Bigfooty General Metal Thread Mk.VII

Remove this Banner Ad

Was thinking last night, Hoffman bros seem to have done little since being booted out of the band they started...

Mikkey Dee in Scorpions always struck me as a waste (read 'paycheck').

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's a mixture of paycheck and playing with a band he probably grew up listening to. Amott appears to me to be someone who could be a very well regarded musician, but instead chose a path to play dumbed down music with lyrics that even angry 15 year olds may find cringe worthy.

I mean most of the people in his band would be mid to late 40s and they come up with this faux angry teenager s**t.

Rise into the light and fade to the night
Sick of being told how to run your life
Their rules
They're fools
Empty words they promise so much
The present status quo remains untouched

Was only just thinking about 'When Satan Lives' live album the other day, then remembered how ripped those guys were and wondered myself what they were up to now.
At least one of the two got pinched with roids on tour. You could only really speculate on what they've been up too since. Plotting to take out Benton's a possibility..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Hoffman brothers are playing under the Amon name again. They've been playing in the southeastern US, and I think they've recorded an album that was quite well received.

Edit: Amon released Liar in Wait in 2012.

Off to Taiwan. Gotta track down this little metal shop while I'm there. It's called 'Metal Gate'. Anyone been?

985a2ba4a26dbd2cc15f402149b64659.jpg

Been to a couple prelims before but never seen my own team in one. Usually have had the cheeks spread far and wide by this time of the season. On my way and not sure what to feel.

Picked up that Belphegor because the album had a cool name. Hard to describe. It's almost really cool but it can't decide if it wants to have 'melodic' riffs or just brutal for the sake of it.

Been to a couple prelims before but never seen my own team in one. Usually have had the cheeks spread far and wide by this time of the season. On my way and not sure what to feel.

Picked up that Belphegor because the album had a cool name. Hard to describe. It's almost really cool but it can't decide if it wants to have 'melodic' riffs or just brutal for the sake of it.

How you feeling about now Dwwaino? Pretty good?

At the pub, me n my cousin reminiscing, the old Richmond cheer squad always rocked the most metal t-shirts..

Went in myself, sat at the top of the MCC Members (I don't mix with the common folk :p ). The booing reminded me of those vuvuzelas at the 2010 World Cup. GWS supporters surprisingly held their own in the first half, weren't drowned out like I expected. Still, I've never heard the "yellow & black" so loud. Looking forward to a genuine contest next week.

Went in myself, sat at the top of the MCC Members (I don't mix with the common folk :p ). The booing reminded me of those vuvuzelas at the 2010 World Cup. GWS supporters surprisingly held their own in the first half, weren't drowned out like I expected. Still, I've never heard the "yellow & black" so loud. Looking forward to a genuine contest next week.

Yep. Glad I gambled last week and grabbed a ticket. Gonna be a ripper.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back