Magus

Cancelled
10k Posts Bring Back the Bars
Dec 31, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Dallas Mavericks
Anybody got rec's for stuff like War Master & IVth Crusade by Bolt Thrower and stuff like Beneath the Remains and Arise by Sepultura?

Hail of Bullets.

Apr 8, 2006
2014 or 2008. Probably 2008.
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Dallas Cowboys and Texas Longhorns

Watched chapter one. Interesting to watch and got me thinking. Remember going to MFM in 88 for the first time with my friend who picked up South of Heaven. Probably wasn't too long after that it moved to Banana Alley. By late 91 when we were travelling to the city regularly our choice store was PIPE/Extreme Aggression followed by Smoke Dreams (due to these stores selling death and later black) and we wouldn't go to MFM (didn't really seem to embrace death metal). By 95 our Saturdays were EA/Missing Link/Au Go Go (second hand store used to have some gems). Really good times. Probably posted on this before but enjoy thinking about this period.

Dee Snider

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 17, 2006
Burning in Hell
AFL Club
Collingwood
Cool video, especially the last half with all the shots of Metal for Melbourne (Shop & event). I'd forgotten about the steps outside of the shop where you could sit. We were a bit too young and most of the guys coming out of the shop looked pretty threatening (back then), we s**t ourselves going in for the first time. Cool to see Greta and even Joel Green from Armoured Angel!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dee Snider

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 17, 2006
Burning in Hell
AFL Club
Collingwood
d3d853b5f6d0ce276dd2dc6a3db4799b.jpg

Schism

Hostis Humani Generis
Aug 21, 2007
Yasmin Lee's house
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Chelsea
was cranking Lamented Souls in the new car for the last few days, hadn't listented to them in ages. Both versions of Hybris are just epic. Also been cranking Giza Butler on the newest Sleep album, don't much care for the rest of the album, but god damn Giza has got me hanging out for a new Om album. Dudes are as bad as TOOL in that regard

SydneyBomber

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 28, 2001
Sydney
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Essendon
Watched chapter one. Interesting to watch and got me thinking. Remember going to MFM in 88 for the first time with my friend who picked up South of Heaven. Probably wasn't too long after that it moved to Banana Alley. By late 91 when we were travelling to the city regularly our choice store was PIPE/Extreme Aggression followed by Smoke Dreams (due to these stores selling death and later black) and we wouldn't go to MFM (didn't really seem to embrace death metal). By 95 our Saturdays were EA/Missing Link/Au Go Go (second hand store used to have some gems). Really good times. Probably posted on this before but enjoy thinking about this period.
Very similar story for me, although I'd only get to make the trips a few times a year when down in Melb visiting family on school hols/weekends.
Otherwise it was trips to utopia, waterfront and phantom records every other weekend up here in sydney.
Great memories, highlight was hearing about, and then getting a copy of the coroner 'east berlin festival' at MFM - i think i floated all the way home from town i was so excited haha

Magus

Cancelled
10k Posts Bring Back the Bars
Dec 31, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Dallas Mavericks
Verandah Music was the go to place in SA
George and his mrs run the joint...im guessing it shut down once streaming etc became popular
I rememebr thinking about heading in to town for a visit for the first time in a over a decade and someone said it had been shut for years

Shut down roughly 15 years ago. I think it might have changed hands towards the end as the quality of stock dropped right off. Was great when I first started going there though, used to be the only place to find Cannibal Corpse with the uncensored artwork amongst other stuff you wouldn't see anywhere else.

Shut down roughly 15 years ago. I think it might have changed hands towards the end as the quality of stock dropped right off. Was great when I first started going there though, used to be the only place to find Cannibal Corpse with the uncensored artwork amongst other stuff you wouldn't see anywhere else.

I remember waking in and seeing him placing morbid visions by seps on purple vinyl with no cover into the rack and me picking it up about 5 secs later

Reckon that was when he was in the arcade and it had glass walls on the outside
Prob after his time on rundle street??
So long ago

Remove this Banner Ad

Back