Bigfooty General Metal Thread Mk.VII

Remove this Banner Ad

That sounds great, damn. Loved Bobby Koelble on Symbolic.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Carcass ‘Necroticism’ (full dynamic range).

In my Top 5 death metal albums of all time and this sounds incredible on a good system. Hail FDR versions of classic albums.

That Carcass album is one of my favourites too. Bought it in December 91 from memory (may have grabbed a Disembowelment demo at the same time). Nearly 30 years on and it still sounds great.

That Carcass album is one of my favourites too. Bought it in December 91 from memory (may have grabbed a Disembowelment demo at the same time). Nearly 30 years on and it still sounds great.

Magical in FDR.

I’m in the process of upgrading my hi fi. Sending the Focals back. Good sound but powered speakers not working in the main room the way they should. Will need to revert to old school passive speakers and get new network streamer/amp/dac/CD ripper. Worth it I guess. Any ideas?

Last edited:
Dunno but i picked up this last week
Has an aux import on the back so could help lol
Got it for nothing too...was sitting on a cupboard at MIL place
20200813_061453.jpg

Things mint, original plug and booklet.
I have no reason to use it....its purely for the coolness factor

Magical in FDR.

I’m in the process of upgrading my hi fi. Sending the Focals back. Good sound but powered speakers not working in the main room the way they should. Will need to revert to old school passive speakers and get new network streamer/amp/dac/CD ripper. Worth it I guess. Any ideas?

I think it’s a trip to the Audio Trends website to see what speakers suit. My new ones are bookshelf - sounds like you want floor standing? My Cambridge phono amp streams but you have to crank the volume so I don’t use it. If I wanted to hook my cd player through it I need a dac - haven’t done that yet. Main cd player is in another room running through a Yamaha system.

View attachment 934036

Looks handy though. I have been thinking of getting a tape deck - would rarely use but I do have a few cassettes.

View attachment 934036

Looks amazing. I note it states ‘Metal - soft touch operation’ on it too. Very 80s!

ffca03ff2835e4337f28c7662e206e06.jpg

Last edited:
I think it’s a trip to the Audio Trends website to see what speakers suit. My new ones are bookshelf - sounds like you want floor standing? My Cambridge phono amp streams but you have to crank the volume so I don’t use it. If I wanted to hook my cd player through it I need a dac - haven’t done that yet. Main cd player is in another room running through a Yamaha system.

Thank you and yes, I’ve perused the AT website. Plus others. I’d like to audition a few set-ups so will likely wait until we’re out of this mess and can journey out.

Magical in FDR.

There's a place called Melbourne Hi-Fi that often has some cut-price stuff...

Carcass ‘Necroticism’ (full dynamic range).

In my Top 5 death metal albums of all time and this sounds incredible on a good system. Hail FDR versions of classic albums.

Have got most of the FDR release I want now:

Carcass - Necroticism, Heartwork (legendary)
Entombed - Left Hand Path, Clandestine, Wolverine Blues
Morbid Angel - Altars, Blessed, Covenant, Formulas, Gateways (never really cared for Domination)
Terrorizer - World Downfall
Cathedral - The Ethereal Mirror
Bolt Thrower - Realm of Chaos, War Master, For Victory
Napalm Death - From Enslavement...
Sleep - Holy Mountain
Carnage - Dark Recollections

Need to get a copy of Nocturnus The Key and I'm hoping more Napalm Death and Cathedral gets released in the future.

Damn earache released the best stuff for a period there.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back