Bigfooty General Metal Thread Mk.VII

Remove this Banner Ad

Dee Snider

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 17, 2006
Burning in Hell
AFL Club
Collingwood
Megadeth and Slayer were my favourite bands growing up, but I've always got that "don't meet your heroes" vibe (Araya and Ellefson would probably be cool though). I get the feeling with Mustaine and King that it'd be like how I am with Dunstall and S. Mitchell in a footy sense, actually meeting them would ruin it for me.
Yes, kinda agree. I’ve not met too many I’d consider ‘heroes’. Lizzy Borden is the one I’m happiest about. Not the highest profile going around but I’ve always loved the band and he was so genuinely interested to talk to me, was about 20 minutes of general conversation. Wasn’t at a gig or anything so he had all the time in the world.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

deathevocation

Coffee. Football. Metal.
Apr 8, 2006
2014 or 2008. Probably 2008.
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Dallas Cowboys and Texas Longhorns
Sydney show tonight, looking forwatd to it
Got a friend going. Told her to report back on the shirts. Hopefully not standard cheap tour ones - be nice if they have brought some from the USA. I have a COD shirt and the pile of skulls longsleeve, but both are too large for me these days.

jooce8891

Premiership Player
Jun 19, 2018
frankston station
AFL Club
Carlton
Sydney show tonight, looking forwatd to it
Got a friend going. Told her to report back on the shirts. Hopefully not standard cheap tour ones - be nice if they have brought some from the USA. I have a COD shirt and the pile of skulls longsleeve, but both are too large for me these days.
and??
going by fb comments on the event page, seems like it was fantastic.

deathevocation

Coffee. Football. Metal.
Apr 8, 2006
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
and??
They have the COD tour shirt, the pile of skulls longsleeve, SWR shirts (and hoods?) and one other logo design. They have brought some of the items they sell through their website from what I can see.

SydneyBomber

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 28, 2001
Sydney
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Essendon
and??
Great show, and wormrot were really good too. Best crowd reaction ive seen in sydney for awhile too. 'Find the arise' went off, and the band looked like they were really enjoying the crowd activity.
Didnt really get a chance to check out the merch - LOTS of people buying so if you're keen id get there early.

Only (very minor) gripe was donald tardy overplaying the speed transitions in songs - slight pauses before the slow/grindy bits for emphasis etc. Keeps things 'live/loose', but not in every single song please! Yes, i am very picky ha.

Drummer for wormrot was great, some very tasty blast variations

deathevocation

Coffee. Football. Metal.
Apr 8, 2006
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Obituary were pretty good. Had a real theatre goer next to me (2nd row lead side). Filmed first ten minutes of set on phone and then stood there for remainder of main set not moving. At least he f’ed off before the encore. As expected they played around with the timing of some songs and it looked like they really enjoyed the show. A lot of dope whifting from backstage. I got there around 9pm and the only tour shirts available were medium and small sized. Melbourne fat campaigners missed the boat. Haha. Off home to sleep.

Top Bottom