Bigfooty General Metal Thread Mk.VII

Remove this Banner Ad

Funny enough, between "These Boots" and the production on the debut, it never really clicked with me until I bought the remaster. Odd as the production on a lot of punk bands (i.e. non existent) never bothered me and I was a huge Megadeth fan back late 80s/early 90s (still buy every album etc but I am talking formative years ...SFSGW/RIP/PS were all played on high rotation).

The thing is, Peace Sells just sounds so damn good, its easy to start there.
Fwiw I've never been a fan of So Far, So Good...So What! It suffers being wedged between the two best MD albums.

The thing is, Peace Sells just sounds so damn good, its easy to start there.
Fwiw I've never been a fan of So Far, So Good...So What! It suffers being wedged between the two best MD albums.

Think it is loaded with classics (only the SP cover sucks) and is peak "unhinged" Megadeth. My view should also be taken in the context of it being my first Megadeth album.

Got my hair in a bun today Dee Snider (and I have a beard which has a longest point of circa 1 inch off my chin). Now that a bun can be achieved I think I have safely navigated through the dark days. I don't think you can put it in a pony tail under much longer so for work purposes, it'll be a bun for a while. Now with hairdressers having to shut for six weeks I have an excuse. Probably 14 months in now - sides and back were pretty close to a zero when I started the quest.

Got my hair in a bun today Dee Snider (and I have a beard which has a longest point of circa 1 inch off my chin). Now that a bun can be achieved I think I have safely navigated through the dark days. I don't think you can put it in a pony tail under much longer so for work purposes, it'll be a bun for a while. Now with hairdressers having to shut for six weeks I have an excuse. Probably 14 months in now - sides and back were pretty close to a zero when I started the quest.

...and here I was, mistakenly of the belief that the only thing that belongs in a bun is a hot dog. Out with Clint Eastwood avatar - in with Ishan. Haha.

I’m jealous. I’d love to be 14 months in. I’m weak and keep cutting it off. A lush mane of healthy, making-women-weak-at-the-knees hair remains a dream.

...and here I was, mistakenly of the belief that the only thing that belongs in a bun is a hot dog. Out with Clint Eastwood avatar - in with Ishan. Haha.

I’m jealous. I’d love to be 14 months in. I’m weak and keep cutting it off. A lush mane of healthy, making-women-weak-at-the-knees hair remains a dream.

Save for a forehead reflective of my age, my hair is reasonable thick though this time seems to have more curls in it (was wavy last time I grew it out). It's funny how many people comment on it - why give a * about someone's hair. If I was commenting on their fat stomach etc it'll be straight to HR.

Still rocking the short back and sides, have had no desire to grow the locks back. Short is just so much easier, especially during any physical activity people tell me i look better now. Actually thinking of going the clippers all over.

Lookin' like an extra off Dazed n Confused here, was gunna get a cut last week but never got around to it.

Going to visit the new gf this Saturday (intimate partner travel exemption). Her mum's freaking out about meeting me for the first time as she's got a dental op on Friday, and will obviously be recovering. Told babe to let her mum know that I won't be judgmental; been avoiding the hairdresser while waiting for community transmission to go down, and all of a sudden I have the makings of a pretty solid mullet. I mean, watch any movie from the early 90s and you'll see what I mean. Thankfully my hair is so curly that the extra length tends to bunch up, but I still look pretty scummy and am in no position to judge anybody else's appearance.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1385f0ef66ddd4673d305bbeac4412b9.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back