Bigfooty General Metal Thread Mk.VII

Magus

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 31, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Baroness with Deftones is an interesting combo for a sideshow. I think ill go to that, The Hu and maybe Testament in Brisbane. Thinking hard about not going to Download with those 3 sideshows. I just need Clutch and/or Carcass to announce a Brisbane sideshow and i think i'll probably skip Download
The DL poster stated that the festival would be the only Clutch Australian shows.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

SELFCONFESDAFLNERD

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 21, 2008
The Sunshine State
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Bombers,Jazz,49'ers,Rafa
The DL poster stated that the festival would be the only Clutch Australian shows.
Oh yeah, thanks for letting me know, but that sucks. I guess I'll probably end up going for Clutch, Carcass, Alestorm and Ne Obliviscaris then. Jimmy Eat World potentially for nostalgia if nothing else is on. I'm also worried Download won't come back if it struggles next year so i'll try to support it. That said I'm hoping desperately for 2-3 bands that suit my taste on the 2nd announcement!

Magus

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 31, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Oh yeah, thanks for letting me know, but that sucks. I guess I'll probably end up going for Clutch, Carcass, Alestorm and Ne Obliviscaris then. Jimmy Eat World potentially for nostalgia if nothing else is on. I'm also worried Download won't come back if it struggles next year so i'll try to support it. That said I'm hoping desperately for 2-3 bands that suit my taste on the 2nd announcement!
I hear ya. If I lived in Sydney or Melbourne I'd definitely be going but at this point it's not enough to entice me over. I have my fingers crossed for Carcass or Testament sideshows.
I find it hard to say no to any gigs that interest me, really. Next year I have Uncle Acid, CoC and Iron Maiden lined up and still need to get tickets for Obituary and Kadavar. My mate is keen on Yawning Man and Truckfighters. Will be a hectic few months.

Ed_Gein

Very good. But brick not hit back!
Dec 17, 2003
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
LFC, BVB, Rangers, Valencia, Storm
Awesome album. Never heard anything past Nattens. Zero interest.
Me either. Seen him live 9 or 10 years ago in Hamburg, was in a seated venue of about 150-200 people and one of those shows where the audience sat silent and only clapped after a song had finished type thing. Was only him up the front on a laptop if I remember right, no songs from first 3 albums, so wasn't particularly interesting to be honest, lol.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Magus

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 31, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Looking forward to getting it on cd. I like Blood Incantation but think "the hype" can be a bit much. This also extends to another band I enjoy, Tomb Mold.
I agree. BI are good, solid old school DM. I wouldn't go as far as to call them saviours or anything but there's definitely a necessity for bands that do what they do and do it well. Outre Tombe is another one.

Ed_Gein

Very good. But brick not hit back!
Dec 17, 2003
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
LFC, BVB, Rangers, Valencia, Storm
A fine day to die?
Yup. Read it's a modified version dedicated to Quorthorn though.

Different stuff, some is quite good. But have to agree, when I put on Ulver it is always old stuff. But I actually enjoyed them playing new stuff with a video installation in a seated location some time ago.
Your location says Hamburg, the Ulver gig you mention wasn't the one in Hamburg in 2010 was it?

Top Bottom