roses) on bass, and Chad Smith (Red Hot Chili Peppers) on drums."

Bizarre to not use the band he does shows with but really I don't think Ozzy makes these decisions for himself.

Andrew ******* Watt. Isn’t he the producer?

This has massive levels of fail written all over it already.

Andrew ******* Watt. Isn’t he the producer?

This has massive levels of fail written all over it already.

Yep. Ozzy did a song with Post Malone and this guy plays with him. Asked Ozzy to do an album and he agreed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Digging this immensely. New AF.

A lot thrashier than I was expecting.

Last edited:
Sharing a shot of Jim Beam Gold Label with a mate and we’ve dusted this one off. Long day ahead.

6ae2e9ed3310b8fe756afae04693933c.jpg

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back