SydneyBomber

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 28, 2001
Sydney
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Essendon

Big BDM fan here, but the new song hasn't bitten for me. Would love to see them play with testament and municipal waste on the US tour though, very tempting...!

Great news about FNM tour announcement yesterday (and to a lesser extent Dream Theater).

Anyway (for something a bit different ha) still listening to Noctem on repeat, amazing BM

Last edited:

Magus

Cancelled
10k Posts Bring Back the Bars
Dec 31, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Dallas Mavericks
Love Seventh Son. The songs are just so good. Great melodies, vocals and production.

No Prayer has a couple of good songs but overall it's not great. That production really doesn't suit them, it sounds more like what you'd hear on an AC/DC album. Holy Smoke is enjoyable.

I can't stand Fear of the Dark though. I can even live without the title track. The whole thing is goofy imo.

Apr 8, 2006
2014 or 2008. Probably 2008.
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Dallas Cowboys and Texas Longhorns
Love Seventh Son. The songs are just so good. Great melodies, vocals and production.

No Prayer has a couple of good songs but overall it's not great. That production really doesn't suit them, it sounds more like what you'd hear on an AC/DC album. Holy Smoke is enjoyable.

I can't stand Fear of the Dark though. I can even live without the title track. The whole thing is goofy imo.

Someone correct me if I am wrong but I am certain they play FOTD every damn show. No idea why. I didn't mind NPFTD when it was released though doubt I have really listened to it since the early 90s. FOTD and the other 90s albums are no good. Reckon every album this century is better.

Magus

Cancelled
10k Posts Bring Back the Bars
Dec 31, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Dallas Mavericks
Someone correct me if I am wrong but I am certain they play FOTD every damn show. No idea why. I didn't mind NPFTD when it was released though doubt I have really listened to it since the early 90s. FOTD and the other 90s albums are no good. Reckon every album this century is better.

Yeah pretty sure they play it every show.

I agree, I can do without everything from No Fear up until Bruce returned with BNW.

Dee Snider

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 17, 2006
Burning in Hell
AFL Club
Collingwood
I'm with you guys too.

No Prayer is all filler and the production (who thought it a good idea to record in a barn?) is agricultural at best. Run Silent Run Deep is alright though and I still dig Holy Smoke.

"Fear..." is also B-Grade. Opening track is hard and fast and I though "hang on we might have something here" but the rest forgettable.

And yes, they play the title track all the time, even on the Back Somewhere In Time Tour they played that damn thing. Must be a band favorite...cant work it out.

Back